BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Will there be and M2C 'Heritage Edition' ?

04-04-2020, 02:46 AM   #1
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Will there be and M2C 'Heritage Edition' ?

Sorry, not an announcement but a question.

How many other specials do you feel there would be in the model run?

Here isn't he UK after the CS I don't think there was anything official other than the Heritage that came right at the very end.

The M4 was a new model at launch and still had a heritage edition so I'm expecting a no brained that the M2 will have one also.

Spec
- 2 Special Colours - could one of them be a new colour, a red maybe
- CF Roof with M stripes (BMW need to shift some more of this than just the CS car roof?
- Badges and stuff
      04-04-2020, 03:36 AM   #2
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post

Here isn't he UK after the CS I don't think there was anything official other than the Heritage that came right at the very end.

The M4 was a new model at launch and still had a heritage edition so I'm expecting a no brained that the M2 will have one also.

Spec
- CF Roof with M stripes (BMW need to shift some more of this than just the CS car roof?
- Badges and stuff
I always hoped the M2 would have a bit more of the "2002 homage" styling. Don't get me wrong I really like the M2 overall (the rear and front M2c grille could be better)..
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
JustChris17483.00
ki__409.00
      04-04-2020, 04:00 AM   #3
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Good shout Kankles, sadly looks like BMW design isn't going anywhere near this direction except for wheel designs.
      04-04-2020, 04:21 PM   #4
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
I always hoped the M2 would have a bit more of the "2002 homage" styling. Don't get me wrong I really like the M2 overall (the rear and front M2c grille could be better)..
It may for the next gen G87...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I have not seen the M2 proposals but all I can suggest is that when you look at the 4 Coupe to the M4 you can still have a slim intake underneath the grille with the 4. But the M has the grille down to the front spoiler.
The 4 takes its historic update from the E9 cars. Whereas the 2 will takes its from the 2002. Although the 2 kidney grille is not as prominent and large as it is on the 4. But uses the tall and thinner in terms of width ideas to update and give it a classic appearance.
Appreciate 2
Kankles1484.50
JustChris17483.00
      04-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #5
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CB E46 and SG E92 M3s

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Spec
- Badges and stuff
Just but a Dodge Challenger if u like that look.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      04-04-2020, 08:24 PM   #6
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post

Ha, I got that vibe as well from the design. Maybe even a little Mustang as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 12:04 AM   #7
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post

Ha, I got that vibe as well from the design. Maybe even a little Mustang as well.
Too much power
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #8
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

I'm hoping BMW will do something different for their last F87 M2C model run. But Covid certainly put a damper on things.
JustChris17483.00
      04-05-2020, 09:11 PM   #9
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
If there is money to be had, the last drops will be squeezed out...I agree that some will depend on how the pandemic plays out.
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 1
JustChris17483.00
      05-01-2020, 03:11 AM   #10
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Two remarks:
  • 00:55: "very lightweight": that's rather flattering for the M2 CS:
    • 6MT: 1550 kg DIN / 1625 kg EU;
    • M-DCT: 1575 kg DIN / 1650 kg EU;
  • 03:27: "it's also a robust investment; our limited edition cars have always proven to be very robust investments": seen the M4 GTS, M4 CS and M3 CS prices lately ?
Only tidbit of 'new' information (01:54 - 02:28):
BMW Today: "One thing I have ask you because it's been mentioned so many times in the forums. You brought out the M2. Then you upgraded to the Competition. Now we can see a CS. Will there be also a CSL or what is the overall strategy ?"
Markus Flasch: "To be honest, we haven't decided yet, but we will do more Sondermodelle [special models] than in the past. We want to show that our cars are deriven from the race track and we want to close the gap between competition high-performance car and a race car. And the CS, or maybe even a CSL, alternatives that we are elaborating."
There is already the F87 M2 CS Racing (not street legal). With the F87 M2 EOP (end of production) scheduled for June 2021, it's getting pretty late to start elaborating an F87 M2 CSL project. If an F87 M2 CSL doesn't exist yet or is not yet in the works right now, then it won't come. Except if they lazily make Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2 tires and M-CCB standard + throw in bucket seats, a roll cage, a fire extinguisher and add a CSL badge on the boot of the "very lightweight" M2 CS. Anyways, those with an M2 CS on order might think "Say what ?!" when hearing this.
Let's see whether that 'lazy option' will be the final curtain call for the F87 or whether BMW M already called it a day with the M2 CS (especially because of COVID-19 and economic recession / depression coming across).
      05-02-2020, 01:48 AM   #11
Al1969
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherNiko View Post
There already was
Only in France
Like in Switzerland we do special editions😀
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 02:36 AM   #12
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
03:27: "it's also a robust investment; our limited edition cars have always proven to be very robust investments": seen the M4 GTS, M4 CS and M3 CS prices lately ?
The 507 was a sales failure. Most limited edition BMWs are initially. But then things change. Not that I really care.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 08:12 AM   #13
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
The 507 was a sales failure. Most limited edition BMWs are initially. But then things change. Not that I really care.
That recipe may have worked in the past, but something is changing: electric cars will dominate the market in a not so distant future. As time goes by, cities will further restrict access of petrol cars, or allow these for residents subject to some sort of hefty residence tax. Authorities will demotivate buying or keeping petrol cars. This evolution will reduce demand for older petrol cars, even if cars are considered 'special' (reduced market). Right now lots of old diesel cars have significantly dropped in value because they are no longer allowed to enter main cities.

So beware of using old recipes as reference basis for expectations in a changing future.

Of course this is about 'financial investment' (only few cars are a sound financial investment). If you got yourself your favorite automotive toy, rather consider it an 'investment in fun'. If driven by value preservation (keeping low mileage for better resale value), you will refrain from driving it, which is IMHO a pity: you deprive yourself the fun of regularly enjoying it. Personally, mileage has never influenced my driving behavior. If I want to go for a 5K km tour, I do it. "But increased mileage will reduce the car value" never crosses my mind. Enjoy it now that you still can, instead of missed opportunities regrets later.
      08-11-2022, 05:42 PM   #14
rwemersonrw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition, Acura TSX

Quote:
Quote:

Spec
- Badges and stuff
That's looks so nice! I don't think it's gonna happen.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50