BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Highly recommend the 'stealth' wrap

09-28-2022, 10:58 AM   #23
SilverM2_CS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 2011 135i Convertible

Grille inserts

Fall is coming. Where did you get the inserts? need to prevent leaves from getting into my radiator area.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2022, 11:00 AM   #24
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverM2_CS View Post
Fall is coming. Where did you get the inserts? need to prevent leaves from getting into my radiator area.
Zunsport all day every day.. absolutely LOVE these screens on my car!

https://www.zunsport.com/us/bmw-gril...set?filter=393
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 03:09 PM   #25
Steelguin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HHS/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinerF87 View Post
Here is my HS wrapped in xpel stealth!
looks same as non wrapped HHS to me. The black car is much more noticeable.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 10:25 AM   #26
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAxel View Post
Love the stealth on the black. Here is my LBB with xpel stealth.
The combo of LBB and gold 763 is very 👍
Appreciate 1
hAxel91.00
      10-13-2022, 02:30 PM   #27
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
Looks fantastic!

I've been wanting to do this on my last 3 cars but I could never get myself to pony up the $$$ to have it done. With the G87 officially revealed, I'm now even more certain that I'll be keeping and enjoying my F87 M2C for the foreseeable future.

As a result, this morning I finally paid a visit to the most reputable shop I could find in my area. They quoted me $7k, which includes removal of the pre-existing PPF (front bumper/hood/fenders/sideskirts/rear quarters), full paint correction, stealth PPF install and ceramic coating.

I've scheduled it to be done just before I tuck the car away for the winter. Until that day comes, I'm still curious to hear more long term reviews on how stealth PPF holds up to the elements and more mileage. Even at just 10k miles, I've noticed that the PPF that was previously installed is already starting to yellow, which is pretty disappointing. Luckily, the previous owner ate that cost.
      10-13-2022, 08:36 PM   #28
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadVibes View Post
Looks fantastic!

I've been wanting to do this on my last 3 cars but I could never get myself to pony up the $$$ to have it done. With the G87 officially revealed, I'm now even more certain that I'll be keeping and enjoying my F87 M2C for the foreseeable future.

As a result, this morning I finally paid a visit to the most reputable shop I could find in my area. They quoted me $7k, which includes removal of the pre-existing PPF (front bumper/hood/fenders/sideskirts/rear quarters), full paint correction, stealth PPF install and ceramic coating.

I've scheduled it to be done just before I tuck the car away for the winter. Until that day comes, I'm still curious to hear more long term reviews on how stealth PPF holds up to the elements and more mileage. Even at just 10k miles, I've noticed that the PPF that was previously installed is already starting to yellow, which is pretty disappointing. Luckily, the previous owner ate that cost.
I think now is the perfect time to do it. When you get the car back, inspect every corner of the car to the best of your ability to ensure you have a perfectly installed wrap. Especially by the door handles and where the body panels end. If possible, see if they can wrap around the edges of the panels.

When I was watching reviews of the car, the below still from Doug DeMuro's video is what inspired my decision to wrap. Though that car was unwrapped, the effect from direct sunlight gives it this awesome sheen. I've been chasing that look ever since.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 08:14 AM   #29
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
I think now is the perfect time to do it. When you get the car back, inspect every corner of the car to the best of your ability to ensure you have a perfectly installed wrap. Especially by the door handles and where the body panels end. If possible, see if they can wrap around the edges of the panels.

When I was watching reviews of the car, the below still from Doug DeMuro's video is what inspired my decision to wrap. Though that car was unwrapped, the effect from direct sunlight gives it this awesome sheen. I've been chasing that look ever since.
Yeah, I'm excited to see how it transforms the look.

The shop did say that that they use the "stamp method" (I think that's what he called it). But also said they add a few mm to each template so they can wrap edges/corners as much as possible.

He did say I may get some small edges/corners where they may not be able to wrap. But he also pointed out that on Alpine White, those areas will still hide extremely well. I'm inclined to agree.
(K)1254.00
      10-16-2022, 12:59 PM   #30
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadVibes View Post
Looks fantastic!

I've had my 21 M2C for 26 months now. I want to keep this car for a long time so in 2nd week of ownership I had full STEK Dynoshield PPF installed and windows tinted with 3M Crystalline including windshield. The installer tucked all edges from front, sides to back, including hood and trunk. In two years of ownership I've only power rinsed car and dried with leather chamois. There's no yellowing or peeling of the PPF and car always has that high gloss sheen since day one. Total cost was $4800 back in 2020, I'm sure it costs 20%-25% more now. PFA after wash.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-26-2022, 09:04 PM   #31
IcewaterPete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

Looking good guys!
Appreciate 0