BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > M2 VS M3 (A therapy thread for those who can't decide)

10-20-2015, 09:08 PM   #23
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 Cayman S 6MT, '21 X5 45E

Thanks for starting this thread, this is the same decision I'm gonna have to make in about a year--but it's never too early to start trying to figure it out. It's nice to see others going through the same pros and cons.

Initially I was leaning towards the M2, but as the details came out it became less appetizing (crap colors, no cf roof, no M seats, etc), and I've also gone back to the drawing board on our two-car strategy (was formerly thinking of getting wife a 328GT as family/touring car and eventually M2 to replace my M235i). Now I'm considering an alternate plan where we get the F80 first to act as our family/touring car and then a year later get an i3 to replace the M235i as our city/local commute car. So many decisions and possibilities

One of the key things is how much fun the F87 vs F80 will be. I *love* my M235i, both in daily driving and hooning it up on country backroads a few times a month, and I want my next fun car to bring more power and a tighter suspension. One question I have that maybe some of y'all have looked into is, apples to apples, what is the weight difference with 6MT F87 vs F80?

I'm sure the F80 will clearly win in terms of power-to-weight, but there is something to be said for the agility that comes with lower weight.

My other question, that I can't find answered anywhere, is: are the 'vents' with the M2 badges behind the front wheel arch real, functional vents? Or is it just totally fake? If it's fake, that would really, really bother me. We already know the rear fender vent-like depressions are fake since they are filled with the world's most obnoxious reflectors. :thumb down

Thanks in advance for any insight and info y'all might have.

2014 981 Cayman S 6MT, X73 Suspension, SES
2021 X5 45e MSport, Manhattan Green, Coffee Merino, Review & Photos
Previous: '18 340 GT, '15 M235i 6MT, '15 i3 REx, '15 x1 xDrive28i
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2015, 09:16 PM   #24
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 MW/CSC/6MT/18s

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg View Post
Thanks for starting this thread, this is the same decision I'm gonna have to make in about a year--but it's never too early to start trying to figure it out. It's nice to see others going through the same pros and cons.

Initially I was leaning towards the M2, but as the details came out it became less appetizing (crap colors, no cf roof, no M seats, etc), and I've also gone back to the drawing board on our two-car strategy (was formerly thinking of getting wife a 328GT as family/touring car and eventually M2 to replace my M235i). Now I'm considering an alternate plan where we get the F80 first to act as our family/touring car and then a year later get an i3 to replace the M235i as our city/local commute car. So many decisions and possibilities

One of the key things is how much fun the F87 vs F80 will be. I *love* my M235i, both in daily driving and hooning it up on country backroads a few times a month, and I want my next fun car to bring more power and a tighter suspension. One question I have that maybe some of y'all have looked into is, apples to apples, what is the weight difference with 6MT F87 vs F80?

I'm sure the F80 will clearly win in terms of power-to-weight, but there is something to be said for the agility that comes with lower weight.

My other question, that I can't find answered anywhere, is: are the 'vents' with the M2 badges behind the front wheel arch real, functional vents? Or is it just totally fake? If it's fake, that would really, really bother me. We already know the rear fender vent-like depressions are fake since they are filled with the world's most obnoxious reflectors. :thumb down

Good point on the body work. I love the F80 because all the cuts and vents have a functional purpose. I do remember seeing that the "M" vents were non-functional on the two. And agree about the seat thing. Not going to the extent that some people are about it, but it is a disappointment especially after having driven the F80 hard and loving the overall cabin seating position and comfort.

How do you like the 6MT? I am seriously considering it for the two if I go that route. My dealer has a bunch of M235is on the lot and I was going to go and test drive one for at least some comparison.

