BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Jack point adapters / tire shops

04-02-2020, 01:23 PM   #23
eeyang92
Captain
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke View Post
Dam...I didn't know about these hockey pucks. I've just been jacking my car from the plastic. A little deformity, but so far no issues.

I barely have room to put the jack under the plastic jack points...I wouldn't even be able to use the pucks. Do you have to drive on to some elevated piece of wood to use these pucks if you're in your garage?
You need a low profile jack in order to fit the puck and jack.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 02:56 PM   #24
mssVT98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flange View Post
Need to jack mine up as I want to clean the insides of the wheels ( into week 3 of lockdown and I’m bored...)
However, I’d rather use axle stands than just rely on the jack, but once jacked up using the plastic jack points, where do I put the axle stands without damaging anything?
I'd just jack it up using the other jacking point on the desired side of the car, then put the jack stand at the jack point closest to the wheel you're cleaning. In other words, if you're cleaning the left front, use your floor jack at the left rear until you have enough clearance for the jack stand at the front. These cars are rigid enough that lifting by either end will lift the entire side. It means you'd have to jack it up 4 separate times, but I believe that would be safest. Plus, you probably have the time right now.
Appreciate 0