M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Camber plates

07-30-2020, 06:36 AM   #67
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
i have millway street on my m2 competition very happy with it so far. no noises at all
What are your alignment specs ?

I'm thinking if it would be worth swapping my Vorshlag for the Millway street to reduce nvh and noise..
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #68
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Just received these today.

https://www.millway.se/camber-plates...mpetition.html

I have absolutely no idea of how they should be installed and how long it will take.
They guys who are planning to install those for me, I am sure, have no experience with those as well ))

Any info on what should be taken into consideration?

PS: M2C at stock suspension.

Last edited by kart driver; 08-30-2020 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 03:26 PM   #69
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

I find myself wondering about the part number of this strut top...

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/obj/1VnZ8mMSU9
Attached Images

Last edited by M Fifty; 08-31-2020 at 03:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #70
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post

I have absolutely no idea of how they should be installed and how long it will take.
They guys who are planning to install those for me, I am sure, have no experience with those as well ))

Pretty straight forward install. The shop installed these in under an hour and a half. Here are the links for the manual and the torque sequence for the top bolts.

https://www.millway.se/pub/media/wys...67-web-eng.pdf

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #71
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcp View Post
Pretty straight forward install. The shop installed these in under an hour and a half. Here are the links for the manual and the torque sequence for the top bolts.

https://www.millway.se/pub/media/wys...67-web-eng.pdf

Thanks a lot!
Very useful info!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 07:00 AM   #72
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
i have millway street on my m2 competition very happy with it so far. no noises at all
+1 on Millway street. Much better than the uniballs I ran on E46. No increased NVH which was a shocker.

Note (especially if you're in EU) you can get them cheaper through Burkhart Engineering as they're in DE versus Millway directly (Sweden) due to the lower DE taxes right now. I am not affiliated with either..

https://burkhart-engineering.com/en/...ion-m3-m4-f8x/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 01:09 PM   #73
MagnusT
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I ran the original Millway top mounts for three years or so. Recently swapped to the street version. Massive reduction in road surface noise. My laptimes did not change whatsoever of course
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 02:46 PM   #74
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:

What camber should I adjust to using the above camber plates for race track use?

M2C, 245+265 cup 2 tires, stock suspension.

I ve seen many thoughts on this forum (2.8 front + 1.8 rear, 2.5 front + 2.0 rear, etc) but what is the most appropriate for the above specs on my car.

P.S. This is my wife’s car in fact, but given that I am limited to any travel now due to pandemic, there is only one “racetrack” available to have fun in the area where I live.
Any possibility to have fun with racing cars like cayman clubsport or 911 cup on European racetracks is closed for me now. So the only realistic option for me to have fun now is a road car being M2c.

The idea was that I will adjust to whatever camber is good for the racetrack so that the tires have even wear on the racetrack as I am planning to push the car pretty hard. And then when I return the car to my wife I will change the camber to what is comfortable for street driving.

Last edited by kart driver; 08-31-2020 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 03:04 PM   #75
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusT View Post
I ran the original Millway top mounts for three years or so. Recently swapped to the street version. Massive reduction in road surface noise. My laptimes did not change whatsoever of course
I have just realized that there are two versions of the camber plates for m2C:

1) https://www.millway.se/camber-plates...mpetition.html

2) https://www.millway.se/camber-plates...mw-m2c-m4.html

Second option is STREET. Reading your post I begin to think that I should have gone with this second option.
What is the difference in terms of real experience for these two?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 04:49 PM   #76
MagnusT
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
I have just realized that there are two versions of the camber plates for m2C:

1) https://www.millway.se/camber-plates...mpetition.html

2) https://www.millway.se/camber-plates...mw-m2c-m4.html

Second option is STREET. Reading your post I begin to think that I should have gone with this second option.
What is the difference in terms of real experience for these two?

In my opinion there is no point in anything but the street version. Way silent. And it really has NO downside on track in my opinion, not for either really fast experienced drivers or newcomers. There is no upside using the solid one in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 02:31 AM   #77
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
In my opinion there is no point in anything but the street version. Way silent. And it really has NO downside on track in my opinion, not for either really fast experienced drivers or newcomers. There is no upside using the solid one in my opinion.

Got it. Thank you. I will try to change it to the street version then.

Got in touch with Sameul from Millway.
Ordering the street version, in gold )))))

Last edited by kart driver; 09-01-2020 at 05:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 05:32 AM   #78
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Del

Last edited by kart driver; 09-01-2020 at 05:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 05:34 AM   #79
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What camber should I adjust to using the above camber plates for race track use?

I ve seen many thoughts on this forum (2.8 front + 1.8 rear, 2.5 front + 2.0 rear, etc) but what is the most appropriate for the above specs on my car.

