BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > OFFICIAL: M2C Exhaust Options MegaThread

09-13-2020, 03:35 PM   #309
vale007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e82 1 M coupe

supersprint turbo back :-) video will follow!

Name:  ed4854b4-edb6-46f6-a8df-a402f7244370.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  153.4 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Just installed the Akra, catback. I can't believe I didn't do this earlier.
Appreciate 1
blitzyo25.50

09-14-2020, 03:14 PM   #310
Jack yang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17Lexus NX, 19 330i, 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale007 View Post
is this coming to the US?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 04:44 AM   #311
youngm2c
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Hey guys I’m in Australia. Just took delivery of my Jun 2020 made M2 competition. Ordered the Remus gpf back through a local mechanic, but they had trouble putting it on because the angle of the pipe does not align properly. The mechanic reckon BMW has used a different mounting bracket on the latest production models and changed the angle of the piping a little bit. He organized a welder to cut the pipe and weld it back at slightly different angle, just wondering if that is the best option? Has anyone else had or heard of this issue?

My car didn’t have a gpf but according to my mechanic, the guy from Remus Australia doesn’t seem to know that, he said only some earlier production cars do not have gpf. But anyway, on the Remus Australia site it is not mentioned at all that those exhaust will fit the models with gpf only. So I’m not sure if these exhaust were never suppose to fit my car, or did BMW really change the piping a little bit.

Last edited by youngm2c; 09-25-2020 at 04:52 AM.. Reason: Add content
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 10:18 AM   #312
lnsaneM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 m2 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngm2c View Post
Hey guys Iím in Australia. Just took delivery of my Jun 2020 made M2 competition. Ordered the Remus gpf back through a local mechanic, but they had trouble putting it on because the angle of the pipe does not align properly. The mechanic reckon BMW has used a different mounting bracket on the latest production models and changed the angle of the piping a little bit. He organized a welder to cut the pipe and weld it back at slightly different angle, just wondering if that is the best option? Has anyone else had or heard of this issue?

My car didnít have a gpf but according to my mechanic, the guy from Remus Australia doesnít seem to know that, he said only some earlier production cars do not have gpf. But anyway, on the Remus Australia site it is not mentioned at all that those exhaust will fit the models with gpf only. So Iím not sure if these exhaust were never suppose to fit my car, or did BMW really change the piping a little bit.
Which exhaust, sport or race? I just installed mine last week with active autoworke mid, it was easy as everything is a directly bolt on. Maybe try adding midpipe? And it sounds awesome with the mid too
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:13 PM   #313
youngm2c
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsaneM View Post
Which exhaust, sport or race? I just installed mine last week with active autoworke mid, it was easy as everything is a directly bolt on. Maybe try adding midpipe? And it sounds awesome with the mid too
Iíve got the race one. Not sure how long itíll take for them to order an AA mid pipe in, if they can get it at all here in Australia. the car is currently just sitting in the workshop cause theyíve cut the stock exhaust and couldnít install the new one.

Does adding mid pipe cause check engine light to come on if not tuned?

Last edited by youngm2c; 09-25-2020 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #314
blitzyo
Private
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C

Quote:
I’ve got the race one. Not sure how long it’ll take for them to order an AA mid pipe in, the car is currently just sitting in the workshop cause they’ve cut the stock exhaust and couldn’t install the new one.

Does adding mid pipe cause check engine light to come on if not tuned?
Only catless downpipes will cause a CEL in cars with secondary cats.
Only EU cars have OPF filters.

Are you installing the remus kit with resonator delete pipes?
I have the remus race axelback without resonator delete pipes and it fits perfectly on my car with secondary cats. If you are using the resonator delete pipe, then try installing axelback only by clamping back the stock resonator + pipes you've cut off.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 05:42 PM   #315
youngm2c
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzyo View Post
Only catless downpipes will cause a CEL in cars with secondary cats.
Only EU cars have OPF filters.

Are you installing the remus kit with resonator delete pipes?
I have the remus race axelback without resonator delete pipes and it fits perfectly on my car with secondary cats. If you are using the resonator delete pipe, then try installing axelback only by clamping back the stock resonator + pipes you've cut off.
Yea I got the res delete pipes, whatís the build time of your car? so the cut pipes can be simply clamped back together and wonít have any issues?

The mechanic is taking the car to an exhaust shop to potentially get some welding done on the stock pipes so it fits the Remus. I guess Iíll see how that turns out. I guess worse case scenario if it doesnít turn out good I can still opt for a AA mid pipe to just replace that part of the stock pipe.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 07:27 AM   #316
blitzyo
Private
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C

Quote:
Yea I got the res delete pipes, whatís the build time of your car? so the cut pipes can be simply clamped back together and wonít have any issues?

The mechanic is taking the car to an exhaust shop to potentially get some welding done on the stock pipes so it fits the Remus. I guess Iíll see how that turns out. I guess worse case scenario if it doesnít turn out good I can still opt for a AA mid pipe to just replace that part of the stock pipe.
2019 car, built late 2018. Clamps work granted you use the right ones. Welding is always good. Your worst case scenario should be getting rid of the resonator delete pipe and getting a refund for it, its a 400 euro pipe on remus's site.
I wouldn't get the single midpipe now when the EL midpipe is coming out later this year.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 08:17 AM   #317
Finz
Rep
Drives: 02 M Coupe, MY20 M2C ED Sept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
I was browsing the M3/M4 Forums and noticed that Valvetronic is about to release their equal length M3/M4 exhaust. I sent them a message and asked if they were working on one for the M2C and Phillip said "Yes, Coming soon!"

Has anyone had experience with them before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jmKwMK7xs&feature=emb_title
I sent them a message around 9/17, response was that their exhaust for M2C was under development.