BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > *** M2 Competition (S55) support now available with bootmod3 ***

12-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #89
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare° View Post
I'm currently reflashing my car to stock after having installing the GTS transmission map. First of all: from the get go, the gear and shifting setting was no longer showing up when driven in auto mode (manageable).
Then suddenly, my car basically went into "limp mode": car couldn't surpass 3k and the gear shifter/paddles no longer gave me any response: I couldn't switch to manual mode, paddles didn't shift...
Any advise/recommendation?
Reach out to us at support@protuningfreaks.com and we'll look into it. At first glance it sounds basically like limp mode which goes away after restarting the car, i.e. unrelated to TCU flash and may need to see a datalog.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 05:28 PM   #90
FuliM4
Rep
Drives: BMW M2Competition Stage2+

Quote:
I'm currently reflashing my car to stock after having installing the GTS transmission map. First of all: from the get go, the gear and shifting setting was no longer showing up when driven in auto mode (manageable).
Then suddenly, my car basically went into "limp mode": car couldn't surpass 3k and the gear shifter/paddles no longer gave me any response: I couldn't switch to manual mode, paddles didn't shift...
Any advise/recommendation?
I have experienced the same thing after installing the GTS tcu software! ( I dont have bootmod3, so we tried to flash it via esys ) Couple of minutes after the flash, the gear level indicator dissapeared ( also in manual mode ) and no response from the paddles/shifter... It can be a compatibility problem with the M2C’s new digital dash !? But a forum member here ( Alfy ) had a succesfully gts tcu flash already, so really dont know why we have this problem... Any advice ?
Appreciate 1
Spare°257.50
      12-05-2018, 02:54 AM   #91
Alfy
Private
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuliM4 View Post
I have experienced the same thing after installing the GTS tcu software! ( I dont have bootmod3, so we tried to flash it via esys ) Couple of minutes after the flash, the gear level indicator dissapeared ( also in manual mode ) and no response from the paddles/shifter... It can be a compatibility problem with the M2C’s new digital dash !? But a forum member here ( Alfy ) had a succesfully gts tcu flash already, so really dont know why we have this problem... Any advice ?
That is so weird, I wonder why this is happening to you!!!
My car is working perfectly with the GTS TCU flash except for the display issue in auto mode.
On the contrary, I discovered that the stock TCU software on the BM3 database is the software for a stock M4 and not for a stock M2C. I realized it when switching back and forth between BM3 GTS and BM3 stock TCU, the gear display was still missing in auto mode despite flashing back the BM3 stock TCU software.
They are aware of this issue now, and they are going to update the stock TCU software on their database very soon.
Appreciate 4
Spare°257.50
CrazyK104.50
GerryM5249.50
      12-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #92
FuliM4
Rep
Drives: BMW M2Competition Stage2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfy View Post
My car is working perfectly with the GTS TCU flash except for the display issue in auto mode.
On the contrary, I discovered that the stock TCU software on the BM3 database is the software for a stock M4 and not for a stock M2C. I realized it when switching back and forth between BM3 GTS and BM3 stock TCU, the gear display was still missing in auto mode despite flashing back the BM3 stock TCU software.
They are aware of this issue now, and they are going to update the stock TCU software on their database very soon.
Tried 10 times today, after the first WOT acceleration, the gear level display dissapeared ( Manual mode ) and no response from the shifter/ paddles.

Fault code:

“ E12C76 Signal ( Daten Anzeige Getriebestrang , 0x3FD) ungültig. Sender EGS “
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 11:31 AM   #93
CrazyK
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfy View Post
same here.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 03:23 PM   #94
Spare°
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quick update on my situation: I just spent a couple of hours with Halim to reflash my car to stock and take care of the different error codes I received.

Lessons learned:
  • I have been advised against flashing the transmission. The new display doesn't match well with the tune. I'd highly recommend not doing it atm.
  • I have been advised to wait for the new maps coming out this or next week (OPF compatibility)
  • We both agreed that the guys from BM3 need to get on Macbook support Virtual Machine was a PITA
In general, BM3's support was prompt, professional and seems to have solved the issue. I would however advise OPF owners not to flash their cars for the time being and to stay away from the transmission tunes.
Feedback to BM3: communication on the availability of these maps for our M2Cs feels a bit early, as some bugs still need to be resolved.
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8679.50
      12-06-2018, 01:53 AM   #95
Alfy
Private
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Quick update on my situation: I just spent a couple of hours with Halim to reflash my car to stock and take care of the different error codes I received.

Lessons learned:
  • I have been advised against flashing the transmission. The new display doesn't match well with the tune. I'd highly recommend not doing it atm.
  • I have been advised to wait for the new maps coming out this or next week (OPF compatibility)
  • We both agreed that the guys from BM3 need to get on Macbook support Virtual Machine was a PITA
In general, BM3's support was prompt, professional and seems to have solved the issue. I would however advise OPF owners not to flash their cars for the time being and to stay away from the transmission tunes.
Feedback to BM3: communication on the availability of these maps for our M2Cs feels a bit early, as some bugs still need to be resolved.
Interesting, I would like to clarify that my car does not have the OPF filters, maybe that is why the GTS TCU flash is compatible with my car??
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 01:23 AM   #96
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CB E46 and SG E92 M3s

Garage List
Anyone running stage 2 with dp? Just me or does it continue to get faster for week or two? Is the car learning the tune or I'm just learning how to get the most out of it?
Appreciate 1
cobra2814112.00
      12-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #97
Spare°
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Lessons learned:
New update: OPF specific maps were made available last weekend, I believe.
I flashed CS+ map on Monday or Tuesday: tune works great. Haven't had any issues since. Stayed away from transmission flashes.
Car feels so much stronger from 3k onwards and 4k+ feels worlds apart to stock.

I have zero interest in stage 1 or 2, based on what I have now.
Appreciate 3
Karlosm2c290.50
akkando5860.00
m20e30871143.00
      12-19-2018, 01:04 PM   #98
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Guys, question...

What do we think is the sweet spot tune for this car? Especially when we look at Bootmod3 and their offering.

BM3 CS+ or BM3 CSL? Are there any particular features other than specific performance gains in these tunes?

I am looking into this and wondering what is the key decision to choose for a specific tune. Is it only performance or is there more to it that differentiates these four different available tunes for the M2C?

MR
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #99
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
I am still debating if I should wait till at least 10K miles, and have the service done and than get the BM3. I am aware of the warranty situation but just wanted the car to stretch its legs for several K miles before flashing.

What was everyones miles on the M2C, who already running BM3? And how's the car behaving so far?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 09:52 AM   #100
Proctor750
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
I am still debating if I should wait till at least 10K miles, and have the service done and than get the BM3. I am aware of the warranty situation but just wanted the car to stretch its legs for several K miles before flashing.

What was everyones miles on the M2C, who already running BM3? And how's the car behaving so far?
That seems like a smart decision as you will probably find any initial issues in that first 10k.

CS+ sounds like the ideal situation for anyone interested in tracking the car. It's more than the existing mechanical traction can handle but wheels/tires, camber plates and some OE style monoball additions should make it fantastic on track.

The only issue is the gigantic heavy 2NH brakes for US owners... Not sure we can sell them to re-coup to cash to buy AP racing or something since EVERYONE has them here.
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2018, 12:07 AM   #101
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

+1 for bootmod3

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 10:31 AM   #102
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Anyone flash their US spec M2c with manual transmission?

Any issues with shifting smoothly, etc?
Appreciate 2
      01-03-2019, 12:50 PM   #103
RafaVargas
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

Lessons learned:

I'm having the same problem with my car. However I'm not being able to flash it back to stock. I'm in contact with support but no solution so far.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 07:50 PM   #104
tokki
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Anyone flash their US spec M2c with manual transmission?

Any issues with shifting smoothly, etc?
Also curious. We haven't had any updates here in awhile. Are all known bugs fixed?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 07:54 PM   #105
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Has the GTS software issue been fixed yet?
      01-13-2019, 09:53 PM   #106
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Has the GTS software issue been fixed yet?
Mine has been working perfectly.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2019, 08:08 AM   #107
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
Nice; how does it compare and do you like it?
      01-14-2019, 11:05 AM   #108
b18flip
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 328i xdrive

Haven't tried changing the DTC tune but I have
The GTS map in with just drop in filters and all-season tires here in CT. No issues to speak of just traction issues Hahahaha. I have it reduced 20% and 10% 1st and 2nd and it takes off like a bat out of hell not even 100% throttle.
Love it!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 05:47 PM   #109
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Quote:
Nice; how does it compare and do you like it?
I didn't have a lot of miles on when I did it. But in comparison it is ridicules. If only my e46 turbo had a responsive mid range like this. I love it! I had DPs installed and went STG2 with GTS and burbles. This was directly after break in service. It burns out in third. I enjoy pulling up to mustangs and camaros and doing third gear burn outs and machine gunning them in my tire smoke with my exhaust. 😁 I'm doing intakes, charcoal delete, and hot/cold charge pipes tomorrow. After that doing custom unresonated mid pipe fashioned after aa pipe with a dump valve. That will give me an additional mode I will dub as "race mode". Next up is turbo upgrade and we will see how clutch holds up.
Appreciate 2
      01-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #110
tokki
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I didn't have a lot of miles on when I did it. But in comparison it is ridicules. If only my e46 turbo had a responsive mid range like this. I love it! I had DPs installed and went STG2 with GTS and burbles. This was directly after break in service. It burns out in third. I enjoy pulling up to mustangs and camaros and doing third gear burn outs and machine gunning them in my tire smoke with my exhaust. 😁 I'm doing intakes, charcoal delete, and hot/cold charge pipes tomorrow. After that doing custom unresonated mid pipe fashioned after aa pipe with a dump valve. That will give me an additional mode I will dub as "race mode". Next up is turbo upgrade and we will see how clutch holds up.
Are you 6MT or DCT? That sounds like a lot of fun.
Appreciate 0