BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Airbag Recall Updates

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #111
Dillon152
New Member
2
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: May 2019
Location: OHIO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4501 View Post
I feel for you guys! So glad I got my Chicago delivery 3 weeks ago. I am at 930 miles and have my 1200 scheduled this Monday, after a little trip this weekend.
Iíd be careful, I have a Ram 1500 that had a recall that I wasnít aware of, when I took it in for a routine oil change they saw the recall and would not release my truck back to me. They gave me a rental, luckily it only took a day to fix, but I was still pissed. I have zero idea of this would be the case in this situation, itís just something to think about, maybe give them a call ahead of time.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #112
AlpsRider
Colonel
AlpsRider's Avatar
1709
Rep
2,685
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon152 View Post
Iíd be careful, I have a Ram 1500 that had a recall that I wasnít aware of, when I took it in for a routine oil change they saw the recall and would not release my truck back to me. They gave me a rental, luckily it only took a day to fix, but I was still pissed. I have zero idea of this would be the case in this situation, itís just something to think about, maybe give them a call ahead of time.
I was thinking the same thing. Since it is a safety issue, I wouldn't be surprised if they impounded the car!
Appreciate 1
MTROIS144.00

      05-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #113
KevinM
Colonel
KevinM's Avatar
2133
Rep
2,911
Posts

Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tucson

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
FWIW, my car started production in late April and finished in early May. My CA confirmed it is not part of the recall.
__________________
2020 F87 M2C Hockenheim Silver/MT
2002 E39 M5 Sterling Gray/Caramel
2007 E86 Z4M Coupe Silver Gray/Black
2016 F80 M3 ZCP MG/Golden Brown/6MT European Delivery Thread - gone
Appreciate 2
MTROIS144.00
mhanism271.00

      05-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #114
golf4501
Lieutenant
86
Rep
566
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Since it is a safety issue, I wouldn't be surprised if they impounded the car!
Took it this morning. He mentioned the recall, said they didn't have the parts yet. Said they couldn't keep the car, will do my 1200 mile service and I'll be on my way.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 07:10 PM   #115
M2C89
Second Lieutenant
M2C89's Avatar
United_States
326
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 07:41 PM   #116
phantom7835
Private First Class
phantom7835's Avatar
United_States
201
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: 20 M2C, 92 Miata
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C89 View Post
Any updates?
A BMWNA representative called me today to tell me the recalls may not be as widespread as originally thought, as some cars are being greenlit. All of the affected cars fall into the same time period, but not every day is affected.

Mine is not one of them. She literally called to tell me that some cars are good to go and mine isn't.


Thanks.

Also, BMW is canceling my performance center delivery because they don't think they can reschedule it
__________________
2020 M2 Competition, LBB, Exec, 6 Speed
2013 X1 x28i, Valencia, Premium, Cold Weather
2002 325i/5, Tiag - sold
1998 M3/4/5, Cosmo - scrapped
1992 Miata, Brilliant Black, STS - on the island of misfit toys
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #117
JL1002
Private First Class
JL1002's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
A BMWNA representative called me today to tell me the recalls may not be as widespread as originally thought, as some cars are being greenlit. All of the affected cars fall into the same time period, but not every day is affected.

Mine is not one of them. She literally called to tell me that some cars are good to go and mine isn't.


Thanks.

Also, BMW is canceling my performance center delivery because they don't think they can reschedule it
Interesting. What was your build week? (Just re-read your post and realized they called to tell you yours WAS affected. Sorry to hear it.)
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 08:46 PM   #118
Luongo
Lieutenant
United_States
120
Rep
460
Posts

Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera T
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, Illinois

iTrader: (2)

My dealer told me that the recall has been cut down to 400 cars.
Unfortunately, my car is one of 400.
I am seriously considering backing out of the deal and getting a CPO Carrera T instead.

So frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
A BMWNA representative called me today to tell me the recalls may not be as widespread as originally thought, as some cars are being greenlit. All of the affected cars fall into the same time period, but not every day is affected.

Mine is not one of them. She literally called to tell me that some cars are good to go and mine isn't.


Thanks.

