BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Remus Race with AA Midpipe Review (Video Clips)

12-05-2019, 03:53 PM   #23
Cannondale900
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C, '10 535ixT, '91 M5

Garage List
2023 X5 45e  [0.00]
2015 LR4 HSE Lux + HD  [0.00]
1965 Shelby Cobra 4 ...  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
1991 M5  [0.00]
2010 535ixT  [0.00]
After looking closer at some pictures of these Remus setups, it appears the valve location is further towards the rear of the car and the wires connected to the valve actuators are stretched a bit with some looking stretched the to point of being stressed. I'm concerned about exhaust movement while in motion and under forces causing issues with the wiring. Can anyone with first-hand experience comment on this?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 04:02 PM   #24
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale900 View Post
After looking closer at some pictures of these Remus setups, it appears the valve location is further towards the rear of the car and the wires connected to the valve actuators are stretched a bit with some looking stretched the to point of being stressed. I'm concerned about exhaust movement while in motion and under forces causing issues with the wiring. Can anyone with first-hand experience comment on this?
I answered your question in the other thread.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2021, 10:59 PM   #25
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

I know old post but does any of you get that setup ? Remus race with single midpipe ? I wanna hear come
Comment about it
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 09:43 AM   #26
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew30azs View Post
I know old post but does any of you get that setup ? Remus race with single midpipe ? I wanna hear come
Comment about it
Thats the most popular setup for our customers, check out the REMUS thread. I believe there were a few videos with the AA single midpipe

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 10:23 AM   #27
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Thats the most popular setup for our customers, check out the REMUS thread. I believe there were a few videos with the AA single midpipe
I checked all videos but videos doesn’t show exactly how it sounds I saw lot of o
People complain that setup is to loud for daily and that m2c its my daily .
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #28
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
I checked all videos but videos doesn’t show exactly how it sounds I saw lot of o
People complain that setup is to loud for daily and that m2c its my daily .
I don't think its too loud but you can always get the resonated EL instead, its much quieter than the single setup

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 02:20 PM   #29
ESB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Andrew perhaps you should consider getting just the equal length midpipe and keeping the stock rear section and stock downpipes.

You seem to be in a similar spot to where I was a couple months ago where all of the different options and combinations feel slightly confusing/overwhelming/no idea what to pick. And also being concerned about maybe being too loud when you're daily driving and not wanting to be obnoxious or draw a lot of attention to yourself.

I ended up going with just the EL midpipe because:

1. Everyone was raving about the fact that it changes S55 sound in ways that no other options do. So it felt like no matter what I chose to do with rear section (Remus, AA, Dinan, etc.) I would be getting the EL. So might as well just commit to EL

2. Because I was afraid of being obnoxious, I decided to start out by not replacing two things at once. Due to my thinking in #1 this led to starting with EL midpipe rather than starting with just a rear section.

3. It keeps the door open for replacing the rear section if I decide I want to do that in the future.

I'm glad with the decision. It was cheaper and it got me what I wanted. The car is not obnoxious when I daily drive it, but it really sings when I am gunning it and really wanting to have fun with the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 03:07 PM   #30
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESB View Post
Andrew perhaps you should consider getting just the equal length midpipe and keeping the stock rear section and stock downpipes.

You seem to be in a similar spot to where I was a couple months ago where all of the different options and combinations feel slightly confusing/overwhelming/no idea what to pick. And also being concerned about maybe being too loud when you're daily driving and not wanting to be obnoxious or draw a lot of attention to yourself.

1. Everyone was raving about the fact that it changes S55 sound in ways that no other options do. So it felt like no matter what I chose to do with rear section (Remus, AA, Dinan, etc.) I would be getting the EL. So might as well just commit to EL

2. Because I was afraid of being obnoxious, I decided to start out by not replacing two things at once. Due to my thinking in #1 this led to starting with EL midpipe rather than starting with just a rear section.

3. It keeps the door open for replacing the rear section if I decide I want to do that in the future.

I'm glad with the decision. It was cheaper and it got me what I wanted. The car is not obnoxious when I daily drive it, but it really sings when I am gunning it and really wanting to have fun with the car.

Thanks for your reply!

You’re right , definitely I want to buy rear section cause the stock muffler looks sucks even if I’m going to paint that diaper it still going to remind me how aweful looks that muffler . I already have the single midpipe from aa so now I don’t know if I should buy Remus race Or sport catback .

The third option it is just do a race catback without aa midpipe . M
So my concerns now are -

1. Just the race catback could be to quite or

2. Race catback plus aamidpipe could be to loud . Still can’t decide
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 04:36 PM   #31
ESB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
If I were in your position I'd probably do midpipe + sports remus. I'd be too worried about race being too loud. Plenty of people happy with sports version.

This is one of those things where I bet once you pick you'll be happy and never think about "what if I had gotten race version"
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 05:15 PM   #32
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
yes. it is a great combo. it can be loud on cold start but settles in after a few seconds. with the valves closed, they are pretty mild. with the valves open, they can be loud in city traffic or when driving aggressive. when cruising on the highway, there is no drone nor does it get overly loud (actually its just right - not too loud/not too soft).
Can you send me More videos ?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 07:21 PM   #33
kyubiii
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Can you send me More videos ?
You can try checking these out. It's with the AA single midpipe I believe.

M2 Competition Cold Start - Remus Sport Exhaust with AA Midpipe on YouTube

M2 Competition Revs - Remus Sport Exhaust with AA Midpipe on YouTube
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 07:46 PM   #34
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESB View Post

Thanks for your reply!

You’re right , definitely I want to buy rear section cause the stock muffler looks sucks even if I’m going to paint that diaper it still going to remind me how aweful looks that muffler . I already have the single midpipe from aa so now I don’t know if I should buy Remus race Or sport catback .

The third option it is just do a race catback without aa midpipe . M
So my concerns now are -

1. Just the race catback could be to quite or

2. Race catback plus aamidpipe could be to loud . Still can’t decide
If you haven't already take out the fuses for your valves, it makes a big difference in the the sound the car makes. In all modes.

I recently put the fuses back in because I moved into a tighter community, but the car just wasn't the same,, even with the valves "programmed" open it still didn't sound the nearly as good.

So needless to say they're back out..

The only time the car is somewhat obnoxious is on cold starts.

I also highly recommend driving with your back seat down.
Appreciate 0