Oh well...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 09:16 PM   #25
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
I was on the fence for a while. I've had a deposit in and a #1 slot for 6 months. Then I started lusting after the m3 in Daytona violet. Dealer offered me an allocation and we negotiated price. However, after much thought I declined as I felt the car was too big. I've had an e36, 2 e46s, and an e90. They kept getting bigger. Then I visited a local auto cross. I didn't run but several friends who I go to HPDEs were there. There was 2 M3s and an M4. They got whipped by many of the cars out there. They were out of place - too big and certainly not nimble. Maybe awkward and clumsy are the better words to describe it. Seeing this just reconfirmed that I made the right call in declining the M3 allocation. I know I know that auto cross is not what the m3 was made for. That said the e46 m3s were very competitive at auto cross and also track worthy and street worthy. While I don't plan on auto crossing the M2 you can bet it will be at the track right after break in.
      10-20-2015, 09:36 PM   #26
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
How do you like the 6MT? I am seriously considering it for the two if I go that route. My dealer has a bunch of M235is on the lot and I was going to go and test drive one for at least some comparison.
I love the manual in my M235i. It's a daily pleasure getting to use it, I can't imagine having the car without it. Of course I'd never buy a performance car with anything besides a manual, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #27
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToe View Post
While I don't plan on auto crossing the M2 you can bet it will be at the track right after break in.
Honest question, just for my curiosity and to help get an idea of how these cars compare, do you think the M2 will be faster around a track than an M4 (or M3)? Or just more enjoyable?

That's one of the reasons I was trying to get specific details about the weights, because I see a lot of people talking about the agility of the M2, but does that just come from he smaller body and wheelbase? Or is it that much lighter? It uses the same suspensions as the F80/82, right? Just trying to figure out what is making the difference.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #28
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
My guess is that the m3 or m4 will out perform the m2 on most tracks because of its power advantage. The m2 may out perform on others. Shorter tight tracks will tend to favor the m2. Larger tracks will tend to favor the m3. Which one 'wins'? Who knows. I do expect though that the m2 will outmaneuver the m3 simply due to its size. I would expect that it will out perform the m3 at auto cross. Several 135s killed the m3s and m4s at the auto cross.
      10-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #29
EstorilM
Cars, beer, hiking
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Think I may be leaning towards leasing the f80. Love that there is more color options/better interior, HK standard, CF roof, etc. Deals are pretty damn good right now too. Hard to pass up.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 10:15 PM   #30
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg

Yep vents non functional on the M2 as for 6MT it's M2 1496kg vs M3 1520kg from memory. Given they weigh about the same it would be the footprint and manoeuvrability which I'm trying to wonder how much difference there really would be.

With M2 I could find myself comparing to M3 on things but if I went M3 would there be anything on the M2 id wish I had besides smaller size? The only thing I can think of is if it gets the street cred and hailed by the journos as the better drivers car. Even then you could just say yeah but I've got the better engine, seats and m mirrors
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 10:26 PM   #31
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Somewhat simple answer: If you want a fun/nimble car, get the M2. If you want a more practical, but powerful and tuneable car, get the M3/4.

More complicated answer:
If I didn't have a couple of M cars already, I'd be leaning towards the M2 big time. It's what BMW is good at. Nimble, fun, compact. I really do think it'll be a funner car to drive than the M3/4.

If you can, I recommend waiting until Summer 2017 if it's at all possible.
- M3/4 Competition Package will be out by then
- M2 LCI will also be out as MY17
- M2 price should be more negotiable by then

Personally, I'm most likely going to go for an MY17 F80 myself. I've already got 2 coupes so a bigger 4 door would come in handy. This could change if the M2 is that amazing, then I'll hold for LCI.
Here's what you need to do: buy a well-kept E39 M5 to fill the "generation gap" between your E36 and E92, and save your pennies for an E30 one day (or an M2 LCI (CSL?) with Euro Delivery if this car proves to be as good as we think it should be).
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 07:50 AM   #32
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

Like I said in many of my posts, if you want a fun/nimble car, the M2 is the ticket. I also happen to love the M235i so I have no doubt the M2 will fill that role very well. However, the M3 is more practical and has the better engine. So it'll come down to what you prioritize.

