BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Kw has kit, disappointed with height adjustment

10-26-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
lp16
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 lbb m2

Kw has kit, disappointed with height adjustment

Hey all - I've had the kw has kit for a few months now and love the ride quality, but was a bit disappointed in the height range it offers, as I am fully maxed out low on the adjustment. The rear sits nicely and is pretty much where I want it, however the front still has about a 1 finger gap. I followed the instructions when installing so think this is just how it is supposed to sit. Is there anything I can do to gain any more adjustability? I recall seeing a shorter spring option at some point but can't seem to find any more info about that now. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
FrozenGT1116.50
      10-26-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
Caduceus
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 (sold), 2017 M2

Are they 19 or 20 inch wheels? Hard to tell from the photo. They look good.

I'm surprised the front won't go lower. KW V3s certainly will but the HAS kit must have less adjustability.

You're already running a compromised spring/damper combination by using the HAS kit with OEM dampers. If you put a shorter/harder spring in place, this will only get worse. Then you'll be back here in a few months complaining of poor ride after the shocks are rooted and asking for coil over suggestions. Maybe ditch the HAS kit and buy proper height adjustable coil overs with matching dampers? Many people have been through this process on here and the result is usually the same.

PS. I think the ride height looks good. But if you prefer stance over suspension travel/grip//performance, carry on. Good luck whatever you decide.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 05:03 PM   #3
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

I ran into the same issue with Dinan HAS. Fortunately the front sits where I wanted but if I wanted to go lower I wouldn't be able to.
Appreciate 0