BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Clutch pedal vibration

09-21-2020, 04:11 PM   #1
.Tranceparent.
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW M3CS

Clutch pedal vibration

Hey all - had two quick questions for all of you. I've got a 2020 M2C with about 4,000 miles on the clock so far, bought it new.

1. About a week ago I noticed that when the car is in gear and I push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, there is a slight vibration that I feel on the pedal. So for example, if I am driving in 2nd, and then change to 3rd by pressing the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, I will feel this vibration (it's like I'm rubbing against a rotating mass). This does not occur if I don't go all the way to the floor - no vibration, smooth shift. This also does not occur when the car is stationary and I just push in the clutch pedal. Has anyone else had this experience? Is this something I need to get looked at?

2. Finally, the 1 to 2 shift feels a bit "crunchy" in the shift lever (and it always has, independent of the pedal vibration). Thought this was simply because it was a new car and it would smooth out over time - but that has not happened. I read about the awkward 1-2 shift in the forums all the time, so figured that is what it is. Any light on that matter would be helpful also.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 09:33 PM   #2
LBBlover
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I just started having the same issue with my clutch pedal on my 2018 M2. Only 11k on the odo exactly when this started happening. I can't seem to find many responses on similar post. Have you taken to the dealership for the Clutch pedal shuttering. If so was the solution covered under warranty?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 07:25 AM   #3
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Seems related to my issues. See this

DMF (Dual Mass Flywheel) issue or hydraulic valve lifters? https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1768130

EDIT: unlikely it's the DMF (which is what I thought at first) and probably it's either throw-out or gearbox bearing.

Last edited by No_curebimmer; 10-22-2020 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 03:57 AM   #4
chatzis
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i AT

Question Found a solution?

tranceparent,

you wrote some time ago:

1. About a week ago I noticed that when the car is in gear and I push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, there is a slight vibration that I feel on the pedal. So for example, if I am driving in 2nd, and then change to 3rd by pressing the clutch ptedal all the way to the floor, I will feel this vibration (it's like I'm rubbing against a rotating mass). This does not occur if I don't go all the way to the floor - no vibration, smooth shift. This also does not occur when the car is stationary and I just push in the clutch pedal. Has anyone else had this experience? Is this something I need to get looked at?

Have you already solved this problem? How did you solve it?

I have the same problem, BMW 2 series.

Thanks in advance!
Steve
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2022, 08:43 PM   #5
.Tranceparent.
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatzis View Post
tranceparent,

you wrote some time ago:

1. About a week ago I noticed that when the car is in gear and I push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, there is a slight vibration that I feel on the pedal. So for example, if I am driving in 2nd, and then change to 3rd by pressing the clutch ptedal all the way to the floor, I will feel this vibration (it's like I'm rubbing against a rotating mass). This does not occur if I don't go all the way to the floor - no vibration, smooth shift. This also does not occur when the car is stationary and I just push in the clutch pedal. Has anyone else had this experience? Is this something I need to get looked at?

Have you already solved this problem? How did you solve it?

I have the same problem, BMW 2 series.

Thanks in advance!
Steve
Hey Steve, the problem ended up going away for me, so did not need to look into it further. For what it's worth, I had the dealer check it out and they did not find any fault with it.
Appreciate 0