BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Andreas21 M2 track build.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #155
dacian
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Romania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas21 View Post
Coated with Max Protect UNCR.
You returned to Pirelli?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 03:21 PM   #156
Andreas21
Private First Class
Andreas21's Avatar
238
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 201BMW X5 2016 and 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacian View Post
You returned to Pirelli?
Yes, I have, but I will try out Nankang AR1 again next season.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 06:03 AM   #157
Andreas21
Private First Class
Andreas21's Avatar
238
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 201BMW X5 2016 and 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Due to rain both days I was at Artic Circle Raceway no onboard was filmed, hope to get better weather next time I go up there.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 06:04 AM   #158
Andreas21
Private First Class
Andreas21's Avatar
238
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 201BMW X5 2016 and 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWelt View Post
Love your build ! : ) Gotta have one of those trailers ....where can I purchase ?
This was rented for the trip.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 12:08 AM   #159
cheembucket
New Member
Canada
3
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: '08 VW R32
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas21 View Post
Here is a picture from the last trip to the Nordschleife and a Karusell picture is a must.
This is wicked
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 04:31 PM   #160
OG Shark
duunnn dunnn...
OG Shark's Avatar
1156
Rep
1,167
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Andreas21 - beautiful build you have there & really enjoy the track videos (particulary Nordschleife). Car looks awesome and you have that thing moving nicely around the track.

Now that you have had the revozport kit for awhile now - are you still happy with the quality? Any issues so far? It looks like you run this car on the street, correct? If so do you still run all three pieces of the front lip? Any clearance issues with it? Do you feel like the aero has added a noticeable amount of downforce - and if so do you feel like it is balanced?

Awesome car!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 01:12 PM   #161
Andreas21
Private First Class
Andreas21's Avatar
238
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 201BMW X5 2016 and 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Andreas21 - beautiful build you have there & really enjoy the track videos (particulary Nordschleife). Car looks awesome and you have that thing moving nicely around the track.

Now that you have had the revozport kit for awhile now - are you still happy with the quality? Any issues so far? It looks like you run this car on the street, correct? If so do you still run all three pieces of the front lip? Any clearance issues with it? Do you feel like the aero has added a noticeable amount of downforce - and if so do you feel like it is balanced?

Awesome car!

Thanks!

The quality is still top notch! Since the front is only 11cm high I have to think at certain places, but normally I have no problems. I have not ridden the car much without the carbon parts, but I dont think it adds much downforce. But of corse it ads some, but how much in pounds I have no idea. The car feels balanced with the rear wing at its most agressive and the splitter at its least agressive setting. I am talking to RevoZport about a bigger rear wing, and then I will test the splitter at its most agressive setting.

I also asked them to make the third part thicker so it will withstand the air pressure better as it is to thin in its original thickness. I run all three pieces of the front splitter.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark1156.00

      08-07-2019, 12:30 AM   #162
OG Shark
duunnn dunnn...
OG Shark's Avatar
1156
Rep
1,167
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas21 View Post
Thanks!

The quality is still top notch! Since the front is only 11cm high I have to think at certain places, but normally I have no problems. I have not ridden the car much without the carbon parts, but I dont think it adds much downforce. But of corse it ads some, but how much in pounds I have no idea. The car feels balanced with the rear wing at its most agressive and the splitter at its least agressive setting. I am talking to RevoZport about a bigger rear wing, and then I will test the splitter at its most agressive setting.

I also asked them to make the third part thicker so it will withstand the air pressure better as it is to thin in its original thickness. I run all three pieces of the front splitter.
Awesome, thanks! Interesting that you found the balance to be max rear and minimum front - but at least you found some balance. Thank you for the confirmation that the quality is still there at this point. Very helpful. Think I might wait to see what they do with those pieces based on your feedback to them.

Have you driven Nordschleife much? Looks like you have a pretty good flow through there. Just curious what the learning process is like for it. How long did it take before you reached that comfort level where you know the whole track,know the lines, now time to start getting at it? Such a monster and very curious about the learning process on it.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 06:27 AM   #163
Andreas21
Private First Class
Andreas21's Avatar
238
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 201BMW X5 2016 and 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Awesome, thanks! Interesting that you found the balance to be max rear and minimum front - but at least you found some balance. Thank you for the confirmation that the quality is still there at this point. Very helpful. Think I might wait to see what they do with those pieces based on your feedback to them.

Have you driven Nordschleife much? Looks like you have a pretty good flow through there. Just curious what the learning process is like for it. How long did it take before you reached that comfort level where you know the whole track,know the lines, now time to start getting at it? Such a monster and very curious about the learning process on it.

