BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Track Forum General Chit Chat

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-22-2020, 04:57 PM   #67
hellrotm
Major General
3403
Rep
6,592
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ...Location...Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Yes we did - very happy with it. Pretty awesome when you can thrash the car for an extended run on the track and the IC stays cool to the touch. After we got the M2 going we had to quickly turn our attention to the M3 for the race season that just started - sot still needs some refining to get to the consistent level I want. We have been able to put some pretty quick laps in with the boost turned up - but generally it is not happy at these levels. Going to get this resolved when she goes back under the knife here in the next couple of weeks. Also have some aesthetic issues that need addressing as you can see below

Anymore info on the air to water conversion? Part numbers, cost, plug and play, etc?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 09:40 AM   #68
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
418
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2c
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
9.5" Front / 10.5" Rear - same as my now dedicated track wheels - except these are 20's instead of 18's. I figured that since I am now that guy that runs a wing on the street I need to have the bling wheels to match. Making a push to finish prettying the car up.
Very nice, I love the black barrels. I should be getting my Finspeeds very soon... I keep changing color (now satin Black) and shape... so I got delayed a bit.
__________________
Ride: 2020 F87 M2C, 6MT Drive: Nine-Four Motorsports
Before:
2013 - 3.8L GTR, first DCT
2012 - 5.2L R8 v10, 6MT
2011 - 4.0L E92 M3, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 06:00 PM   #69
OG Shark
duunnn dunnn...
OG Shark's Avatar
1150
Rep
1,160
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Anymore info on the air to water conversion? Part numbers, cost, plug and play, etc?
Honestly so many parts cobbled together to make it work/fit like you see it that I couldn't break it all out like that. The piping really needs to be molded and then replicated instead of trying to repeat this jigsaw puzzle. I've conveyed that to the man responsible for this build M_Technik_ - we'll see what happens there, we have a lot of irons in the fire right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
Very nice, I love the black barrels. I should be getting my Finspeeds very soon... I keep changing color (now satin Black) and shape... so I got delayed a bit.
Well are we going to get a sneak preview or you going to make us wait until they are on the car?

Satin black wheels are still my favorite. Been going with different colors to change it up a bit, but satin black wheels still look the meanest on most cars. Think I'm going to take a set each of the matte bronze & matte gunmetal for my M3 and have them powdercoated black - just hard to beat.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #70
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
418
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2c
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Honestly so many parts cobbled together to make it work/fit like you see it that I couldn't break it all out like that. The piping really needs to be molded and then replicated instead of trying to repeat this jigsaw puzzle. I've conveyed that to the man responsible for this build M_Technik_ - we'll see what happens there, we have a lot of irons in the fire right now...



Well are we going to get a sneak preview or you going to make us wait until they are on the car?

Satin black wheels are still my favorite. Been going with different colors to change it up a bit, but satin black wheels still look the meanest on most cars. Think I'm going to take a set each of the matte bronze & matte gunmetal for my M3 and have them powdercoated black - just hard to beat.
I want a sneak peek too! Usually I get a preproduction pic.... I bought the Finspeed F5. Will post up a pic as soon as they come in... I haven't seen this particular wheel on many cars but then they had a display wheel at COTA... And damn. I loved it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 06:47 PM   #71
OG Shark
duunnn dunnn...
OG Shark's Avatar
1150
Rep
1,160
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
I want a sneak peek too! Usually I get a preproduction pic.... I bought the Finspeed F5. Will post up a pic as soon as they come in... I haven't seen this particular wheel on many cars but then they had a display wheel at COTA... And damn. I loved it.
Those are going to look awesome on the M2C
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2020, 06:57 PM   #72
BeastieBombRacing
mmmbrap
BeastieBombRacing's Avatar
920
Rep
1,151
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Registered for Global Time Attack at Road Atlanta ����
__________________
Current: 2018 M2
Prior: Focus RS Mk3 | E92 M3 Competition | 997.1 Carrera S