P.S. This is my wife’s car in fact, but given that I am limited to any travel now due to pandemic, there is only one “racetrack” available to have fun in the area where I live.
Any possibility to have fun with racing cars like cayman clubsport or 911 cup on European racetracks is closed for me now. So the only realistic option for me to have fun now is a road car being M2c.

The idea was that I will adjust to whatever camber is good for the racetrack so that the tires have even wear on the racetrack as I am planning to push the car pretty hard. And then when I return the car to my wife I will change the camber to what is comfortable for street driving.

Any idea on the best camber angle?

2.8 front + 1.8 rear
2.5 front + 2.0 rear
or any other option?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 08:44 AM   #80
MagnusT
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Try to calculate how many kilometers you will drive on track the coming year. That will help to decide camber if your aim is decent tire wear rates.

If your aim is fastest corner speed on track and don't care about either wear or tire costs then that's another scenario :-D

What tires?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 08:56 AM   #81
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Try to calculate how many kilometers you will drive on track the coming year. That will help to decide camber if your aim is decent tire wear rates.

If your aim is fastest corner speed on track and don't care about either wear or tire costs then that's another scenario :-D

What tires?

I will take the car to run on a racetrack for the next 2 weeks. And then after it will see street driving only

So I need faster corner speed for the next 2 weeks and then I will either take the camber plates off or just leave those there but will adjust it to absolutely street camber.

The reality is I plan to take part in a local time attack competition with this car trying to show that M2C with appropriate driver can be faster than 718 Cayman GTSs and other old 911s with a power of up to 420 hp (this is the group I can compete with M2C).

I have two sets of cup2s. One set is for training purposes and the other set of tires I plan to use for the event.

I started to learn the racetrack on what was available, michelin super sport, and the tires were destroyed on the edges pretty fast. So putting the cup2s on now I want to make sure they last enough for the training sessions.

Last edited by kart driver; 09-01-2020 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 09:02 AM   #82
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Magnus did camber plates in general improve your lap times? On the fence whether I should get some on OEM susp. or hold out for some coilovers.
      09-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #83
MagnusT
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Magnus did camber plates in general improve your lap times? On the fence whether I should get some on OEM susp. or hold out for some coilovers.
Corner grip especially in the front is very dependent on camber. For racetrack ONLY I'd go up pretty high, at LEAST over 3,5 but I'd definitely try more to find out what's optimal for track only. I know some track only cars having over 4. Now this of course depends on if the tire you use benefits from this or not. And what the track layout is.

But you will probably have trouble setting the rears to more than 2. If lowered a lot in the rear you can probably get a bit more but then you mess with the roll center height which I found out myself can destroy track handling :-) So I had to raise it back a bit to get rake and heights to work better. Have had fantastic help from Öhlins. So without changing out parts in the rear to get a bit more camber there I don't know if you can get a good balance between front and rear.

But if you get lucky and say you get 2,2-2,3 in the rear you could go 3,5-3,7 in front and see how that works out.

And then choose toe in in the rear and toe out or in in the front to your liking and driving style.
Appreciate 2
Megator517.50
PLF693762.50
      09-02-2020, 03:04 AM   #84
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Any idea on the best camber angle?

2.8 front + 1.8 rear
2.5 front + 2.0 rear
or any other option?
???

Please help me
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 04:23 AM   #85
MagnusT
Captain
Sweden
Rep

For track ONLY on CUP2 or other semi slicks.

2,3 rear
3,7 front

This is optimized for speed not wear.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 04:33 AM   #86
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:

I started to learn the racetrack on what was available, michelin super sport, and the tires were destroyed on the edges pretty fast. So putting the cup2s on now I want to make sure they last enough for the training sessions.

Impressive/alarming - how long did it take? Also, what front toe settings are you running?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 06:47 AM   #87
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
For track ONLY on CUP2 or other semi slicks.

2,3 rear
3,7 front

This is optimized for speed not wear.

But I have ordered street version of Millway camber plates and OEM suspension.
And it says the following:

“The adjustment range is 24mm. That is approximatly -2,3 extra camber than OEM. So expect to reach around -3,2 degree of camber on max. (Max camber depends on suspension setup)”

https://www.millway.se/camber-plates...mw-m2c-m4.html

So what is the maximum I can do with the above? -2.3 front? Or -3.2 front?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 06:50 AM   #88
kart driver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Impressive/alarming - how long did it take? Also, what front toe settings are you running?
OEM everything.

The racetrack has very poor quality of pavement.
Second - I think the sensors showed the tire temperature being around 85-90 degrees Celcius.
Third - I pushed the car pretty hard in the corners.
Appreciate 0