BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Things that annoy you at the gym

01-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #2201
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

seems like the New Year Resolutioner's are starting to dwindle down. the good thing none of the hottie chicks have quit!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 04:29 PM   #2202
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Probably been stated before. But what in the FUCK is wrong with imbeciles who can't put dumbells in the correct spot they came from? I'll sit here and wait for any logical response.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 04:59 PM   #2203
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
Probably been stated before. But what in the FUCK is wrong with imbeciles who can't put dumbells in the correct spot they came from? I'll sit here and wait for any logical response.
Some people like to work hard. This means working till failure. After failure you can't lift those anymore, obviously. The only logical thing is to go grab another pair of slightly lighter dumbells and repeat.

I'm sorry that you don't work as hard as some others.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 05:05 PM   #2204
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Some people like to work hard. This means working till failure. After failure you can't lift those anymore, obviously. The only logical thing is to go grab another pair of slightly lighter dumbells and repeat.

I'm sorry that you don't work as hard as some others.
Lol bravo.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 05:29 PM   #2205
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 05:35 PM   #2206
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

What failure point are you reaching, with a single dumbbell, out by the Jacuzzi????

You staying warm out there Hawkeye ?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 10:54 PM   #2207
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
It’s called not giving a fuck.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 01:16 AM   #2208
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
It’s called not giving a fuck.
Love it. This was the response I was looking for. Well done my guy.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 10:24 PM   #2209
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Just love the idiots who just sit in their damn car with the headlights on parked right next to one of the gym walls. Why I'm annoyed by this is this particular wall is all window/glass from the ground up to half the height of the wall. Along this wall are parking spots for cars where the parked cars are literally about 2 feet away from the window.

So these fools that just sit there with their cars idling and headlights on are beaming us in the gym. And if the car is parked in some spots, the headlights would hit the mirrors along the free weight area further causing issues as the beam of light is being reflected by the mirrors. Some chick after working out tonight decided to sit in her car for a few minutes while blinding us in the gym. I wanted to walk outside and smash her headlights.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      02-05-2019, 07:08 AM   #2210
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

^ that would piss me off, have some damn courtesy.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #2211
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Just love the idiots who just sit in their damn car with the headlights on parked right next to one of the gym walls. Why I'm annoyed by this is this particular wall is all window/glass from the ground up to half the height of the wall. Along this wall are parking spots for cars where the parked cars are literally about 2 feet away from the window.

So these fools that just sit there with their cars idling and headlights on are beaming us in the gym. And if the car is parked in some spots, the headlights would hit the mirrors along the free weight area further causing issues as the beam of light is being reflected by the mirrors. Some chick after working out tonight decided to sit in her car for a few minutes while blinding us in the gym. I wanted to walk outside and smash her headlights.
Those people are assholes, but that is also a very poorly designed gym. Whoever designed that should be kicked in the face.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #2212
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Yep. The gym is poorly designed. Makes me wonder if there was something else here before the gym was stood up in this commercial space. But unfortunately, unless they get rid of those parking spaces, we're stuck with dealing with these inconsiderate people.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #2213
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

My gym has a full size pool so high schoolers practice there daily. I usually am done work around 2:30-3:30 so that puts me at the gym around half hour later which just so happens match up with the practice times of the swimmers half the time. Only one locker room that allows you to change which is shared by the swimmers.... They always fucking soak the floors not to mention im not all to fond of being surrounded by highschoolers in their fucking speedos.... just an awkward situation. That pool must be filthy, they're always taking shits barefoot(this in general grosses me out) prior to getting in that pool.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 02:18 PM   #2214
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Mine is in a similar generic warehouse building. The line of windows that get the high beams from cars are highly tinted.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 03:04 PM   #2215
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

I learned a long time ago that early morning workouts were best for me. I'm at the gym between 3:30am-4:00am each morning. Been doing that for the last 10+ years.

I don't sleep that much anyway, and only the hardcore or idiots (like me) are around at that time.

So I get to avoid a lot of these issues you read about on here thank God!
Appreciate 1
Hawkeye2069.50
      02-05-2019, 03:04 PM   #2216
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
My gym has a full size pool so high schoolers practice there daily. I usually am done work around 2:30-3:30 so that puts me at the gym around half hour later which just so happens match up with the practice times of the swimmers half the time. Only one locker room that allows you to change which is shared by the swimmers.... They always fucking soak the floors not to mention im not all to fond of being surrounded by highschoolers in their fucking speedos.... just an awkward situation. That pool must be filthy, they're always taking shits barefoot(this in general grosses me out) prior to getting in that pool.
hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 05:19 PM   #2217
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
What failure point are you reaching, with a single dumbbell, out by the Jacuzzi????

You staying warm out there Hawkeye ?
I just got myself unthawed. This 10,000 KB swing workout is kicking my butt.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 09:54 PM   #2218
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Gym was freakin' packed tonight! I don't get how some of these guys can get a decent workout when there's 5 of them all working out together? I timed it. On the flat bech press soon as one guy finishes they adjust the weight for the next guy which took about 10-15 sec. Than after he finished the 3rd guy would jump in while the other guys again would adjust the weight accordingly. After the 5th guy completed his set it was back to the first guy which basically 10 minutes probably went by? That's 10 freakin' minutes between sets

The other thing I dunno if you guys consider it annoying are guys who are big...and I don't mean like muscle big or even fluffy but act like their big by sticking out their chest and lift their arms up as if they have huge lats? I find it freakin' funny
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 05:51 AM   #2219
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Gym was freakin' packed tonight! I don't get how some of these guys can get a decent workout when there's 5 of them all working out together? I timed it. On the flat bech press soon as one guy finishes they adjust the weight for the next guy which took about 10-15 sec. Than after he finished the 3rd guy would jump in while the other guys again would adjust the weight accordingly. After the 5th guy completed his set it was back to the first guy which basically 10 minutes probably went by? That's 10 freakin' minutes between sets

The other thing I dunno if you guys consider it annoying are guys who are big...and I don't mean like muscle big or even fluffy but act like their big by sticking out their chest and lift their arms up as if they have huge lats? I find it freakin' funny
Anything over 2 people is a pain in the ass, but even then I prefer working out alone. No clue what is going through half of these idiots heads during their workouts, probably just there for the social aspect of it (the part I hate lol).

One chick at my gym does this, but she's actually pretty muscular. Definitely adjusting her hormones haha.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2019, 06:30 AM   #2220
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
We call that "Suitcase Syndrome" at my gym.

They walk around like they are carrying heavy suitcases and trying to balance them.
      02-07-2019, 06:26 PM   #2221
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

This thread for some reason has me observing people everytime I work out lol. Before this thread I could give two chits what people do. Two things that literally annoyed me tonight at the gym. First one was when I was in the bathroom this guy was taking a crap and walked out of the bathroom without washing his effing hands. Than I see him high fiving his buddies as he's picking up dumbbells

The second incident was this new year resolutioner guy tapped me on the shoulder and said something to me during the middle of my set. Because I had my headset on I couldn't hear what he said? I said "excuse me?" He said "why do you look so serious?" I said "cause I'm in the zone! I'm here to workout and not really chit chat." So he goes on and starts talking about random shit? So I try to be courteous and say "Cool!" but at the same time hoping he catches the hint when he sees me sliding my headphones back on. So annoying. Hopefully I didn't come off as a dick
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      02-07-2019, 06:55 PM   #2222
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
This thread for some reason has me observing people everytime I work out lol. Before this thread I could give two chits what people do. Two things that literally annoyed me tonight at the gym. First one was when I was in the bathroom this guy was taking a crap and walked out of the bathroom without washing his effing hands. Than I see him high fiving his buddies as he's picking up dumbbells
I think we've reached the point in civilization where soap has existed for a long enough period of time that we start taking these people out back, seriously. We need to all start hollering at these people, make a scene, be a dick.. w/e but call them out on not washing their hands and call them disgusting animals. SHAAAAAAAME!
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 3