I have only done ca 37 laps on the Nordschleife in two visits so I am a real novice there, but I have done thousands of simulator laps so I knew where the track goes and had a line in my head on my first visit.

The track is simply unbelievable and is the most demanding track in the world and it takes many hundreds of laps before you know the track. To train in a simulator will cut down the learning curve by a lot, but it will of corse not give you the feeling for the track. It gave me a line and I knew the track by memory on my first real lap and that is good.

My laptime around 7.40 is quite a safe lap if you can say that on the Nordschleife and I am sure I can go much faster the next time, but due to saefty I dont think I will push much harder in the future. I think a laptime between 7.20 and 7.30 is possible to do without pushing to hard, but then I will need a lap with no traffic.
Appreciate 2
JTO242928.50
OG Shark1156.00

      08-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #164
OG Shark
duunnn dunnn...
OG Shark's Avatar
1156
Rep
1,167
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas21 View Post
I have only done ca 37 laps on the Nordschleife in two visits so I am a real novice there, but I have done thousands of simulator laps so I knew where the track goes and had a line in my head on my first visit.

The track is simply unbelievable and is the most demanding track in the world and it takes many hundreds of laps before you know the track. To train in a simulator will cut down the learning curve by a lot, but it will of corse not give you the feeling for the track. It gave me a line and I knew the track by memory on my first real lap and that is good.

My laptime around 7.40 is quite a safe lap if you can say that on the Nordschleife and I am sure I can go much faster the next time, but due to saefty I dont think I will push much harder in the future. I think a laptime between 7.20 and 7.30 is possible to do without pushing to hard, but then I will need a lap with no traffic.
100% agree on simulator work - even something as simple as playing forza 7 helps ingrain the layout & to me makes a huge difference. Also helps keep it fresh in the mind between outings. I'm actually looking into a more "realistic" simulator right now.

The track is unbelievable - looks amazing. Your pace looks great & have no doubt you could push further. Definitely do not blame you for not doing so - looks like there can be a huge disparity in speeds among the traffic. Could be a major handful coming up on some of the slower traffic when pushing hard!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #165
Andreas21
Private First Class
Andreas21's Avatar
238
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 201BMW X5 2016 and 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
100% agree on simulator work - even something as simple as playing forza 7 helps ingrain the layout & to me makes a huge difference. Also helps keep it fresh in the mind between outings. I'm actually looking into a more "realistic" simulator right now.

The track is unbelievable - looks amazing. Your pace looks great & have no doubt you could push further. Definitely do not blame you for not doing so - looks like there can be a huge disparity in speeds among the traffic. Could be a major handful coming up on some of the slower traffic when pushing hard!
Yes, and the problem since the track is so long you can catch a lot of traffic during a lap. The best on a touristenfarten day is to start early at 08.00 if the track is open all day and do some laps, take some time off and relax and come back the last two hours or so to do some more. If you are lucky like I was on my youtube lap you will not see much traffic. Even if I only passed a handful of cars in that lap it still slowed me down around 5 seconds, my optimal lap was around 7.35 if I mix all my best sectors.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #166
OG Shark
duunnn dunnn...
OG Shark's Avatar
1156
Rep
1,167
Posts

Drives: Angry
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas21 View Post
Yes, and the problem since the track is so long you can catch a lot of traffic during a lap. The best on a touristenfarten day is to start early at 08.00 if the track is open all day and do some laps, take some time off and relax and come back the last two hours or so to do some more. If you are lucky like I was on my youtube lap you will not see much traffic. Even if I only passed a handful of cars in that lap it still slowed me down around 5 seconds, my optimal lap was around 7.35 if I mix all my best sectors.
Touristenfarten is basically open to anyone, right? Do they ever have any events still open to the public but cars run in classes? Time trials or anything like that?

I could guess the traffic could get quite interesting out there. Looks like you handle it very well. The feeling after putting in a good lap out there has got to be amazing.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #167
Andreas21
Private First Class
Andreas21's Avatar
238
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 201BMW X5 2016 and 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Touristenfarten is basically open to anyone, right? Do they ever have any events still open to the public but cars run in classes? Time trials or anything like that?

I could guess the traffic could get quite interesting out there. Looks like you handle it very well. The feeling after putting in a good lap out there has got to be amazing.
Terroristenfarten is open to anyone and there is no technical check or anything it is simply a toll road with free speed.

There are a lot of trackdays and though they are expensive you can get a lot of quality laps on a trackday and it is something I will do again in the future.

Traffic is interesting begause of the length of the track and also the differences in speed you can encounter when catching cars in front, you really need to be focused. There are also many many blind corners with surprices.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST