BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > 2017 BMW M2 purchase

04-22-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
M2 power
Rep
Drives: M2

2017 BMW M2 purchase

Hello, guys. Hope you guys having a great day with your M2. I have been searching for a BMW M2 for a while. I found another LBB 2017 BMW M2 with around 27,000 miles on the car that is for sale at around 42K. I'm super excited to go down south pick up this car and drive 16 hours back home. The car still has little over 2 years factory warranty and it is well taken care of. What do you guys think of the mileage and price on this car? It is a 2 years old car with 27k miles consider low mileage? Thank you guys in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #2
JRF
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GTS (NSX, M2, e92 gone)

decent

it's a fair price. not a great price, but a fair price. go search used M2's on Autotrader.

welcome to the NY M2 family, congrats, you're gonna love it
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
M2 power
Rep

Thank you so much for your reply! Yea, it is a fair price for this particular car. not many great deals for the m2 in the country
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #4
skillz1318
6MT User
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 6MT

Picked up my 17 with 11k for $44k with mpe and cf spoiler already installed by PO. 24 months left on warranty as well. Picked up few weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
M2 power
Rep

awesome buy !
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #6
Lake Effect
Rep
Drives: 1996 M3

I just made a similar purchase for a similar price a few weeks ago. I haven't regretted anything about the purchase yet.

Car Gurus has a few listed, and while the odd amazing price is out there, getting the car you want, today, is worth something too.

The only complaint I have is related to the idrive system, what a PITA. Fortunately, I can ignore it...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #7
SConn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Effect View Post
I just made a similar purchase for a similar price a few weeks ago. I haven't regretted anything about the purchase yet.

Car Gurus has a few listed, and while the odd amazing price is out there, getting the car you want, today, is worth something too.

The only complaint I have is related to the idrive system, what a PITA. Fortunately, I can ignore it...
I'm curious what you don't like about the Idrive system? The more familiar I get with it, the more I really really like it.
      04-23-2019, 07:51 AM   #8
Lake Effect
Rep
Drives: 1996 M3

Carplay seemed like a good idea, but the phone overrides choices made to get music out of the speakers from the radio. Turned that off as soon as I could...
Regarding the iDrive system, I'm a bit of a luddite. If I want to hear the radio, I like to turn on the radio. Navigating a mouse to an icon, navigating to "FM", navigating to a randomly named station, and then hoping sound comes out of the speakers annoys me.
The Nav system is shit, spelling addresses out with the mouse wheel. Waze is up to the minute, and accurate.
My kids make fun of me for having a first gen iPod in the garage with nothing newer than 1990 on it because it no longer wants to connect to iTunes.

While I can appreciate the lack of individual components in the dash, it does clean things up, I'll probably never realize the capability of what is hidden in the iDrive interface. I think, for me, it's the "early attempt at digitizing" that bothers me. It's not quite a middle step between individual components and something nice, like the Tesla interface and systems. Fortunately, I can just ignore it and be happy with the rest of the car.

I'm a grumpy old man when it comes to iDrive
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #9
skillz1318
6MT User
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 6MT

I actually really like carplay for Waze/Apps integration, and I set a few stations as favorites so I don't really have to worry about iDrive much outside of changing music source
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 08:22 AM   #10
JRF
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GTS (NSX, M2, e92 gone)

i hate it too

Quote:
Carplay seemed like a good idea, but the phone overrides choices made to get music out of the speakers from the radio. Turned that off as soon as I could...
Regarding the iDrive system, I'm a bit of a luddite. If I want to hear the radio, I like to turn on the radio. Navigating a mouse to an icon, navigating to "FM", navigating to a randomly named station, and then hoping sound comes out of the speakers annoys me.
The Nav system is shit, spelling addresses out with the mouse wheel. Waze is up to the minute, and accurate.
My kids make fun of me for having a first gen iPod in the garage with nothing newer than 1990 on it because it no longer wants to connect to iTunes.

While I can appreciate the lack of individual components in the dash, it does clean things up, I'll probably never realize the capability of what is hidden in the iDrive interface. I think, for me, it's the "early attempt at digitizing" that bothers me. It's not quite a middle step between individual components and something nice, like the Tesla interface and systems. Fortunately, I can just ignore it and be happy with the rest of the car.

Me too. Hate hate hate iDrive. I would be happy to get rid of the whole thing.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #11
SConn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:

Hahaha! I get it. Actually, I've never even tried the android auto in my M2 because I hated it so much in another car I tried it in. As far as the navigation, for me, it's one of the best, most accurate and simplest I've ever used! I literally had one vehicle a couple years ago take me to several blacks away from where I needed to go and it was convinced it was right.

With the M2, I just use the voice function through the steering wheel. A couple prompts, it pulls up a couple options that match what I've said on the screen, I confirm and Boom! Up pops the map!

We've pretty much given up using our '17 F-150's navigation. Terrible! Google maps/waze it is (on our phones).