BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > What did you do to your M2 today?

10-24-2020, 10:06 AM   #6733
J4YSEPHINE
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

LBB LCI Noobie Onboard

Hey Ladies and Gents,

So I've had my M2 LCI in LBB for almost a month now, since switching from an RS3 which is my mum's 'hand-me-down' I'm absolutely loving the change, despite the similarities in power, its more fun to drive...

Mod wise, I've been a little timid and sticking to more cosmetics over power increases though I have looked at dropping the height with some Eibach's, insurance increase is only a tenner more so maybe a 2021 project, currently I changed the chrome front grills to gloss black which I feel should have been the way it should have come from the factory, also swapped the side fenders for the carbon look for a more aggressive look up close.

I did get one of these Road Angel Pure detectors this week, got a deal for £150 including a years subscription, hoping to keep my licence clean for the foreseable future lol

PS - Excuse the poor photo quality
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #6734
imolam3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 Imola M3, 2017 AW M2 PE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
Started installing the Carbon Fiber Strut Brace but maybe ran into a problem. Posted this question the the "BMW M3/M4 F8X Carbon Fiber Strut Mod on the BMW M2" thread but it's been a couple of days so I thought I'd repost it here.

After putting the alloy brace into position, I installed all the bolts, everything lined up perfectly however, the brace is sitting about 6 mm off the mounting point/holes for the two bolts at the bulkhead/firewall under the center of the windshield. The alloy brace is resting flat on the hard plastic piece that covers the foam over the back of the engine. In the pics below, the bolts are just finger tight; I'm sure torqueing the bolts down will pull the brace down but that is going to put a lot of pressure on the plastic part underneath.

Everything else is perfectly in position so I'm just wondering if everyone installing this brace starts out with this 5~6 mm gap?
Put spacer underneath?
2017 Alpine White M2 Performance Edition
Appreciate 1
dtmurf477.00
      10-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #6735
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolam3 View Post
Put spacer underneath?
Ya, that is the way I'm leaning. Slightly concerned that the plastic windshield cowl will not sit properly but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I've gone over everything a couple of times and can't find a problem but if this was a normal part of this retrofit, you'd think it would have been mentioned before now...

Anyway, I'd like it to be one spacer (per side/bolt) so if I can't find a washer thick enough, I'll have to make something. It will have to wait until Monday now.
      10-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #6736
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4YSEPHINE View Post
Hey Ladies and Gents,

So I've had my M2 LCI in LBB for almost a month now, since switching from an RS3 which is my mum's 'hand-me-down' I'm absolutely loving the change, despite the similarities in power, its more fun to drive...

Mod wise, I've been a little timid and sticking to more cosmetics over power increases though I have looked at dropping the height with some Eibach's, insurance increase is only a tenner more so maybe a 2021 project, currently I changed the chrome front grills to gloss black which I feel should have been the way it should have come from the factory, also swapped the side fenders for the carbon look for a more aggressive look up close.

I did get one of these Road Angel Pure detectors this week, got a deal for £150 including a years subscription, hoping to keep my licence clean for the foreseable future lol

Welcome! Seems that quite a few people going from RS3 to M2 having the same sentiment. The ole RWD vs AWD dynamics still holds true.

Not from the UK so excuse my ignorance, did I read that right? Your insurance increases if you put on springs?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:15 PM   #6737
J4YSEPHINE
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbym View Post
Quote:
Hey Ladies and Gents,

Welcome! Seems that quite a few people going from RS3 to M2 having the same sentiment. The ole RWD vs AWD dynamics still holds true.

Not from the UK so excuse my ignorance, did I read that right? Your insurance increases if you put on springs?
Our insurance companies here in the UK have such a strict policy and factors, so anything for example that increases the chances of an accident such as by making more powerful or more desirable to theft, your premium goes up, I'm guessing the factor with lowering suspension means the car handles slightly better which means a driver might push the car harder and faster therefore more risk... I know things such as updating the ECU tends to raise the premium by the performance increase, so a 10% increase in BHP raises your insurance premium by the same percentage, strangely I was considering a dash cam and that slightly lowers the insurance, guess that is similar to a tracking device...

Where are you based mate ?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:34 PM   #6738
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Our insurance companies here in the UK have such a strict policy and factors, so anything for example that increases the chances of an accident such as by making more powerful or more desirable to theft, your premium goes up, I'm guessing the factor with lowering suspension means the car handles slightly better which means a driver might push the car harder and faster therefore more risk... I know things such as updating the ECU tends to raise the premium by the performance increase, so a 10% increase in BHP raises your insurance premium by the same percentage, strangely I was considering a dash cam and that slightly lowers the insurance, guess that is similar to a tracking device...

Where are you based mate ?
In Los Angeles right now. But man that's crazy... To think we here in the States just do what we want with our cars without any repercussion, at least insurance wise
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 02:29 PM   #6739
MONSTAR
#gotboost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I dont see why you would have to report to the insurance company that you've made any changes to your car. In the US, you typically have an option for additional insurance coverage for modifications and that would increase your premium cost but its entirely optional.

2013 F30 328i (12/2015 - 09/2020) SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #6740
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTAR View Post
I dont see why you would have to report to the insurance company that you've made any changes to your car. In the US, you typically have an option for additional insurance coverage for modifications and that would increase your premium cost but its entirely optional.
you'd have to if the insurance company stipulates it in the terms. If they find out you made modifications they wouldn't cover you if you made a claim. Big risk for the UK folks to take.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #6741
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosfry View Post
Added alcantara armrest, gauge cluster and extended knee pads to both sides. Driving feels a lot better as I'm constantly in contact with all the nicer materials now. Just feels like a nicer car to drive and be in. Especially with all the interior mods combined. Should have been stock. I was never blown away with the stock base interior. Think I'll do the subs next to go with the Etons I already replaced.
What do you think of the etons? Just picked up a pair myself but have yet to install it. What sub do you plan on going with?
      10-25-2020, 08:30 PM   #6742
WOT Bimmer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT Bimmer View Post
Admittedly, I have been blowing through several minor changes and having too much fun. I'll probably break for winter now. The mod bug is a hard one to fight off.

As VisualEcho said, it's an eBay CS replica. It was really the perfect scenario because I typically don't like eBay stuff - just too many issues. However, I wasn't interested in spending $1000+ for the OEM. This one was super cheap, and the looks are spot on for me. Definitely don't want to put cheap parts on a nice car, but this replica fit the bill perfectly. The weave also matched the Autotecknic mirror caps and diffuser perfectly.
Great choice! I'm looking to get a spoiler just like yours but there seem to be too many to choose from on eBay. Mind sharing which one you bought exactly or from which particular seller? Did you have any issues with installation or fitment as well?
Just replied to your PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #6743
MikeM2UK
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C 2019

Fitted a pair of Kumho PS91 295/30/19 to rear today, looks great and drives nice, also notice the road noise is a lot less than the Continentals that were fitted.
The tyre fitter was moaning all the time as he struggled to get them fitted. ��
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 01:52 PM   #6744
dv-s
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 Xdrive30d

Installed ///M-performance exhaust and loved it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
nelsdvn229.00
Poochie9099.00
      10-27-2020, 03:49 AM   #6745
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv-s View Post
Very nice! I'm looking to get an mpe when one is available second hand here in Australia!

Do you get any drone with the exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 04:33 AM   #6746
dv-s
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
Very nice! I'm looking to get an mpe when one is available second hand here in Australia!

Mine is second hand too. Second hand exhaust with second hand original exhaust tips and everything electrical is new. No drone at all. Just a little rattle at startup, but after 10 seconds it's gone. The sound is louder and otthers than before. i coded active sound design out wich is much better at the highway. The MPE is second generation.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2020, 05:11 AM   #6747
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Mine is second hand too. Second hand exhaust with second hand original exhaust tips and everything electrical is new. No drone at all. Just a little rattle at startup, but after 10 seconds it's gone. The sound is louder and otthers than before. i coded active sound design out wich is much better at the highway. The MPE is second generation.
Very nice - enjoying the exhaust? Not too loud for longer highway drives?

Was there much difference leaving asd on with the MPE?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 07:22 AM   #6748
dv-s
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

I coded ASD out it the same time of installing the MPE so i do'nt know how it is with MPE + ASD. I did a short highway drive and what i know is that it is much better without ASD. I like to hear the engine and exhaust. MPE + ASD delete looks like a nice combo to me.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2020, 07:47 AM   #6749
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Tips look a bit low, no? I would try some tighter fitting exhaust hangars:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=6535

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2020, 09:58 PM   #6750
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G87

Remus race axleback and AA midpipe (UEL) installed today on my M2C. I must say I hated the S55 at first, but damn it sounds so good now

Sound clip (click)

Last edited by rcouchh; 10-28-2020 at 10:39 PM..
Appreciate 2
AndrewC198910903.50
      10-28-2020, 10:34 PM   #6751
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I coded ASD out it the same time of installing the MPE so i do'nt know how it is with MPE + ASD. I did a short highway drive and what i know is that it is much better without ASD. I like to hear the engine and exhaust. MPE + ASD delete looks like a nice combo to me.
Cools good stuff. On a rough estimate how much as a percentage do you find the MPE is louder than stock?

I know there various modes maybe I'll start the question with comfort-stock vs comfort-mpe sport mode vs comfort-mpe track?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 12:56 AM   #6752
dv-s
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Cools good stuff. On a rough estimate how much as a percentage do you find the MPE is louder than stock?

I know there various modes maybe I'll start the question with comfort-stock vs comfort-mpe sport mode vs comfort-mpe track?
Not easy to say...
If comfort-stock is 100%, than comfort-MPE sport = 110% but different sound.
Comfort MPE track mode = 125%.
If sport+ - stock is 100%, than Sport+ - MPE track mode = 135% with more pops and bangs.
Appreciate 2
      10-29-2020, 05:47 AM   #6753
TrailsEdge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

curb rash repair underway

Just brutal. Thankful for easy/quick access to first rate wheel shop here in ATL. This happened 3 days after I converted to full screen carplay (thanks to Kubax86) and was my first curb rash in years. Not saying the two events are connected but...
Attached Images

10-29-2020, 07:53 AM   #6754
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailsEdge View Post
Just brutal.