As for the vent, they are non-functional, but there are so many M's that have this. If we were nit picky, then the M2 really should not have quad exhausts at all either. There's absolutely no need for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToe View Post
I was on the fence for a while. I've had a deposit in and a #1 slot for 6 months. Then I started lusting after the m3 in Daytona violet. Dealer offered me an allocation and we negotiated price. However, after much thought I declined as I felt the car was too big. I've had an e36, 2 e46s, and an e90. They kept getting bigger. Then I visited a local auto cross. I didn't run but several friends who I go to HPDEs were there. There was 2 M3s and an M4. They got whipped by many of the cars out there. They were out of place - too big and certainly not nimble. Maybe awkward and clumsy are the better words to describe it. Seeing this just reconfirmed that I made the right call in declining the M3 allocation. I know I know that auto cross is not what the m3 was made for. That said the e46 m3s were very competitive at auto cross and also track worthy and street worthy. While I don't plan on auto crossing the M2 you can bet it will be at the track right after break in.
The M3/4 is not a good autox car. Too big and wide, while not enough haivng enough tire for all the torque from factory.

On a proper track, I expect that's where the M3/4 will come alive and the size wouldn't matter as much. It also remains to be seen how good of a job BMW did with the M2's cooling, as this is very stout on the S55. Having said that, I foresee the M2 being a super fun car at the track and autox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
Here's what you need to do: buy a well-kept E39 M5 to fill the "generation gap" between your E36 and E92, and save your pennies for an E30 one day (or an M2 LCI (CSL?) with Euro Delivery if this car proves to be as good as we think it should be).
Of all those cars you listed, I've actually thought many many times about adding an Imola Red E39 M5. I still think it's one of the best looking sedans ever made.

However, I think there would just be too much overlap considering I already have an E92.

Personally, I really don't have an interest in the E30 M3 for what they are going for now. Far too expensive IMHO. And the M2 CSL would be amazing, but I already know that if it comes out, it'll be out of my budget and chances are it'll be DCT only.

Another thought about the M2 while we are at it. I don't think it would be too difficult to find one lightly used in a couple of years optioned out the way I like. I know almost for a fact that an F80 how I'd order it would be nearly impossible. Austin Yellow (rare), cloth (rare), LED AND 6MT (less common than DCT) while having a CF roof. That might as well be 1/1. The odds would be even more impossible should you decide on going with Indvidual.

On the other hand, finding a low mileage LBB/6MT/LED (if they offer them) should not be hard at all. Especially considering all the interiors are identical.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2015, 10:13 AM   #33
TxFeatFan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
2024 G83 M4  [10.00]
2017 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
If we were nit picky, then the M2 really should not have quad exhausts at all either. There's absolutely no need for it.
I guess it should really have three auspuffe instead of four, right?

The M2 is only 2 kg lighter than the M3/M4.
Source: http://www.bimmertoday.de/2015/10/14...ps-sportcoupe/

I'm leaning towards a 2017 M2.

—————————————————————————————————————
2024 Tanzanite Blue II M4 Convertible
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #34
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
I'm in this boat too. If the M2 isn't a pain to buy (e.g., marks ups, limited allocations) I'm probably going that route. Which means it will probably a year before I can purchase an M2 on my terms. If that is the case I may just purchase an F80 now and revisit the M2 in a few years. Really can't go wrong.
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 05:20 PM   #35
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
I'm in this boat too. If the M2 isn't a pain to buy (e.g., marks ups, limited allocations) I'm probably going that route. Which means it will probably a year before I can purchase an M2 on my terms. If that is the case I may just purchase an F80 now and revisit the M2 in a few years. Really can't go wrong.
Very good approach and thanks to those who brought up the auto-X vs track experience for both cars. I used to auto-X a lot (once a month) and really want to get back into it (work and graduate school suck up my time). Obviously, the smaller, more nimble size of the M2 will serve it well and better than a M3/4 on a tighter track. I was running my 335is this year and I did fine but it did feel like too much car on the course. Granted I am no Lewis Hamilton, Carlos Sainz or Aryton Sena, but I am a pretty solid X-er and the car just felt too big for event.

