BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Best Cat-back exhaust w/o Sensor/CEL

08-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #23
HS_M2C
Private
Rep
Drives: HS M2C 6MT

Garage List
I currently have the Eisenmann valved rear section only on US spec and it's great. If you're looking for something with a deeper tone and about 30-40% louder than stock but not obnoxiously loud, I think that's the way to go. Pairing it with Eisenmann or AA midpipe im sure will make it a lot louder though. The pops are quite a bit aggressive but I have no problem with that and actually enjoy them.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #24
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_M2C View Post
I currently have the Eisenmann valved rear section only on US spec and it's great. If you're looking for something with a deeper tone and about 30-40% louder than stock but not obnoxiously loud, I think that's the way to go. Pairing it with Eisenmann or AA midpipe im sure will make it a lot louder though. The pops are quite a bit aggressive but I have no problem with that and actually enjoy them.
Thank you for this just gives me more confirmation. I truly enjoyed my OG m2's exhaust note had full Dinan exhaust paired with VRSF DP so aggressive pops and bangs are good with me. I have yet to hear Eissemann paired with the AA midpipe though. Anyone out there???
Appreciate 1
HS_M2C118.50
      08-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #25
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
that is what i always thought but someone , somewhere told me that the ops has a sensor which reads how fast the flow goes and if it is too much the ecu will throw a cel.
He said so speaking about the mperformance exhaust
I should have caveated. If you're EU spec with OPF, you will get a CEL. If you're US spec or any variant without OPF, you won't get a CEL.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 12:15 AM   #26
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
that is what i always thought but someone , somewhere told me that the ops has a sensor which reads how fast the flow goes and if it is too much the ecu will throw a cel.
He said so speaking about the mperformance exhaust
AA midpipe by design removes the OPF filters on European cars, so CEL is 100% guaranteed
Gotcha
      11-22-2019, 07:58 PM   #27
DocSea
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 M2C

Eisenmann Exhaust Installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer28312 View Post
Thank you for this just gives me more confirmation. I truly enjoyed my OG m2's exhaust note had full Dinan exhaust paired with VRSF DP so aggressive pops and bangs are good with me. I have yet to hear Eissemann paired with the AA midpipe though. Anyone out there???
I'm in the same boat. Have the Eisenmann exhaust on my M2C and absolutely love that deep burble on deceleration. Itching for the AA Midpipe for more growl in Sport+ but want to confirm its not obnoxious to the neighbors in efficiency mode. Looking for a decent video clip with the AA mid / Eisenmann combo!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #28
SFM2C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicehead View Post
I'd like to elaborate on this a bit more I think.

For a sporty setup that is just a bit louder than stock,

catted: AA Mid, Remus Sport Rear (This keeps the wife happy no matter what mode you are in)

And...

Because Racecar - and still my overall favorite setup

catless: AA Mid, Remus Race Rear

This setup is great for non daily or, most likely DCT. The M6 RPM sits right at 3000 RPM @ 80MPH. So, on the freeway, the "Racecar" setup has a slight buzz at that RPM which disappears either side.
So for the U.S., if you go with an AA midpipe, and catback (Remus/Milltek, whichever), won’t throw CEL (doesn’t require tune?).
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 02:09 PM   #29
ARMY_M2C
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Comp

Garage List
2020 BMW  [0.00]
2020 BMW  [0.00]
AA Mid and Remus sounds good. I had it on my f80 M3. I end up getting FI DP with it later on.

I have M2C now, I am going with FI Catback. If you dont plan to get DP. FI is good choice too.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 10:24 PM   #30
SFM2C
Private First Class
Rep

Meant to write that last post as a question. AA Mid w/ Catback = no CEL?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 11:03 PM   #31
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFM2C View Post
Meant to write that last post as a question. AA Mid w/ Catback = no CEL?
I assume you mean AA mid with an axle back (Stock muffler, Remus, MPE, Eisenmann, etc) because AA mid itself is a catback midpipe. Anyways... AA midpipe does not cause a CEL on US spec cars whether it's paired with the stock muffler or any aftermarket axle back. I'm currently running Remus Sport with AA mid on mine.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 11:26 PM   #32
SFM2C
Private First Class
Rep

Ah, so AA midpipe w/ Remus axle back / muffler, if I got that right? How’s sound compared to stock? Think it was worth swapping out to Remus?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 11:47 PM   #33
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ah, so AA midpipe w/ Remus axle back / muffler, if I got that right? How’s sound compared to stock? Think it was worth swapping out to Remus?
The difference is night and day... Even Remus Sport with stock midpipe sounds better than full stock system but Remus Sport with AA midpipe is my favorite:

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 12:01 AM   #34
SFM2C
Private First Class
Rep

Thx for the vids. Is this the Remus Axle Back you’re running? For the AA midpipe and Remus Axle Back, imagine there was a little fabrication/cutting?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 12:02 AM   #35
SFM2C
Private First Class
Rep

https://autotalent.com/products/remu...m2-competition

meant to post the link
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 12:17 AM   #36
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Thx for the vids. Is this the Remus Axle Back you're running? For the AA midpipe and Remus Axle Back, imagine there was a little fabrication/cutting?
Quote:
There are two versions of Remus axle back, Race and Sport. Race is less restrictive, hence louder. Sport comes with built in resonators as seen below. It's not as loud as Race but has a much nicer tone in my opinion. I tried Race+AA mid, Sport+stock mid, and Sport+AA mid (also got to listened to the Race+stock mid on my friend's car). Out of all these combinations, Remus Sport with AA mid is my favorite and that's what I'm running now. The link you posted is the Race version.

Remus Sport with built in resonators:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 12:28 AM   #37
M2C89
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

In for OPs video of full AA signature on stock, I'm thinking of going this route. Please advice on quality and figment as well
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 05:05 AM   #38
SFM2C
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
There are two versions of Remus axle back, Race and Sport. Race is less restrictive, hence louder. Sport comes with built in resonators as seen below. It's not as loud as Race but has a much nicer tone in my opinion. I tried Race+AA mid, Sport+stock mid, and Sport+AA mid (also got to listened to the Race+stock mid on my friend's car). Out of all these combinations, Remus Sport with AA mid is my favorite and that's what I'm running now. The link you posted is the Race version.

Remus Sport with built in resonators:
Extremely helpful. Thank you! Yikes, Remus charges a pretty penny for the tips, eh? So does MPE these days. Ultimately, got a $60K car, so won’t skimp out here.

Last edited by SFM2C; 12-02-2019 at 05:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #39
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C89 View Post
In for OPs video of full AA signature on stock, I'm thinking of going this route. Please advice on quality and figment as well
Been lazy on getting y'all this clip. I'll try to record it sometime today/this week. Love the sound, fitment is snug and definitely need the right shop to ensure a proper fitment.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 09:30 PM   #40
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Thx for the vids. Is this the Remus Axle Back you’re running? For the AA midpipe and Remus Axle Back, imagine there was a little fabrication/cutting?
no cel, no fabrication needed.
We are running a special on this setup, let me know if you decide to get it

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 07:30 PM   #41
M2C89
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxified View Post
Quote:
Been lazy on getting y'all this clip. I'll try to record it sometime today/this week. Love the sound, fitment is snug and definitely need the right shop to ensure a proper fitment.
So is the fitment from AA not up to par, and in need of modification? That's unfortunate!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 09:20 AM   #42
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So is the fitment from AA not up to par, and in need of modification? That's unfortunate!
No, the fitment is up to par, no modification needed. It's just a very tight fitment and needs to be perfect. Not much room for error or you will rub or rattle somewhere. Does that make sense? I simply clamped/bolted onto downpipes and installed as instructed, no other modification besides "adjustments" to make sure it doesn't touch my car anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #43
M2C89
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No, the fitment is up to par, no modification needed. It's just a very tight fitment and needs to be perfect. Not much room for error or you will rub or rattle somewhere. Does that make sense? I simply clamped/bolted onto downpipes and installed as instructed, no other modification besides "adjustments" to make sure it doesn't touch my car anywhere.
Gotcha, so what you're saying is the installation needs to be from a quality installer! That makes sense. Thanks dude!
Appreciate 0