BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Akrapovic BMW M2 Competition Exhaust Now Available to Pre-order

04-08-2019, 04:02 AM   #89
Dermator
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ41BIG View Post
Arrived!

I'm verry happy with my decision to put my money on Akrapovic....nice sound, great look!!!

Is that the m-performance spoiler? Does the gloss carbon finish match well with Akrapovic?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 03:08 PM   #90
CJ41BIG
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ41BIG View Post
Arrived!

I'm verry happy with my decision to put my money on Akrapovic....nice sound, great look!!!

Is that the m-performance spoiler? Does the gloss carbon finish match well with Akrapovic?

Yes, it is m performance and it fits very well with akrapovic.... are "from the same movie" as an aspect of the material (gloss carbon)and as lines-curves both.

I think the rear diffuser akrapovic fits perfect with spoiler, lateral wings and front lip m performance....I paid to belive))
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2019, 07:20 AM   #91
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpw View Post
Next week
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism View Post
When are you getting installed????
Well?? Lol
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #92
M2GT
Private
Rep

Tomorrow!!! I'll let you know as soon as I put it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism View Post
Well?? Lol
Appreciate 1
mhanism277.00
      04-16-2019, 06:50 AM   #93
TSullivanM
Rep
Drives: 320 GT

Will this system replace the large ugly original muffler?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #94
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSullivanM View Post
Will this system replace the large ugly original muffler?
Yes any aftermarket slip-on system does!

MR
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #95
Bloodynine
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

I just got the Akraprovic slipon fitted last week at Litchfield Motors along with the sound kit and diffuser. Thanks to Marc and Klaas at Beek Auto Racing for the sorting out the exhaust.

I was initially worried that it would be too quiet as my car has the OPFs but I can happily confirm that with only the slipon and the sound kit opening the valves the car sounds 100x better! Of course it also looks 100x better as well with the slipon and diffuser fitted (No more cows udder)!

It’s actually made me love my car even more as I felt it was missing character by not having a performance cars sound track! It now just feels more aggressive due to the sound and I’ve been driving around with the windows open in the cold UK weather just to hear it lol!

I also have to say that unfortunately none of the video recordings I have seen online do it any justice (I also tried recording it myself on my iPhone which sucked). In all the videos it sounds much more raspy than it actually is - in real life it sounds deeper with more bass. The burbles can be a bit much in sport + but this is BMWs tune and not the exhaust (all performance exhausts will have this ‘feature’ on this car as they are louder).

Yes it is expensive but when it arrives and you open up the box you have to appreciate why: A) Quality - the quality, workmanship and fitment is simply outstanding! (You could just mount it on your wall and display it as a feature it’s so good) B) Weight - it weighs nothing! (I struggled carrying the OEM cows udder once it was removed whereas I could lift the Akraprovic easily) C) Presentation - all the packaging and instructions are top notch and very professional D) Proven power gains - as far as I’m aware most exhaust manufacturers do not publish power gains or carry out real dyno testing during development whereas Akraprovic does.

I also have the link pipe to install but am waiting for the OPF delete solution to become available. Once I have had it installed I will report back the difference between the slipon only and slipon plus link pipe.
Appreciate 2
M2GT120.00
Jarran10.50
      04-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #96
M2GT
Private
Rep

I can't agree with you more. I love my car so much more now. Like you I don't even want to post sound clips cuz it sounds way different irl. Once you install the linkpipe it will go up another level! MR also suggest to bypass ASD for the complete experience, so that's my next step. Congrats and enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodynine View Post
I just got the Akraprovic slipon fitted last week at Litchfield Motors along with the sound kit and diffuser. Thanks to Marc and Klaas at Beek Auto Racing for the sorting out the exhaust.

I was initially worried that it would be too quiet as my car has the OPFs but I can happily confirm that with only the slipon and the sound kit opening the valves the car sounds 100x better! Of course it also looks 100x better as well with the slipon and diffuser fitted (No more cows udder)!

It’s actually made me love my car even more as I felt it was missing character by not having a performance cars sound track! It now just feels more aggressive due to the sound and I’ve been driving around with the windows open in the cold UK weather just to hear it lol!

I also have to say that unfortunately none of the video recordings I have seen online do it any justice (I also tried recording it myself on my iPhone which sucked). In all the videos it sounds much more raspy than it actually is - in real life it sounds deeper with more bass. The burbles can be a bit much in sport + but this is BMWs tune and not the exhaust (all performance exhausts will have this ‘feature’ on this car as they are louder).

Yes it is expensive but when it arrives and you open up the box you have to appreciate why: A) Quality - the quality, workmanship and fitment is simply outstanding! (You could just mount it on your wall and display it as a feature it’s so good) B) Weight - it weighs nothing! (I struggled carrying the OEM cows udder once it was removed whereas I could lift the Akraprovic easily) C) Presentation - all the packaging and instructions are top notch and very professional D) Proven power gains - as far as I’m aware most exhaust manufacturers do not publish power gains or carry out real dyno testing during development whereas Akraprovic does.

I also have the link pipe to install but am waiting for the OPF delete solution to become available. Once I have had it installed I will report back the difference between the slipon only and slipon plus link pipe.
Appreciate 1
mhanism277.00
      04-20-2019, 12:43 AM   #97
Quietmind
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Finally got my car back with the Akrapovic exhaust and link pipe installed. The shop did a great job and commented on how easy and well the installation went. Shocking how much the stock system weighs too. The installing shop had a professional video crew document the installation and I will post a link to it as soon as they post it online. I could not be happier with the sound; both in how tame it is in “valves closed” mode and how deep and lively it sounds when they’re open. I’ve had the ASD coded off since I bought the car last October and the difference from stock to Akrapovic is hard to overstate. It is a pricey upgrade but it absolutely exudes quality in every way. It’s a beautiful system and I’m very satisfied with it all around. Thank you Marc for helping make it possible.

I can not discern any drone after trying to elicit it during an hour of testing. No dyno testing was done pre or post install. I’d be lying if I said it feels any quicker, but the sound is fantastic. Some people don’t care about how their car sounds, but it adds a lot to the experience for me. The recordings I’ve listened to do not capture the low frequencies that are felt inside (and obviously outside) the car.
Appreciate 1
mhanism277.00
      04-20-2019, 12:58 AM   #98
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:

It's actually made me love my car even more as I felt it was missing character by not having a performance cars sound track! It now just feels more aggressive due to the sound and I've been driving around with the windows open in the cold UK weather just to hear it lol!

I also have to say that unfortunately none of the video recordings I have seen online do it any justice (I also tried recording it myself on my iPhone which sucked). In all the videos it sounds much more raspy than it actually is - in real life it sounds deeper with more bass. The burbles can be a bit much in sport + but this is BMWs tune and not the exhaust (all performance exhausts will have this 'feature' on this car as they are louder).

Yes it is expensive but when it arrives and you open up the box you have to appreciate why: A) Quality - the quality, workmanship and fitment is simply outstanding! (You could just mount it on your wall and display it as a feature it's so good) B) Weight - it weighs nothing! (I struggled carrying the OEM cows udder once it was removed whereas I could lift the Akraprovic easily) C) Presentation - all the packaging and instructions are top notch and very professional D) Proven power gains - as far as I'm aware most exhaust manufacturers do not publish power gains or carry out real dyno testing during development whereas Akraprovic does.

Collection day for me mate!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-20-2019, 01:35 AM   #99
Bloodynine
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
Ooooo exciting

You will be pleased for sure - like I said in my post just with the slipon it’s MUCH better so with the OPFs removed by installing the link pipe I reckon it will sound amazing!

When are you collecting the car - I’m back up there again next week.
Appreciate 1
M2C_PLUS1774.00
      04-20-2019, 01:43 AM   #100
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
Ooooo exciting

You will be pleased for sure - like I said in my post just with the slipon it’s MUCH better so with the OPFs removed by installing the link pipe I reckon it will sound amazing!

When are you collecting the car - I’m back up there again next week.
In about an hour!
Appreciate 1
mhanism277.00
      04-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #101
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Can't wait to see the video! And please share any pictures!!
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #102
Tanckx
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition HS 2019

Does anyone know if the slip-on is legal in Belgium? Also any idea about price here?
Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #103
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanckx View Post
Does anyone know if the slip-on is legal in Belgium? Also any idea about price here?
Thanks for the help!
Yes it is! It is fully homologated and you can fit it without any problems. Prices are:

- Slip-on Line exhaust and tailpipe set -> 4707,00 EUR including 21% VAT
- Linkpipe with Bluetooth sound kit -> 2359,50 EUR including 21% VAT
- Bluetooth sound kit, only in combination with the slip-on -> 665,50 EUR including 21% VAT
- Carbon fiber rear diffuser (matte) -> 1222,00 EUR including 21% VAT
- Carbon fiber rear diffuser (glossy) -> 1419,50 EUR including 21% VAT
- Catless downpipes -> 1475,50 EUR including 21% VAT

MR
Appreciate 1
Harroldv125.00