Also, BMW is canceling my performance center delivery because they don't think they can reschedule it
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 08:48 PM   #119
phantom7835
Private First Class
phantom7835's Avatar
United_States
201
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: 20 M2C, 92 Miata
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongo View Post
My dealer told me that the recall has been cut down to 400 cars.
Unfortunately, my car is one of 400.
I am seriously considering backing out of the deal and getting a CPO Carrera T instead.

So frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
A BMWNA representative called me today to tell me the recalls may not be as widespread as originally thought, as some cars are being greenlit. All of the affected cars fall into the same time period, but not every day is affected.

Mine is not one of them. She literally called to tell me that some cars are good to go and mine isn't.


Thanks.

Also, BMW is canceling my performance center delivery because they don't think they can reschedule it
I visited a Porsche dealer in the Chicago region this weekend to see what was available. Not a whole lot of options CPO, and they wanted to charge extra to have a car certified
__________________
2020 M2 Competition, LBB, Exec, 6 Speed
2013 X1 x28i, Valencia, Premium, Cold Weather
2002 325i/5, Tiag - sold
1998 M3/4/5, Cosmo - scrapped
1992 Miata, Brilliant Black, STS - on the island of misfit toys
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 08:49 PM   #120
phantom7835
Private First Class
phantom7835's Avatar
United_States
201
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: 20 M2C, 92 Miata
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
A BMWNA representative called me today to tell me the recalls may not be as widespread as originally thought, as some cars are being greenlit. All of the affected cars fall into the same time period, but not every day is affected.

Mine is not one of them. She literally called to tell me that some cars are good to go and mine isn't.


Thanks.

Also, BMW is canceling my performance center delivery because they don't think they can reschedule it
Interesting. What was your build week? (Just re-read your post and realized they called to tell you yours WAS affected. Sorry to hear it.)
I was week one of March, one of the first. According to the tracker on BMWUSA my car was completed on March 8th
__________________
2020 M2 Competition, LBB, Exec, 6 Speed
2013 X1 x28i, Valencia, Premium, Cold Weather
2002 325i/5, Tiag - sold
1998 M3/4/5, Cosmo - scrapped
1992 Miata, Brilliant Black, STS - on the island of misfit toys
Appreciate 1
JL100274.00

      05-13-2019, 09:08 PM   #121
Luongo
Lieutenant
United_States
120
Rep
460
Posts

Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera T
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
I visited a Porsche dealer in the Chicago region this weekend to see what was available. Not a whole lot of options CPO, and they wanted to charge extra to have a car certified
There is one I like about 11 hours away from Chicago. Problem with the 991.2 Carreras are the maintenance cost. I do all of my maintenance (oil, brake fluid, brake pads, spark plugs) myself on my 981 Boxster. 991.2 spark plugs are impossible to get to because of the turbo chargers and all the plumbing. Porsche oil change costs about $400, minor service (every 2 years) usually costs about $1,000 and major service (every 4 years) costs about $2,500 at the dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #122
golf4501
Lieutenant
86
Rep
566
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
I was week one of March, one of the first. According to the tracker on BMWUSA my car was completed on March 8th
Interesting mine was finished March 12th and I took delivery on April 16th. As I mentioned in my other post, they said I had a recall when I did my 1200 mile today, waiting on parts, will call me when they can do the repair. They must not be concerned about any liability as they let me take my car home.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:14 PM   #123
phantom7835
Private First Class
phantom7835's Avatar
United_States
201
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: 20 M2C, 92 Miata
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4501 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
I was week one of March, one of the first. According to the tracker on BMWUSA my car was completed on March 8th
Interesting mine was finished March 12th and I took delivery on April 16th. As I mentioned in my other post, they said I had a recall when I did my 1200 mile today, waiting on parts, will call me when they can do the repair. They must not be concerned about any liability as they let me take my car home.
Every single step of my purchase has gone wrong from day one leading to the car taking so long to make it here. I ended up getting put on a boat that took over month just to make it to the east coast, and then performance center delivery wasn't scheduled and tacked another two weeks on to my delivery. Had that delay not occurred, I would have had my car before the recall and been fine
__________________
2020 M2 Competition, LBB, Exec, 6 Speed
2013 X1 x28i, Valencia, Premium, Cold Weather
2002 325i/5, Tiag - sold
1998 M3/4/5, Cosmo - scrapped
1992 Miata, Brilliant Black, STS - on the island of misfit toys
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:43 PM   #124
WC24
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