Other friends, E46 330s, E36 M3s and E46 328s (heavily, track modified) seemed much quicker and, frankly, more fun for the tight, technical nature of the auto-X. I did a few passenger rides with them and the smaller size and lower power seemed like a better match for that specific event. That said, the F80, at the BMW school, owned the track and was a sheer joy. My favorite event and favorite car of all the events and platforms we got to drive.

While either car will be a daily driver and weekend racer, I will definitely be doing more auto-Xing than full on track driving, hence I keep going back to the M2.

Colors and what not, I feel like the M2 was slightly sold short on the current interior and "M" details but I can get over it. However, I am a little turned off by the non-functioning vents and the non-M seats, but again, if it is fun and fast, who gives a shit. Seeing the newly posted interior pictures of the LBB, it is the first "lively" color that I really like. My M3 is built with Silverstone which I think is so classy though.

Another thing, and this comes with the process of buying a car, between the USAA discounts on the F80 and the BMWCCA membership discounts (which roughly equate to one another), I am now back in the boat of not having a financial priority. Obviously, even at MSRP, the M2 will be cheaper. I plan on a few options, but those are largely going to be the diffuser and Alcantara wheel, and then whatever performance options scream out at me. I am set, dead set though on not paying above MSRP for the M2 and if someone tries to hose me, then I walk.

Anyone closer to making a decision? Any ideas when press cars will start being circulated so we can start reading reviews?

Last edited by DDR MFS; 10-22-2015 at 10:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #36
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

The more I drive the F80, the more I'm loving it. This one was a 6spd and had the M-Performance exhaust which sounded damn great. And this car is just stupid fast. Driving it back to back with the E92 really showed what torque meant.

If I'm not getting the M2, The F80 is definitely going to be the one for me. Oh my friend in the GT4 was also there. This picture is what my dream garage would look like:

The M2 has until late Summer 2016/Fall 2017 to convince me that it's worthy of a spot in the garage
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #37
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
The more I drive the F80, the more I'm loving it. This one was a 6spd and had the M-Performance exhaust which sounded damn great. And this car is just stupid fast. Driving it back to back with the E92 really showed what torque meant.

If I'm not getting the M2, The F80 is definitely going to be the one for me. Oh my friend in the GT4 was also there. This picture is what my dream garage would look like:
[IMG]http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...pszr7vt0dk.jpg[/IMG]

The M2 has until late Summer 2016/Fall 2017 to convince me that it's worthy of a spot in the garage
Great write up and I'm thinking about how much I enjoyed the F80 on the track. It felt so complete despite growing and maturing. I am getting so close to locking one in for a lease.

Do you have 18s or 19s? I have 19s on the "is" and I'm in the 18 camp for the F80. Love the look, more contact for HPDE, and better ride for DD. Not to mention the potholes here have given me a few scares. Suggestion?

How is your car optioned? I plan on only adding M Suspension and DCT. Extended leather and Silverstone round it out. I'll add the Alcantara wheel later. Was the M exhaust a factory or dealer option?
      10-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #38
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep

So, to answer some of my own questions here are some comparisons of size, weight, and power between F87 M2 and both F80 M3 and F82 M4. All of this info is direct from BMW, weights are BMW-stated curb weights for US--all are with manual transmissions because who cares about anything else?

