BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > M2C Front Lip for M2

01-26-2020, 02:11 AM   #1
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

M2C Front Lip for M2

AutoID was working this and now the thread is deleted. What happened?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 02:26 AM   #2
just blaze
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
AutoID was working this and now the thread is deleted. What happened?
I was wondering the same thing. Couldn't find it either :
      01-26-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

I reached out to AutoID, the thread was deleted because they aren't a sponsor here. They said the lip is still being made and they will have another update in a week or so.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 06:19 PM   #4
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Shame the thread was deleted, was a lot of good conversation/info in there

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #5
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosely View Post
Shame the thread was deleted, was a lot of good conversation/info in there
I missed a part of the message they sent me. AutoID said they are working it out so the thread should be reinstated.

Frankly, I think it's sad it was deleted in the first place. The forums should be here to serve the community. To facilitate discussion and bring people together. And mods should help protect that. AutoID stepped up and fulfilled a need for the OG M2 owners when no one else would. So it really hurts that the thread was deleted due to a money issue. They told me they had asked to be a sponsor too, so maybe there is some conflict I'm unaware of. I think whatever it is, isn't something I need to be concerned about or involved in.

I get that the forums have to be paid for somehow, but to silence a good company that came in to help us. That doesn't sit right with me. It feels to me like the mods let down the community's interests here by deleting it. It's not like AutoID was marketing their product to us, they were coming in when we asked for updates.

Unfortunately I think this is just how things work here. And there is really nothing I can do to stop it. I know there have been other threads deleted that I've been involved in in my time being here.

If the thread doesn't get reinstated, I'll post updates here on the lip if I get any, and hope my comments won't be deleted. I'm not affiliated with AutoID in any way, so I assume it's okay for me to make posts. I don't see how that's different than the one guy making a thread about the Spool fuel pumps.

I just don't want anyone else to worry like I did when I went looking for the thread. If anyone else is as excited as me about getting this lip, it really sucks to see a thread disappear and worry if it's still being made or not. Not knowing who to reach out to or how. Like I couldn't even remember any of the names of users that were involved in that thread, so I had no one I could reach out to. I barely even remembered it was AutoID that was making it and was only because I remember seeing them post a picture of it on there Instagram story that I remembered them...

Last edited by Anthony1s; 01-26-2020 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2020, 07:45 PM   #6
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

I was in that thread and on the waitlist as well...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 06:57 PM   #7
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
I missed a part of the message they sent me. AutoID said they are working it out so the thread should be reinstated.

Frankly, I think it's sad it was deleted in the first place. The forums should be here to serve the community. To facilitate discussion and bring people together. And mods should help protect that. AutoID stepped up and fulfilled a need for the OG M2 owners when no one else would. So it really hurts that the thread was deleted due to a money issue. They told me they had asked to be a sponsor too, so maybe there is some conflict I'm unaware of. I think whatever it is, isn't something I need to be concerned about or involved in.

I get that the forums have to be paid for somehow, but to silence a good company that came in to help us. That doesn't sit right with me. It feels to me like the mods let down the community's interests here by deleting it. It's not like AutoID was marketing their product to us, they were coming in when we asked for updates.

Unfortunately I think this is just how things work here. And there is really nothing I can do to stop it. I know there have been other threads deleted that I've been involved in in my time being here.

If the thread doesn't get reinstated, I'll post updates here on the lip if I get any, and hope my comments won't be deleted. I'm not affiliated with AutoID in any way, so I assume it's okay for me to make posts. I don't see how that's different than the one guy making a thread about the Spool fuel pumps.

I just don't want anyone else to worry like I did when I went looking for the thread. If anyone else is as excited as me about getting this lip, it really sucks to see a thread disappear and worry if it's still being made or not. Not knowing who to reach out to or how. Like I couldn't even remember any of the names of users that were involved in that thread, so I had no one I could reach out to. I barely even remembered it was AutoID that was making it and was only because I remember seeing them post a picture of it on there Instagram story that I remembered them...
Agree with you and I think it decreases innovation. If a company wants to make a new product or get feedback on an upcoming design, then they would have to pay to join as a sponsor before making said product?

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 02:30 AM   #8
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M240i, F87 M2, E36

Hey guys! We're back, and so it the thread. Disaster avoided.
Appreciate 2
nioh_lbbm21716.50