BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Xpel/PPF and CF performance parts

03-07-2017, 03:28 PM   #23
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcen View Post
I'm actually having extreme colors apply xpel today and mine was the first one they had seen with the winglets. They think it shouldn't be a problem but calling today if any issues. So if your doing PCD then I would recommend them. They have been so great the entire time!
Did you have any issues with the installation of XPEL with front winglets already installed? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #24
alancshi
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbavar2 View Post
Did you have any issues with the installation of XPEL with front winglets already installed? Thanks!
Fwiw, my installer ended up wrapping only the outside of the winglets, and you can feel where it starts and stops. Because of the shape of the winglets, it's pretty unfortunate that the insides aren't covered, as I can easily see how that part can get chips from rocks and other debris.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #25
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
Do the headlights get film? Yes, the film goes on the headlights to help prevent pitting and damage

About how long should that take to install? To get a full front (full hood, full fenders, front bumper, headlights and mirrors) typically takes a full day. Drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon...some installers may ask for two days

Does it come as a kit or is the film cut to size by the installer?
Most installers have a plotter which runs an XPEL program that cuts the film to fit precisely on your vehicle. The program allows for full panel coverage with wrapped edges (where possible) so it provides a nearly seamless installation.

How long after application, can you drive the car at highway speeds?
You should be ready to go right from picking up the vehicle. Your installer will tell you to only hand wash the vehicle for a few days and avoid direct spray with a pressure washer if you wash your own vehicle after the allotted time has passed.
Just noticed that BMW CCA members get a 20% discount... Not sure if I have seen that mentioned very much in forums.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #26
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Just noticed that BMW CCA members get a 20% discount... Not sure if I have seen that mentioned very much in forums.
Yes, BMC CCA members get a 20% discount on merchandise, apparel, aftercare products and DIY products. The 20% discount unfortunately does not apply to installation or pre-cut kits of film.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #27
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, BMC CCA members get a 20% discount on merchandise, apparel, aftercare products and DIY products. The 20% discount unfortunately does not apply to installation or pre-cut kits of film.
Meh.. well now I know why it's not mentioned much.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 07:16 PM   #28
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Is anything similar offered for BMW Canada Car Club members? I'm interested in ordering some TracWrap.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #29
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Meh.. well now I know why it's not mentioned much.
Yes, unfortunately since the majority of our installer network is independently owned, we can't enforce the 20% discount towards installation
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2017, 09:13 AM   #30
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
Is anything similar offered for BMW Canada Car Club members? I'm interested in ordering some TracWrap.
Yes! If you call into our customer support and order the product they will be able to apply the 20% discount, although the item will most likely ship from the US
Appreciate 1
tux2005234.00