Code:
 			M2		M4		Dif
Weight		3450	3530	M2 is 80lbs (2%) lighter
Height		55.5	54.4		M4 is 1.1in (2%) lower
Wheelbase	106		110.7	M2 is 4.7in (4%) shorter
Length		176.2	183.9	M2 is 7.7in (4%) shorter
Width		73		73.6	M4 is .6in (1%) wider
Power		365		425		M4 has 60hp (16%) advantage
Torque		343		406 	M4 has 63lb-ft (18%) advantage
Code:
			M2		M3		Dif
Weight		3450	3540	M2 is 90lbs (2%) lighter
Height		55.5	56.3		M2 is 1.1in (1%) lower
Width		73		73.9	M3 is .9in (1%) wider
Power		365		425		M3 has 60hp (16%) advantage
Torque		343		406 	M3 has 63lb-ft (18%) advantage
I was surprised how close the non-engine numbers were for all these cars. The weight differences are minor enough to almost be ignored (as stated earlier here) and even the size differences are pretty insignificant: 4.7 inches on the wheelbase, only 4%?!

I know enthusiasts really fetishize smaller cars and are outspoken opponents of models always getting bigger, so I guess that explains why everyone has already pronounced the M2 as *the* model for enthusiasts and driving purity--even though no one has actually driven one yet.

Just based on the numbers, it feels like crowing the M2 as the purist (current) performance BMW is a bit premature. Does a 4% shorter wheelbase really make it more fun to drive than having 16% more power?

Anyway, these numbers, as well as my other gripes in my previous post pretty much have me looking at an M3 instead of an M2. Outside of costing a lot more, doesn't seem like there are really any compromises going with the M3, and much gained.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2015, 10:08 PM   #39
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottomfg
So, to answer some of my own questions here are some comparisons of size, weight, and power between F87 M2 and both F80 M3 and F82 M4. All of this info is direct from BMW, weights are BMW-stated curb weights for US--all are with manual transmissions because who cares about anything else?

Code:
 			M2		M4		Dif
Code:
			M2		M3		Dif
I was surprised how close the non-engine numbers were for all these cars. The weight differences are minor enough to almost be ignored (as stated earlier here) and even the size differences are pretty insignificant: 4.7 inches on the wheelbase, only 4%?!

I know enthusiasts really fetishize smaller cars and are outspoken opponents of models always getting bigger, so I guess that explains why everyone has already pronounced the M2 as *the* model for enthusiasts and driving purity--even though no one has actually driven one yet.

Just based on the numbers, it feels like crowing the M2 as the purist (current) performance BMW is a bit premature. Does a 4% shorter wheelbase really make it more fun to drive than having 16% more power?

Anyway, these numbers, as well as my other gripes in my previous post pretty much have me looking at an M3 instead of an M2. Outside of costing a lot more, doesn't seem like there are really any compromises going with the M3, and much gained.
Good stuff dude! I felt the same way and this just reaffirms my intuition. I think this is boiling down to what sort of actual car you want rather than experience. The numbers, as presented here, are negligible to me. I would lean to getting two more doors, hence the three.

I will say that I think the three and the DCT are matched in near perfect harmony. If I go three, it's definitely a DCT. Two is more a manual for me. Also concluding that you can't go wrong with either car.

F-ing decisions...
      10-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #40
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Quote:

Code:
 			M2		M4		Dif
Code:
			M2		M3		Dif

The 7 less inches in length makes a difference, especially when you drive them back-to-back or put them side-by-side, as I did with the M235i. The M2 looks stockier, more aggressive, is more nimble, and takes up less space. So there are 2 primary considerations: (1) smaller car and (2) at least $15K price difference.

There is definitely a lot gained for that $15K for the M3. I'm still indecisive too... I am more drawn to the M3, but the M2 just feels so "young and fun" like every day and every drive will be a hoot. Lastly...the M2 rear fenders are so good!

Last edited by G8rGrl; 10-24-2015 at 11:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 08:39 AM   #41
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yeh, I am planning to go with my wife to the dealer and we are both going to drive a F80 and a M235i to see what works size wise. I could go either way right now after seeing the write up on the M2 first impressions recently posted in the M2 Discussion Forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 09:47 AM   #42
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:

Code:
 			M2		M4		Dif
Code:
			M2		M3		Dif

Great post... I have seen the specs of the M2,3&4 and have also concluded that the specs of the non motor stuff are likely pretty small. You might classify the difference as only a "perceived" difference.

As for the Motor, I might be disappointed with tuning potential of the M2. I would suspect the trap speed of the M2 would be near 110mph and the M3/4 is near 120mph. To me the power of the S55 vs N55 cannot be overlooked...

Perhaps the M2's forged crank and S55 style pistons will allow for more boost, even beyond the M235's N55 potential?

Some hear will flame me for talking about trap speeds stating that these cars are not meant to drag race, however all of the cars being compared will have similar handling limits. My point is that the S55 cars will likely be significantly faster.

I lightly used F80 M3 might look pretty good after the M2 reviews are out and all the dust settles.
      10-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #43
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Great write up and I'm thinking about how much I enjoyed the F80 on the track. It felt so complete despite growing and maturing. I am getting so close to locking one in for a lease.

Do you have 18s or 19s? I have 19s on the "is" and I'm in the 18 camp for the F80. Love the look, more contact for HPDE, and better ride for DD. Not to mention the potholes here have given me a few scares. Suggestion?

How is your car optioned? I plan on only adding M Suspension and DCT. Extended leather and Silverstone round it out. I'll add the Alcantara wheel later. Was the M exhaust a factory or dealer option?
Well just to be clear, that was not my F80 Just a car the dealership had in their lot. My salesman is awesome and he's pretty much let me drive all of the ones that were not sold, so I've driven these things quite a few times

As for the wheels, I'm very torn. I prefer the looks and weight of the 18s obviously. Plus knowing myself pretty well, it wouldn't be long before I started looking at aftermarket options. What's great about the 19s is that you are getting a forged wheel (so are the 18s), but you have the option to fit 275/295 on them. With the 18s, there are really not many choices. With the 19s, I could turn them into all season wheels if I want to, or put some Cup2's if I want to.

When I go to order mine, I plan on getting: Austin Yellow/Cloth/6MT/LED headlights/Maybe 19s. Very low optioned. The exhaust was port installed, and was a whopping $4900

Oh I also want to mention that I test drove an M4 with 19s and passive shocks and the car rode fine. It wasn't even remotely what I'd consider stiff personally, especially when you compare it to my E36 that's set on full stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
The 7 less inches in length makes a difference, especially when you drive them back-to-back or put them side-by-side, as I did with the M235i. The M2 looks stockier, more aggressive, is more nimble, and takes up less space. So there are 2 primary considerations: (1) smaller car and (2) at least $15K price difference.

There is definitely a lot gained for that $15K for the M3. I'm still indecisive too... I am more drawn to the M3, but the M2 just feels so "young and fun" like every day and every drive will be a hoot. Lastly...the M2 rear fenders are so good!
I'm not positive there will be a $15k difference between the M2 and M3, I think it'll be more like $10k. And that might not be considering you can get an M3 under MSRP if you do your homework.

And while I agree that the M2 flares look good (better than the M4 anyway), one just cannot ignore the crazy flares they decided to put on the F80. It blows both of them away

Ah, decisions decisions.

Quote:
Yeh, I am planning to go with my wife to the dealer and we are both going to drive a F80 and a M235i to see what works size wise. I could go either way right now after seeing the write up on the M2 first impressions recently posted in the M2 Discussion Forum.
That is the way to go, I'm telling you. Everyone on the fence about the M2 and M3 should definitely do that. When I drove the M3 and M235i back to back, I found the 2er to fit me "better". It's a very classic BMW driving experience IMHO. The reason I'm most likely sticking with the F80 is because I already have an E36, and that in itself is a very typical BMW driving experience.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #44
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I'm not positive there will be a $15k difference between the M2 and M3, I think it'll be more like $10k. And that might not be considering you can get an M3 under MSRP if you do your homework.

And while I agree that the M2 flares look good (better than the M4 anyway), one just cannot ignore the crazy flares they decided to put on the F80. It blows both of them away

Ah, decisions decisions.
You're killing me! For $10K the answer is kind of obvious. I need to go drive these cars again.
Appreciate 0