BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Warranty Work: PUMA Measure CA 63889282-06

04-27-2019, 12:44 PM   #1
switzerr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Warranty Work: PUMA Measure CA 63889282-06

My 2018 was making some unusual clicking noises when turning the wheel at low speeds. The resolution was described as: PUMA Measure CA 63889282-06. The shop foreman described it as removing front wheel bearings, using emery cloth on the spindles, and other things. Apparently it didn't correct the issue.

Further diagnosis pointed to a problematic top mount on the right strut. The bearing separated when the top mount was removed. The good news is that I had Ground Control camber plates ready for installation -- so that warranty work reduced the install cost by half.

If interested, the part number for the "repair set micro" is: 83-19-2-298-825

I'm still not entirely sure what the procedure was, and what problem was supposedly going to be addressed by it. Perhaps someone else has insight?

Ultimately all is good. I've got the camber I was looking for (2 degrees for the street, and I will adjust it to 3 degrees for the track), and the noise is gone. The car feels terrific.

Rob
Appreciate 0