BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > FOR SALE: 2020 BMW M2C w/ $8K Unique Upgrades

11-13-2023, 09:40 PM   #1
Nasinu
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
FOR SALE: 2020 BMW M2C w/ $8K Unique Upgrades

The F87 BMW M2 Competition is a fantastic sports car, combining the performance of a true M engine with the nimble, tossable chassis of the highly capable M2C. This M2 Competition touts the desirable 6-speed manual transmission, and it features some nice equipment like the Executive Package, a set of 19-inch Style 788M wheels, heated M Sport seats, a power sunroof, and a Harman/Kardon sound system. It's also finished in gorgeous Black Sapphire Metallic, and it features some great upgrades including a BMW Performance Steering Wheel and Carbon Fiber exterior trim. Plus, this M2 Competition comes with a clean, accident-free Carfax report showing in dry-climate Utah since new, for added buyer confidence.

Mileage: 16,160
VIN:WBS2U7C07L7E44629
Title Status: Clean (UT)
Transmission: Manual (6-Speed)
Exterior Color: Black Sapphire Metallic
Interior Color: Black w/ Blue M Stitching

Highlights
This... is a 2020 BMW M2 Competition, finished in Black Sapphire Metallic with a black interior.
• The attached Carfax history report indicates no accidents or mileage discrepancies in this M2's past;
• The factory equipment includes the Executive Package, 19-inch Style 788M wheels, a power sunroof, heated and power-adjustable front M Sport seats, Dakota leather upholstery with blue M stitching, carbon fiber interior trim, a Harman/Kardon sound system, and $8K of desirable BMW additions as detailed below.
• BMW introduced the F87 M2 for the 2016 model year as a high-performance evolution of the F22-generation 2 Series. Developed to replace the vaunted 1 Series M Coupe, it was celebrated as one of BMW M's greatest modern hits. It stood out from the standard 2 Series thanks to a more powerful engine, a revised chassis, an M-specific suspension system with aluminum components, and a more muscular-looking exterior design. It was the last M2 to be manufactured in Germany; as the latest generation G87 is now assembled in Mexico; the Mexi2.
• BMW released the more hardcore Competition evolution of the M2 for 2019 with a more powerful engine and performance parts borrowed from the bigger M3/M4 duo. It notably received the M4 Competition's cooling system and a carbon fiber strut brace.
• Power comes from a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-6, rated at 405 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque. Output is sent to the rear wheels via a 6-speed manual transmission.

Equipment
A partial list of notable equipment includes:
• Executive Package (heated steering wheel, adaptive full LED headlights, automatic high beams, wireless charging, WiFi hotspot)
• 19-inch Style 788M wheels
• Power sunroof
• Dakota leather upholstery with M-Blue Stitching
• Heated and power-adjustable front M Sport seats
• Carbon fiber interior trim
• Dual-zone automatic climate control
• Park Distance Control (PDC)
• Comfort Access keyless entry
• Navigation system
• Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, & Amazon Alexa compatibility
• Harman/Kardon sound system

Modifications
• Ceramic Tinted Windows
• PPF (Leading Edge)
• BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Door Sills
• BMW M Performance Steering Wheel Pro
• BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber and Alcantara Interior Equipment Kit (Pro gearshift and handbrake)
• BMW M Performance Stainless Steel Pedal Covers
• BMW M Performance Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Winglets
• BMW M2 CS Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler - F87
• AutoTecknic Carbon Fiber Headlight Covers
• WeatherTec Cargo/Trunk Liner (with custom BMW M Performance Logo)
• Floating Center Hub Caps

Known Flaws
• Minor windshield rock chips professionally filled.
• Paint damage underneath the front bumper
• Some minor adhesive showing wing installation; right side

Recent Service History
The attached Carfax history report shows that the following services have been performed:
• November 2023 (19,133 miles): Engine oil and filter changed
• July 2023 (18,745 miles): Michelin Pilot Sport 4s Tires Installed

Other Items Included in Sale
• 2 keys
• WeatherTec Cargo/Trunk Liner (with custom BMW M Performance Logo)

Ownership History
The seller purchased this M2C in June 2021 with about 15,833 miles on it. The owner has added 3,309 Miles since ownership with the odometer sitting at about 19,160 miles; well below the industry average.

CarFax
• 07/27/2020 Damage Reported. This report has been disputed as nobody can tell me who reported the damage or what damage was reported. I know the 1st owner of this M2C personally and have included a text string of us discussing this situation. I assure you this car has never been in an accident, nor has it been to a body shop for repair. We believe that it should have been reported to a similar ViN and was added by mistake by CarFax. Of course, I’ve contested this, and they require proof before they are willing to change anything. How can you prove something with nothing? There wasn’t even an insurance claim to replace the windshield. Please see text conversation between the current owner and the previous owner. CarFax Case # 15344521. See text conversation in pictures.

Why Sell It
I've grappled with the decision to part with this remarkable sports car, a realization of a lifelong dream to own and drive a genuine BMW M Car. While parting with this car wasn't my initial intention, my wife's adverse reaction to a medical treatment reshaped our priorities. Her well-being and that of our family have taken precedence, leading to minimal usage and carefully maintained low miles. I've consistently stored the car in a garage, mounted on performance/summer tires, ensuring its pristine condition even during winter on a trickle charger.

This M2 Competition has been a joy, meticulously cared for, and has never been subjected to anything less than a gentle touch with a microfiber towel during washes. Impressions from fellow enthusiasts speak volumes, with one declaring, "I don’t get jealous of cars very often, but this one does it." It's not just a sports car; it's a driving experience. This F87 M2C draws comparisons to the iconic E46 M3, featuring similar dimensions, near 50:50 weight distribution, and a modern twist of tossable fun.

Originally, I envisioned long-term ownership of this car, as the last M2 crafted in Germany before production of the G87 shifted to Mexico. Its collectible potential is undeniable, especially with the added BMW dealer-installed extras. However, family priorities have evolved, placing my wife's health at the forefront. This decision, while bittersweet, reflects my commitment to what matters most.

This is a true sports car, and to eliminate those who just want to take it out for a joy ride, I will require all serious inquiries to provide a $1000 security deposit (equal to my insurance deductible) to go toward the purchase of the vehicle, before any test drives. I will also take serious inquiries for a ride as well.

ASKING $57,795 OBO
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 06:17 AM   #2
captain slowly
I like turtles!
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

did you have ChatGPT write this for you? I'd put it where it belongs, the classifieds. In this forum its just spam.
Appreciate 2
Brandt51889.00
      11-14-2023, 08:23 AM   #3
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain slowly View Post
did you have ChatGPT write this for you? I'd put it where it belongs, the classifieds. In this forum its just spam.

Haha. I thought something like this too, but it’s such a nice car and seems like a decent deal.

That description oozes a greasy used car salesman AI robot vibe. Probably cat calls other AIs and got a bunch of sexual harassment complaints.
2020 F87 M2 Comp
Appreciate 3
      11-15-2023, 05:17 AM   #4
captain slowly
I like turtles!
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt51 View Post
Haha. I thought something like this too, but it’s such a nice car and seems like a decent deal.

That description oozes a greasy used car salesman AI robot vibe. Probably cat calls other AIs and got a bunch of sexual harassment complaints.
I don't know.. its a 2020 with a bad carfax. 2021s are selling for less, but I do wish him luck and where are the moderators to move this to where it belongs?
Appreciate 1