10-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #23
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
Good luck tracking one down over there,looking forward to seeing more pics if you find one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson6594 View Post
Bring some MG paint with you and throw it on one first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Yes take pics and post them.

Better yet bring a tent and camp out and wait till someone starts it and leaves. I want to hear the cold start sound! I'm Serious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
Thank you. Perhaps some video? Also more pics of the surrounding cars so we get a better idea of the relative size of the M2. Again, THANK YOU!!!
Good news, guys! It was there!!!!!

I've got a TON of pics, some taken with a Nikon D3100, some with my cell. It was parked next to an X5 and next to that, an i8!

As requested I also took a video which captures all angles of the cars. I have shots of the flares, bumper, diffuser, everything.

It will all be up soon.

Soon.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2015, 05:39 PM   #24
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post

I've got a TON of pics, some taken with a Nikon D3100, some with my cell. It was parked next to an X5 and next to that, an i8!

As requested I also took a video which captures all angles of the cars. I have shots of the flares, bumper, diffuser, everything.

It will all be up soon.

You must be so excited to finally have seen the M2 in person.Its great that BMWNA has a parking area that anyone can drive into and look at cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #25
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:

It will all be up soon.

How does it look in person? Different from the photos??
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #26
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanu31 View Post
hmmm
Maybe Richmondhill head office might be a good place to hunt in Toronto
Pm me if u see it there. I'm in the west end but gladly make the drive to see it.
Would be nice to see in person before ordering.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #27
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Quote:

It will all be up soon.

You. Are. Awesome.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #28
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
You must be so excited to finally have seen the M2 in person.Its great that BMWNA has a parking area that anyone can drive into and look at cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
How does it look in person? Different from the photos??
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
You. Are. Awesome.
Nantucket, you don't even know what happened. I went to BMW NA main building, and went to the parking lot. There were a TON of new 7 series. But... no M2. I went to the parking structure, all levels... no M2. Saw a guy walk out of the building, and told him the whole situation, and he said "Oh, well I know there were some fleet cars moved recently, I'm not sure if it was part of that fleet. I don't know where they went'"

I was about to leave, when I pulled up my phone and looked at the pics in this thread... realized the buildings next to the parking lot in the image was slightly different... then I realized there's a separate BMW NA building for 'deliveries'.

I drove over there, and noticed, that everything started looking familiar... the white stairs in the image, I could see them! Still no M2 yet... then the very last section, BAM, the BMW M2!!!!

NO JOKE, my heart rate rose to the moon.

Anyways, it took me an hour and a half to get there, and an hour and a half to get back... so I'm kind of burnt. The pictures are very high quality (20 Megapixels) and unfortunately, they're taking FOREVVVVER to upload to Imgur. I don't know why. I have really fast internet, but I don't know what the deal is.

I have about 70 pictures, and a video., so this is just a brief sample while the rest upload. The rest will have to wait till tomorrow

I am really sorry, but I'm beat. Like I'm falling asleep right now.

If I were to say one thing quick: The rear end is CLEAN as hell. It is not as aggressive as the front. But what the pictures cannot capture is how 'pure' the design is. Very well done.

Front, well... the front is mean. Very mean.

Cheers guys. Once again I'm sorry that the other pics have to wait. I'm going to start uploading them now so they'll be ready in the morning.

Oh, and also: I SAW the color change. I got there at 5:30, stayed till 6:15. I'm telling you, the darker it got, the more reserved the color got. It's very weird. I think the sunlight brings out the green more. Could this be because sunlight naturally has a slight yellowish tint, which mixes with the light blue color, to bring out a green? That's what I think is happening after looking at the color up close. Not sure.

I will upload a video later that PERFECTLY got the color. I don't know how. But It looked exactly the same on my screen as it did to my eyes. Anyways, they'll all be up in the morning when they're done uploading.

Someone asked me in a comment I forgot to quote: 'so are you in the LBB club now?'

After seeing this car in person (and I'm someone who normally likes more reserved colors): There's a pretty good chance the answer to that is yes. It was phenomenal.

Here is a couple quickies:

Alex

Soon.

Last edited by Adem1534; 10-23-2015 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 11
      10-23-2015, 08:02 PM   #29
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep

Adem1534 Your work deserves its own thread. Thanks for the effort!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #30
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

u lucky bastard
      10-23-2015, 09:03 PM   #31
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Well done,great looking pics.No wonder your tired.An hour and a half drive both ways,at the end of the day,in rush hour traffic.At least it paid off and you saw the M2.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #32
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Oh, and also: I SAW the color change. I got there at 5:30, stayed till 6:15. I'm telling you, the darker it got, the more reserved the color got. It's very weird. I think the sunlight brings out the green more. Could this be because sunlight naturally has a slight yellowish tint, which mixes with the light blue color, to bring out a green? That's what I think is happening after looking at the color up close. Not sure.

I will upload a video later that PERFECTLY got the color. I don't know how. But It looked exactly the same on my screen as it did to my eyes. Anyways, they'll all be up in the morning when they're done uploading.

Someone asked me in a comment I forgot to quote: 'so are you in the LBB club now?'

After seeing this car in person (and I'm someone who normally likes more reserved colors): There's a pretty good chance the answer to that is yes. It was phenomenal.

Here is a couple quickies:

Alex
Very nice work thank you for the effort alex!

I thought the bolded sentence is exactly what happens with LBB.
That confirms my theory having never seen it in person.

In that production picture, under the florescent lighting, it doesn't have that green reflection because the color temp is higher than sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 10:07 PM   #33
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Thanks for posting. In these pictures you start to see the teal or turquoise come through
      10-23-2015, 11:01 PM   #34
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

The picture that Adem1534 took looking down at the rear fender....wow!
Appreciate 2
      10-23-2015, 11:22 PM   #35
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

I'm going tomorrow, hopefully. Gotta see this bad mother in person. I'm not in the LBB camp, so I'll try to give you guys my assessment and see if it can change my mind.
Appreciate 2
      10-24-2015, 08:43 AM   #36
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep

Waiting for the rest of Adem1534's pics like:

Appreciate 2