Last edited by BeastieBombRacing; 02-26-2020 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 2
OG Shark1150.00
Malakas417.50

      02-26-2020, 07:13 PM   #73
OG Shark
duunnn dunnn...
OG Shark's Avatar
1150
Rep
1,160
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
Registered for Global a Time Attack at Road Atlanta ����
Awesome - give us the details!
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2020, 10:39 PM   #74
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
418
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2c
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Awesome - give us the details!
Yeah, I want to learn more about these classes. What about NASA TT? Seems like a M2c should be able to run in the TT1 class??
__________________
Ride: 2020 F87 M2C, 6MT Drive: Nine-Four Motorsports
Before:
2013 - 3.8L GTR, first DCT
2012 - 5.2L R8 v10, 6MT
2011 - 4.0L E92 M3, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 07:52 AM   #75
OG Shark
duunnn dunnn...
OG Shark's Avatar
1150
Rep
1,160
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
Yeah, I want to learn more about these classes. What about NASA TT? Seems like a M2c should be able to run in the TT1 class??
NASA TT Rules

You could get the car to TT1 level - but I think TT2 would be a better fit for the M2C. Might even be able to squeeze into TT3 with a few tweaks like a detune.

I know that I don't have to tell you what a slippery slope it can be though... Enter one event and the next thing you know you have a full race build M2C on your hands. Heck should just get you an M2CS Racing - they are available for order now
Appreciate 2
mcvaughan547.50
CrashFL118.50

      03-06-2020, 09:05 AM   #76
BeastieBombRacing
mmmbrap
BeastieBombRacing's Avatar
920
Rep
1,151
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Wow, I missed a lot of posts...
__________________
Current: 2018 M2
Prior: Focus RS Mk3 | E92 M3 Competition | 997.1 Carrera S
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #77
BeastieBombRacing
mmmbrap
BeastieBombRacing's Avatar
920
Rep
1,151
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
Yeah, I want to learn more about these classes. What about NASA TT? Seems like a M2c should be able to run in the TT1 class??
Global Time Attack uses a little more archaic classing system.

The important thing to note is that there is no power to weight limit, but each class is limited to a certain tire size. So you could bring a 1,000HP car into Street class, but you still have to run no larger than 295 tires.

I'm in Enthusiast class, which requires you to use 220UTG+ tires, no wider than 285mm for RWD. There are limits on Aero, you have to drive the car to the track and present current insurance and registration paperwork. Full interior must be present. Only one aerodynamic element is allowed on the front and the rear of the car (So on the front you can run a splitter or canards but not both; on the rear you can run a wing or diffuser but not both)

As you go up in classes, there are less restrictions. Gotta read the rules carefully. All classes except for Enthusiast mandate either the Yoko A052 (street, limited, unlimited?) or a Yoko slick (Pro/Comp), I don't remember which one
__________________
Current: 2018 M2
Prior: Focus RS Mk3 | E92 M3 Competition | 997.1 Carrera S

Last edited by BeastieBombRacing; 03-06-2020 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
Malakas417.50

      03-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #78
BeastieBombRacing
mmmbrap
BeastieBombRacing's Avatar
920
Rep
1,151
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
NASA TT Rules

You could get the car to TT1 level - but I think TT2 would be a better fit for the M2C. Might even be able to squeeze into TT3 with a few tweaks like a detune.

I know that I don't have to tell you what a slippery slope it can be though... Enter one event and the next thing you know you have a full race build M2C on your hands. Heck should just get you an M2CS Racing - they are available for order now
The M2C has a very similar power to weight ratio, and with the higher weight you'll get more mod factor.

If you could run at 3820 lbs (that includes car, driver, gas, driver equipment, etc), use avg hp calculator to get down to 375whp, and take all the mods (6mt, 100UTG tires, BTM aero) you could run in TT4.

It'd be a LOT easier to run in TT3 though. That would likely be your base class in NASA.
__________________
Current: 2018 M2
Prior: Focus RS Mk3 | E92 M3 Competition | 997.1 Carrera S
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #79
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
418
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2c
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

These classes are so tricky. Thank you for the link, will read through it.

The global time attack sounds so awesome. Ive seen some of those prepped cars at the track, and they are FULLY built rides. My close friend has an E36 that Im just itching to buy, strip and build as a full racecar. Im not sure if you guys have instagram but if you do, check out Team Schirmer... note from my wallet to my brain to stop looking at their posts.

OG.... a slippery slope indeed!!! Im pretty sure Im one race away from divorce as it is... LOL.
__________________
Ride: 2020 F87 M2C, 6MT Drive: Nine-Four Motorsports
Before:
2013 - 3.8L GTR, first DCT
2012 - 5.2L R8 v10, 6MT
2011 - 4.0L E92 M3, 6MT

Last edited by Malakas; 03-06-2020 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2020, 09:24 AM   #80
BeastieBombRacing
mmmbrap
BeastieBombRacing's Avatar
920
Rep
1,151
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
These classes are so tricky.

The global time attack sounds so awesome. Ive seen some of those prepped cars at the track, and they are FULLY built out rides.

OG.... a slippery slope indeed!!! Im pretty sure Im one race away from divorce as it is... LOL.
One of the reasons I'm the luckiest guy in the world...my wife's grandpa raced cars out in California and she practically grew up in a garage...

For GTA...yeah Some of those builds are incredible. I checked lap times from last year and picked a class accordingly. There's no point in going out there and getting 10th. The Street class guys were doing sub-1:30's last year which the M2 is just not capable of without significant mods.
__________________
Current: 2018 M2
Prior: Focus RS Mk3 | E92 M3 Competition | 997.1 Carrera S
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #81
OG Shark
duunnn dunnn...
OG Shark's Avatar
1150
Rep
1,160
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
The M2C has a very similar power to weight ratio, and with the higher weight you'll get more mod factor.

If you could run at 3820 lbs (that includes car, driver, gas, driver equipment, etc), use avg hp calculator to get down to 375whp, and take all the mods (6mt, 100UTG tires, BTM aero) you could run in TT4.

It'd be a LOT easier to run in TT3 though. That would likely be your base class in NASA.
You're running TT4 in an M2??? (thought I would ask again for the 3rd or 4th time). Figure anything out with your diff?

With the power and weight of the M2C I think having to go to a 275 100+TW tire could be pretty rough. Seems like 3825 would be pretty heavy - might need some ballast to get there? I think it would be too big a penalty for the comp to be competitive - think it would get hurt more than our OG M2's on those tires. Maybe not, would be fun to see someone try.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2020, 06:00 PM   #82
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
418
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2c
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Have you guys been doing any iracing?

Im trying to get the hang of it. Won a miata race and can pretty much hang in the top 5 in Ruf GT3, depending on crashes... which, there seem to be A LOT of. No one really gives room and they drive as if theyve never paid damage to their own racecar before

Otherwise, its a ton of fun.
__________________
Ride: 2020 F87 M2C, 6MT Drive: Nine-Four Motorsports
Before:
2013 - 3.8L GTR, first DCT
2012 - 5.2L R8 v10, 6MT
2011 - 4.0L E92 M3, 6MT
Appreciate 2
bentom2146.00
mcvaughan547.50

      03-29-2020, 08:42 PM   #83
larry.beck
First Lieutenant
larry.beck's Avatar
United_States
201
Rep
306
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
Have you guys been doing any iracing?