I wonder if the BMW recall site is accurate, I plugged in my VIN and there was no recall and was updated as of today.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 05:55 AM   #125
bri1042
Lieutenant Colonel
bri1042's Avatar
1228
Rep
1,591
Posts

Drives: 2019 LBB M2C
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC24 View Post
I wonder if the BMW recall site is accurate, I plugged in my VIN and there was no recall and was updated as of today.
It hasn't been updated since last year...which is really odd.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 06:51 AM   #126
golf4501
Lieutenant
86
Rep
566
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC24 View Post
I wonder if the BMW recall site is accurate, I plugged in my VIN and there was no recall and was updated as of today.
It must be a different source than what the dealer has then, as mine clearly showed the recall when the dealer punched in my VIN yesterday. It's also on my work order with a note that they are waiting on parts.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 06:59 AM   #127
golf4501
Lieutenant
86
Rep
566
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
Every single step of my purchase has gone wrong from day one leading to the car taking so long to make it here. I ended up getting put on a boat that took over month just to make it to the east coast, and then performance center delivery wasn't scheduled and tacked another two weeks on to my delivery. Had that delay not occurred, I would have had my car before the recall and been fine
I'd be livid. Mine surprisingly didn't take that long once it was built. It sat for 3 days to get a train to Bremerhaven, got on a ship fairly quick and made it to Baltimore on April 6th. Showed up in Naperville on April 13th, and I took delivery on the 16th (I waited until that freak April snow on the 14th cleared).

They need to do something for you to make it up for this mess.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 07:22 AM   #128
AudiOn19s
Enlisted Member
19
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 996 GT3 , 997 TTS, E55, M2C
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Columbus Ohio

iTrader: (0)

I must be getting old because It's entertaining to me to see everyone soo distraught over a slight delay in a car, demanding rentals and compensation from dealers for something that's completely out of BMW's control.

I plan on owning this thing for a very long time, a delay of a couple of weeks isn't going to damage that experience for me and certainly isn't going to make me go buy something else when i went through the decision process on what is the right car for me and the M2 was the winner.
__________________
PCA National Instructor
Racer in Karts and Time Trials
Appreciate 1
mhanism271.00

      05-14-2019, 07:24 AM   #129
JL1002
Private First Class
JL1002's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongo View Post
My dealer told me that the recall has been cut down to 400 cars.
Unfortunately, my car is one of 400.
I am seriously considering backing out of the deal and getting a CPO Carrera T instead.

So frustrating.
Sorry to hear it, that is super frustrating. What was your build week? Maybe we can narrow it down to build week(s)? Looks like OP was week 9.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 07:31 AM   #130
AudiOn19s
Enlisted Member
19
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 996 GT3 , 997 TTS, E55, M2C
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Columbus Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongo View Post
There is one I like about 11 hours away from Chicago. Problem with the 991.2 Carreras are the maintenance cost. I do all of my maintenance (oil, brake fluid, brake pads, spark plugs) myself on my 981 Boxster. 991.2 spark plugs are impossible to get to because of the turbo chargers and all the plumbing. Porsche oil change costs about $400, minor service (every 2 years) usually costs about $1,000 and major service (every 4 years) costs about $2,500 at the dealerships.
plug change on the turbo cars is def more of a pain, but more of a rewarding DIY process in the end. Buy yourself a few extra beers and have at it. Did the plugs on my 997 turbo last weekend and it was 8 hours start to finish but in the end it was a rewarding job.
__________________
PCA National Instructor
Racer in Karts and Time Trials
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2019, 07:32 AM   #131
AudiOn19s
Enlisted Member
19
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 996 GT3 , 997 TTS, E55, M2C
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Columbus Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1002 View Post
Sorry to hear it, that is super frustrating. What was your build week? Maybe we can narrow it down to build week(s)? Looks like OP was week 9.
mine was week 15 and it's effected.
__________________
PCA National Instructor
Racer in Karts and Time Trials
Appreciate 1
JL100274.00

      05-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #132
JL1002
Private First Class
JL1002's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiOn19s View Post
mine was week 15 and it's effected.
Sorry to hear it. I'm a week 17 and have just been assuming the worst.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST