BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C Recall + Rattle sound on idle

04-19-2019, 04:59 AM   #1
Aim.F32
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

M2C Recall + Rattle sound on idle

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all having a good start to your Easter weekend.

Just spoke to BMW UK customer service and they have notified me that there are two outstanding recalls on the car, one for the rear lights & the other for tyre pressure (not sure what exactly)

Secondly, I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid but my car is making a rattling sound after start up, understand the engine is still cold but it was still rattling after a 5min drive when I pulled over. The car has only done roughly 4700 miles. Anyone hearing anything similar? Will try get a clip of it & does anyone know if checks like this come under warranty, etc?
      04-19-2019, 05:45 AM   #2
Bobdaxx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 2018 MT

rattle-bet its a lose exhaust hanger-start her up and look under the exhaust-check to see if one of those hangers is vibrating

and in my experience, EVERYTHING is under warranty b4 your miles/years are up
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 05:57 AM   #3
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim.F32 View Post
Hi everyone,

Just spoke to BMW UK customer service and they have notified me that there are two outstanding recalls on the car, one for the rear lights & the other for tyre pressure (not sure what exactly)

Secondly, I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid but my car is making a rattling sound after start up, understand the engine is still cold but it was still rattling after a 5min drive when I pulled over. The car has only done roughly 4700 miles. Anyone hearing anything similar? Will try get a clip of it & does anyone know if checks like this come under warranty, etc?
Sort of, holiday chores to do...

The tyre pressure thing is the door jamb label has a typo/ error on it and needs replacing. Be interested to know what the light issue is?

What made you speak to CS? They dont seem to be "recalls" or we'd have a letter about it. More like low prority pending fixes whenever it's next in for work.

Any rattles just take it in if it bothers you. Is it at idle only?

But in my experience rattles usually get worse after the muppets have f##ked about and broken something else / damaged the car etc.

Last edited by doughboy; 04-19-2019 at 06:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 05:58 AM   #4
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I just checked, and there are zero recalls open on my M2C.
      04-19-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
Aim.F32
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post

The tyre pressure thing is the door jamb label has a typo/ error on it and needs replacing. Be interested to know what the light issue is?

What made you speak to CS? They dont seem to be "recalls" or we'd have a letter about it. More like low prority pending fixes whenever it's next in for work.

But in my experience rattles usually get worse after the muppets have f##ked about and broken something else / damaged the car etc.
Called them to ask about if checking the rattle is covered by warranty (first new car so wanted to query). Don't want to pay BMW to check something on a new car...

Yeah when it idles, I'm going to try it again and see if it rattles even after warm up
      04-19-2019, 07:33 AM   #6
Aim.F32
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
I just checked, and there are zero recalls open on my M2C.
Might be a UK/Europe thing, I didn't get a letter just called CS to find out about warranty stuff and he told me that on the phone.
      04-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #7
Ftpohyeah
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 X3 M Competition  [0.00]
2024 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Quote:
Hi everyone,

What PSI does it say for you?
Im US '19 and my stick says 35 psi for Front and Rear
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
evolved///M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 F87 M2C, had 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Quite possible could be the wastegate rattle, in which case it will be considered "normal".
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #9
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dude the M-performance is going to be very stiff on this car. Let us know how it feels.

My 335i with M-perf feels more rigid and stiff compared to M2C but M2C has better rebound when hitting dips/bumps/undulations.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 08:48 PM   #10
Inuyasha
“One finds limits by pushing them”
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftpohyeah View Post
What PSI does it say for you?
Im US '19 and my stick says 35 psi for Front and Rear
+1 mine has the same. I think 35 is accurate.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 02:08 AM   #11
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

I think the pressure issue is to do with the winter tyre ratings on the sticker or something?

M///houbi on here mentioned it.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 04:50 AM   #12
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Jupp. Got a new tyre/pressure sticker as well as a dme update on my last visit to install the m performance suspension.

Here you have the new sticker:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Aim.F32301.50
      04-29-2019, 05:14 AM   #13
Aim.F32
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the response guys, I've booked in my car to be checked next week!
Appreciate 0