Im trying to get the hang of it. Won a miata race and can pretty much hang in the top 5 in Ruf GT3, depending on crashes... which, there seem to be A LOT of. No one really gives room and they drive as if theyve never paid damage to their own racecar before

Otherwise, its a ton of fun.
My Gt29 wheel and pedals arrived yesterday. I haven't done anything beside test runs because mouse and keyboard weren't conducive to high speed action. Lol
__________________
///M2 - 2018 LBB DCT
Appreciate 2
bentom2146.00
Malakas417.50

      03-29-2020, 10:14 PM   #84
OG Shark
duunnn dunnn...
OG Shark's Avatar
1150
Rep
1,160
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

My pedals & wheel are supposed to arrive Tuesday - going to have to see what all this is about too. It's picking up some steam on the E92 M3 board as well - will have to coordinate a BMW night. The experienced guys will have to bare with us noobs though - going to be a bit of a shit show with some of us (mainly me )

This social distancing is starting to get to me. Today I found myself watching the live stream of the SRO sim race...
Appreciate 3
bentom2146.00
mcvaughan547.50
Malakas417.50

      03-29-2020, 11:23 PM   #85
bentom2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
146
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

My G920 just arrived a few hours ago. The wheel stand pro arrived Friday and I just put it all together. Need to figure out the seating situation though; the couch definitely worn’ to work. I have some classic Recaro seats, so maybe I’ll rig up a platform for one. I think I have enough scrap 2x4 and 2x6 to put something together without leaving the quarantine zone.

I’ll be playing on Xbox One. From what I read, it looks like Assetto Corsa (a copy is in my mailbox, just noticed it arrived Thursday) is one of the more realistic games for the platform, but would be interested in hearing about other options. Who else is driving on Xbox and what games/SIMs are you running?
Appreciate 1
Malakas417.50

      03-30-2020, 10:27 AM   #86
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
418
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2c
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Ive been playing Assetto Corsa Competizione which is a ton of fun and iRacing. As my wife has grown more and more "excited" (read: annoyed) at racing I slowly built up a decent home rig. I tried VR (oculus) but it made me throw up. If any of you guys are looking for a chassis, I went with Rseat, and the construction of it is pretty amazing. I think my chassis (fixed, nonhydraulic) is 200 lbs+.

Bought a legit OMP seat figuring it would help get me accustomed to that blasted thing for extended periods.

As I sit working from home (someone help me), Im learning more and more about this sim world. Dont be intimidated, there are very very fast people out there. Also, once you start competing, theres a lot of idiots.

__________________
Ride: 2020 F87 M2C, 6MT Drive: Nine-Four Motorsports
Before:
2013 - 3.8L GTR, first DCT
2012 - 5.2L R8 v10, 6MT
2011 - 4.0L E92 M3, 6MT

Last edited by Malakas; 03-30-2020 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 3
bentom2146.00
PLF69511.00
OG Shark1150.00

      03-31-2020, 08:27 PM   #87
BeastieBombRacing
mmmbrap
BeastieBombRacing's Avatar
920
Rep
1,151
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Jesus, thatís a nice sim rig. Iím over here with my wheel stand pro about to call the jelly school
Appreciate 1
Malakas417.50

      04-01-2020, 10:02 AM   #88
ae03440
Private First Class
ae03440's Avatar
63
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 18' M2 & 20' X3 M40i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
Ive been playing Assetto Corsa Competizione which is a ton of fun and iRacing. As my wife has grown more and more "excited" (read: annoyed) at racing I slowly built up a decent home rig. I tried VR (oculus) but it made me throw up. If any of you guys are looking for a chassis, I went with Rseat, and the construction of it is pretty amazing. I think my chassis (fixed, nonhydraulic) is 200 lbs+.

Bought a legit OMP seat figuring it would help get me accustomed to that blasted thing for extended periods.

As I sit working from home (someone help me), Im learning more and more about this sim world. Dont be intimidated, there are very very fast people out there. Also, once you start competing, theres a lot of idiots.

Love that setup! I just picked up a 49" widescreen and a set of Fanatec V3 pedals to keep me busy during all of this. Love that stand for the screen! Is that also an RS product? Is it the RSstand? I have a playseat rig and was hoping to get it as close to the screen as possible. Pls provide any details you can on that mount. Thx again and great job on your rig!
Appreciate 1
Malakas417.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST