Rep
Drives: 2017 Big Turbo BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneguags View Post
that's funny you bring up being 19 again. I'm literally 20 right now as we speak and I do 100% agree with you that it's a blast driving. I never get sick of sitting in the M2. it is my morning coffee when getting ready for school haha. thinking about what you said, I think it's best I still with the enjoyment of the M2 for a bit longer. I been owning the car for just over a year but barely have put milage on it due to nonstop modifications and maintenance. I haven't truly got to enjoy the car to be honest and have been waiting nearly 3 months to get the PI tune dialed in. the wait has been killing me
as far as life and cars go, it's only gonna go downhill from here
yea you're not wrong. Bugatti and Lamborghini done making their legendary engines and now other companies are doing the same. AMG V8 are gone, and other car brands will slowly convert to all electric I'm trying to enjoy the gas powered cars while I can
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 09:03 PM   #24
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
the OG will accelerate faster from stoplight, I can give little pushes on the accelerator and listen to the cool engine and turbo noises and have a good laugh with my passengers, without breaking the speed limit.

it literally will make you feel like you are a 19 yr old again. wont get that with the more 'refined' m2c, m2cs
Yeah, it's not faster from a stoplight though. It's also barely slower until after 60 mph, which means you get all of an extra half second of laughing with your passengers before you are breaking the speed limit.

About the only point you made that I agree with is that it sounds better. Again, that's from the outside mostly, because in both cars, stock exhausts, most of what you hear is ASD since they are very quiet otherwise.

If your criteria is a cool sports car that can make fun noises, I'd be looking at a roadster of some kind or older Corvette anyway.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2022, 12:58 PM   #25
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Yeah, it's not faster from a stoplight though. It's also barely slower until after 60 mph, which means you get all of an extra half second of laughing with your passengers before you are breaking the speed limit.

About the only point you made that I agree with is that it sounds better. Again, that's from the outside mostly, because in both cars, stock exhausts, most of what you hear is ASD since they are very quiet otherwise.

If your criteria is a cool sports car that can make fun noises, I'd be looking at a roadster of some kind or older Corvette anyway.
You get to feel more torque in the lower rev range in OG, which adds to the laughs and fun with passengers you mention condescendingly

I'd rather be driving a car more connected to the road than insulated from the road "cruiser'

ironically the higher up you go in M2 versions, the more comfortable they are to drive on the road as a DD. which is the opposite of what a 'competition' or 'CS' is supposed to be about

I know it goes against the M division pamphlets and Instagram blurbs, but the M2 N55 is the real sports car in the bunch
Appreciate 2
shaneguags1170.00
///M TOWN15930.50
      08-04-2022, 01:50 PM   #26
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'd rather be driving a car more connected to the road than insulated from the road "cruiser'

ironically the higher up you go in M2 versions, the more comfortable they are to drive on the road as a DD. which is the opposite of what a 'competition' or 'CS' is supposed to be about

I know it goes against the M division pamphlets and Instagram blurbs, but the M2 N55 is the real sports car in the bunch
Having driven both, I think you're completely wrong. S55 is a much sportier engine and the comp feels more connected. The steering is improved and the car feels less bouncy. Code the steering and add coilovers and it's different, but stock for stock that's what it is.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN15930.50
      08-04-2022, 03:40 PM   #27
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Quote:

You get to feel more torque in the lower rev range in OG, which adds to the laughs and fun with passengers you mention condescendingly

A comfortable ride meaning the car can't handle is old thinking. Modern day suspension tuning means you can have both. And I've never heard of the CS being called a road cruiser, that opinion is out in left field.
Appreciate 2
chris7197325.50
///M TOWN15930.50
      08-06-2022, 03:52 PM   #28
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
A comfortable ride meaning the car can't handle is old thinking. Modern day suspension tuning means you can have both. And I've never heard of the CS being called a road cruiser, that opinion is out in left field.
the OG is lighter on its feet, weighs less, has easier turn in, this makes for more all around balanced car and fun sports car

you can lookup many reviews from non 'car journalists' youtube types , real world owners give their takes , the CS is very refined and all the bells and whistles, with the adaptive suspension it makes for very comfortable car, which is good thing,
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 01:37 PM   #29
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
the OG is lighter on its feet, weighs less, has easier turn in, this makes for more all around balanced car and fun sports car

you can lookup many reviews from non 'car journalists' youtube types , real world owners give their takes , the CS is very refined and all the bells and whistles, with the adaptive suspension it makes for very comfortable car, which is good thing,
No, it is barely more comfortable. The EDC settings don't do a whole lot. What it is, is slightly less bouncy and crashy than the poorly tuned OG setup. It is much more "balanced", than the OG which is an even more sideways car.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN15930.50
      08-08-2022, 01:20 PM   #30
AngelsofVerdun
Rep
Drives: A90 Supra

Hey, everyone. I am sorry to necro this thread, but I am looking to swap my Auto '20 Supra for a M2C w/ manual (strictly due to looks and the manual).

I have developed plenty of gripes about my A90 throughout my time of ownership. Some of those include the following:
-Creaking/rattling of door panels and general locations in the car (it's quite offensive on my specific car).
-Lack of manual transmission
-The audience my Supra attracts
-The fake vents are strange
-Serious lack of space, it's a cramped car ( I understood this when buying, but it has been a pain more times than anticipated).

Obviously, some of these issues won't be present on the M2C. However, is the interior quality in the M2C any better than the Supra? Will I still battle with tons of random rattles/creaks? How is the manual in the M2C?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 07:51 PM   #31
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsofVerdun View Post
Obviously, some of these issues won't be present on the M2C. However, is the interior quality in the M2C any better than the Supra? Will I still battle with tons of random rattles/creaks? How is the manual in the M2C?
I have owned both M2C (built July '18) and now CS. Not a single interior rattle in either.
Appreciate 2
chris7197325.50
///M TOWN15930.50
      08-08-2022, 09:09 PM   #32
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

My M2C feels more solid than my F80 when it comes to interiors. While the materials are a downgrade, and may be to the Supra as well, it's a very sturdy interior. Might even be more sturdy than my F97.
Appreciate 1
chris7197325.50
      08-08-2022, 11:41 PM   #33
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
I haven't had creaks either on my OG. the seats on the M2C are just as nice as the Supra's. I would say the M2C's interior is nicer that's just my opinion.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN15930.50
      08-09-2022, 08:07 PM   #34
chris719
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I haven't had creaks either on my OG. the seats on the M2C are just as nice as the Supra's. I would say the M2C's interior is nicer that's just my opinion.
The materials in a lot of spots are pretty horrible on the F22/F87. Also, the sun visors are sad, there is no "grab handle" front or rear, and the coat hook in the back is terrible. Not sure how much of that also applies to the Supra, but they are issues with F87 that don't exist with F80.
Appreciate 2
wassy497.50
///M TOWN15930.50
      08-09-2022, 09:58 PM   #35
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quote:
The materials in a lot of spots are pretty horrible on the F22/F87. Also, the sun visors are sad, there is no "grab handle" front or rear, and the coat hook in the back is terrible. Not sure how much of that also applies to the Supra, but they are issues with F87 that don't exist with F80.
I mean I never had a problem with it. I find it quite nice, just a tad boring. I came from a 2018 Audi S3, and imo the interior was way nicer than my current OG M2. the M2 interior is simple though which I like. I don't like when too much is going on.
Appreciate 2
chris7197325.50
///M TOWN15930.50
      09-24-2022, 05:02 PM   #36
Leaveatrail86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
been thinking about the Supra lately and honestly started to fall more in love with how it looks. however, when comparing it to the N55 M2, many have told me it would be considered a downgrade for me. currently I have a 660whp OG M2 which is definitely more special than your typical stock M2, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about building another car since I'm pretty satisfied with what I have. when comparing the two cars, I feel like the M2's N55 sound, handling, and transmission wins but the Supra's looks and power potential wins. I'm curious to hear what everyone else's opinions are when comparing the two !
660rwhp og m2?!

Mods, please!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 08:20 AM   #37
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaveatrail86 View Post
Quote:
been thinking about the Supra lately and honestly started to fall more in love with how it looks. however, when comparing it to the N55 M2, many have told me it would be considered a downgrade for me. currently I have a 660whp OG M2 which is definitely more special than your typical stock M2, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about building another car since I'm pretty satisfied with what I have. when comparing the two cars, I feel like the M2's N55 sound, handling, and transmission wins but the Supra's looks and power potential wins. I'm curious to hear what everyone else's opinions are when comparing the two !
660rwhp og m2?!

Mods, please!
Performance :

- Speedtech N55 stage 3 EFR turbo kit
(0.92 A/R T4 Internal Wastegate Twin Scroll BorgWarner EFR 8374 Turbo, cast exhaust manifold, Tig welded 3" stainless steel catless downpipe, RH engine mount support bracket, waterpump mount bracket
stainless steel coolant feed line and fittings, braided stainless oil feed line and billet aluminum block fittings, aluminum turbo inlet pipe, silicone turbo outlet pipe, silicone couplers, EWG bracket and linkage, require fasteners and hose clamps, V-band clamp)

- MAMBA external dual port bypass diverter valve

- Thermal Zero 3" black downpipe blanket

- Funk Motorsport carbon exhaust manifold blanket

- Funk Motorsport carbon BorgWarner 8374 internal wastegate turbo blanket

- Eventuri blue kevlar carbon fiber N55 V1 intake

- Wagner Tuning competition evo III intercooler kit with boost and charge pipe

- CSF race line oil cooler

- FTP Motorsport N55 oil catch tank

- Dorch Engineering N55 stage 2 high pressure fuel pump

- Precision Raceworks N55 stage 3 low pressure fuel pumps (dual Walbro 450)

- BootMod3 stage 2+ tune license + Subpar Tuning custom map files

- FI Exhaust valvetronic catback system + quad titanium blue tips + FI Exhaust pro remote kit

- Motiv Motorsport Re|Flex ECU box + plug-n-play ethanol harness + pressure sensor

- Burger Motorsports Phoenix Racing N55 port injection intake manifold with 750cc injectors

- Ethanol content sensor

- F-series upgraded fuel line

Burger Motorsports anodized blue N55 billet - BMW oil filter cap

- Burger Motorsports blue N55 oil cooler valve

- Burger Motorsports blue N55 billet oil thermostat lid

- Burger Motorsports blue N55 billet oil thermostat caps

Drivetrain :

034Motorsport BMW M2 street density line transmission mounts
Appreciate 2
      09-27-2022, 01:29 PM   #38
Steelguin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HHS/DCT

if you're under 18 id get the Supra. To me it looks like a teenager Pep boys special.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN15930.50
      09-27-2022, 07:34 PM   #39
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelguin View Post
if you're under 18 id get the Supra. To me it looks like a teenager Pep boys special.
currently 20, turning 21 in December haha
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN15930.50
      10-23-2022, 03:30 PM   #40
alan7467
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Sketchers

I just test drove a Supra for the first time this week and found the experience disconnected and a bit boring (no offense meant towards current owners or fans). It reminded me quite a lot of the G42 M240 I drove in February. That car too felt like driving a video game to me.

Now I'm very keen on driving some M2's since it's been years since I've taken the time to. I don't remember the M2C feeling so disconnected, but perhaps I'm remembering with rose colored glasses.

I will say this though, the Supras ride quality was fantastic considering the wheel base and wheel and tire setup.
      10-23-2022, 06:53 PM   #41
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
I just test drove a Supra for the first time this week and found the experience disconnected and a bit boring (no offense meant towards current owners or fans). It reminded me quite a lot of the G42 M240 I drove in February. That car too felt like driving a video game to me.

Now I'm very keen on driving some M2's since it's been years since I've taken the time to. I don't remember the M2C feeling so disconnected, but perhaps I'm remembering with rose colored glasses.

I will say this though, the Supras ride quality was fantastic considering the wheel base and wheel and tire setup.
the car did feel a lot more relaxed for me. definitely less raw. the handling and power felt good though for stock
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN15930.50
      10-24-2022, 12:35 PM   #42
WagonMaverick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I just spent a week with 3.0 Supra blasting the Blue Ridge Mtns between Tenn and NC. Final verdict - keep the M2. I did a small write up on my experience if you search my posts.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 01:42 PM   #43
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
you actually have more fun driving the OG than the M2C...
You left the word "might" out of that statement. You might, others might, but I certainly don't. Different strokes for different folks.
chris7197325.50
///M TOWN15930.50
      10-24-2022, 01:52 PM   #44
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Quote:
you actually have more fun driving the OG than the M2C...
You left the word "might" out of that statement. You might, others might, but I certainly don't. Different strokes for different folks.
OG sounds better so that's why I took the OG. I also wanted to build the N55 and be unique. I got the best of both worlds. N55 much cheaper to mod too in my opinion
Appreciate 2
F87Tomei267.00
///M TOWN15930.50