BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Dealer refusing to provide loaner?

10-20-2020, 09:21 PM   #23
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
I get its a dealership thing but its an unwritten rule that if you drive a high end cars like bmw, audi, lexus, acura you will get a loaner for warranty work . Honda doesnt do that. To expect loaner is perfectly fine.
I don't know where you get that from, because that most certainly is not an unwritten rule with BMW. And I know for a fact it's also not the same policy for Audi. Audi policies are also per dealership and at dealership discretion.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:41 PM   #24
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
I get its a dealership thing but its an unwritten rule that if you drive a high end cars like bmw, audi, lexus, acura you will get a loaner for warranty work . Honda doesnt do that. To expect loaner is perfectly fine.
I don't know where you get that from, because that most certainly is not an unwritten rule with BMW. And I know for a fact it's also not the same policy for Audi. Audi policies are also per dealership and at dealership discretion.
I am not disputing that its not at dealers discretion but generally you get loaner cars for these high end brands and thats the quality of service. Just traded in my vette and quality of service/ techs suck in a chevy dealership
      10-20-2020, 10:43 PM   #25
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
Loaners are absolutely disgusting. They'd have to pay me to drive their loaners. Just think about how many people let one rip in that seat. Greasy steering wheels, awkward smells, etc.

I either wait or call family/friends to hitch a ride.
That means you don't use rental cars,, uber, lyft etc?
      10-20-2020, 10:49 PM   #26
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Loaners are absolutely disgusting. They'd have to pay me to drive their loaners. Just think about how many people let one rip in that seat. Greasy steering wheels, awkward smells, etc.

I either wait or call family/friends to hitch a ride.
That means you don't use rental cars,, uber, lyft etc?
Correct. Even more disgusting.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:50 PM   #27
tjsabec
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008, e90, alpine white, 6mt

I got a loaner for my 1200 mile break in service and another one for warranty work when my diffuser melted. My dealer (Bobby Rahal BMW) seems to want to schedule a bunch of jobs in a day and hand out loaners so they dont have to worry about timing. They are also a high volume dealer. I live an hour away so it works.

I had 2 recalls on my wife's Audi S3 and a much smaller dealership offered me a loaner for both of those jobs. That dealer is much smaller volume, also an hour away.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 10:34 AM   #28
Atomicflow
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Hockenheim M2C

My experience matches what others have said and seems mostly related to the size and volume of the dealership. In Toronto, I regularly got a loaner (or free shuttle service if same day or overnight), but now here on West Coast my local BMW Nanaimo dealer - who are a great but small team - getting a loaner requires scheduling 2-3 weeks in advance AND they charge $20/day. It's a bit of a kick in the guts, I mean $20/day when we just bought 2 new BMW's from them within the last year is pretty shite.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 11:52 AM   #29
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Correct. Even more disgusting.
Kind of agree with you in terms of cleanliness but i have no choice not to use them , i used to travel every week and had to use ubers and rental cars . Rental cars i could choose but some of the ubers were really bad