BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > The Emulator Control Unit (ECM) - Product DEAD

10-08-2019, 02:36 PM   #23
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
This.
No worries, I have never paid when it was a warranty. I had numerous really expensive issues with Bimmers or MINIs and my cars were always altered!

Never ever an issue, always warranty. From steering racks (when lowered) to injector replacements (with other exhaust fitted). You name it and I have had it covered by warranty.

Of course, the moment I had my engine completely rebuild I did not get warranty on that anymore, but they fixed my navigation system under warranty without any difficulties.

Maybe Italy is different for you guys, but the dealers I worked with have been fine with warranty cases.

But let's go back to the main topic on hand

MR
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 08:16 AM   #24
will164
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Is the ECM now available for the M2 Competition?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 12:31 PM   #25
Talx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by will164 View Post
Is the ECM now available for the M2 Competition?
I trued ordering it from Manhart because it is listed on there aute specifically for the M2 Competition, but I got an email telling me it is not ready yet :

Also some one mentioned the 400 € price tag, that's actually only for the valve control, if you add the OPF delete and cat Delete the price jumps to 700 €
Which I guess is an extremely high price all considered.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 03:42 AM   #26
beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
That is bullsh*t. All the cars I ever owned had aftermarket systems I never had any dealer complaining about warranty. They all allowed it.

The only thing I did not have is factory warranty on the exhaust. Give me a dealer that tells me that I can't have warranty on something else because I changed the exhaust.

MR
Sweden. Had a valvetronic failure.
BMW Northern said "you have a pipe where there should be a resonator, warrenty voided". Nothing else was changed. They even downloaded whole ECU to check for tune and high sensor values. Car was clean.

Local BMW was shocked as those two have nothing to do with eachother.

Guess its different from country to country.

On a sidenote: I think this product is a very good option to those who can change whole dp and back. I wouldnt cut the OEM exhaust it under warrenty. I would however go full downpipe and back and use this product, then restore it to original in case of warrenty issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 04:01 AM   #27
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beMtroubleYou View Post
Quote:
That is bullsh*t. All the cars I ever owned had aftermarket systems I never had any dealer complaining about warranty. They all allowed it.

The only thing I did not have is factory warranty on the exhaust. Give me a dealer that tells me that I can't have warranty on something else because I changed the exhaust.

MR
Sweden. Had a valvetronic failure.
BMW Northern said "you have a pipe where there should be a resonator, warrenty voided". Nothing else was changed. They even downloaded whole ECU to check for tune and high sensor values. Car was clean.

Local BMW was shocked as those two have nothing to do with eachother.

Guess its different from country to country.

On a sidenote: I think this product is a very good option to those who can change whole dp and back. I wouldnt cut the OEM exhaust it under warrenty. I would however go full downpipe and back and use this product, then restore it to original in case of warrenty issue.
If you want to change the dp you have to have a secondary lambda disabled due to the new cat converter position ( or maybe cat delete).

The story is short. Warranty is for Toyotas,but if you want to keep it then leave the car stock.

Of course if you have a car tuned and the window stops working they will honor that part of the warranty
      12-22-2019, 09:00 AM   #28
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Finally an update from my end on this matter.

Testing for the M2C has been ongoing the last months and bugs have not all been fixed.

It is a pain in the ass for the developer to fix it, so we moved on and were contacted by a new supplier who has another solution.

More on this solution really soon. I have it in my hands tomorrow and the supplier says it work on the M2C.

I think I will have it installed and then we will see what it does.

MR
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 05:34 PM   #29
Dutch Devotion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80M3 - M2 comp ETA 14.10.2019

AK ?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 06:24 AM   #30
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Devotion View Post
AK ?
Nope not AK, solution by a Dutch company. AK's solution won't work anymore if BMW changes their ECU software in the future, something we have seen with other manufacturers already.

This new solution is a hardware option that replaces the existing OPF sensors. Totally different set up, and way more fail safe for future developments.

MR
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #31
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
All right, I'm sick of waiting, I'm gonna remap my ecu.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 02:22 PM   #32
Dutch Devotion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80M3 - M2 comp ETA 14.10.2019

ok interesting !!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #33
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
i was waiting for this....
Appreciate 1
VIERsr2620.50
      12-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #34
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yep, tell me about it! BMW did not make this easy, annoyingly... For the S55 it is a one major pain in the backside. If you have a B58, it is ready. Way easier!

Frustrations are all around. From the developers to the clients... We all want to get it to work, but it is not proving to be easy. I am dealing with this already for a year now, and I am annoyed as well. We need a solution that works.

MR
Appreciate 1
VIERsr2620.50
      12-26-2019, 01:06 PM   #35
CSL335i
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: M2 and...

Quote:
Yep, tell me about it! BMW did not make this easy, annoyingly... For the S55 it is a one major pain in the backside. If you have a B58, it is ready. Way easier!

Frustrations are all around. From the developers to the clients... We all want to get it to work, but it is not proving to be easy. I am dealing with this already for a year now, and I am annoyed as well. We need a solution that works.

MR
How do you mean that B58 is ready and way easier?
I also have a z4 m40i eu spec with OPF in the downpipe and considering
to use a 300cell HJS sport downpipe (without ECU remapping).
During inspection of the car, we have found only one pressure outlet for pressure sensor coming from the downpipe after the OPF. If the car has only one pressure outlet/sensor and it is located after the OPF, then the OPF may sorted out, because one pressure sensor can sees only the backpressure after the OPF. Maybe there is another pressure outlet/sensor, which we could not find until now :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 08:19 AM   #36
AK-Motion
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, 335xi

Quote:
Nope not AK, solution by a Dutch company. AK's solution won't work anymore if BMW changes their ECU software in the future, something we have seen with other manufacturers already.

MR
This is absolute nonsense that you are telling here.
Please stay with the truth.

Thanks,
Alex
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 03:59 AM   #37
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Motion View Post
Quote:

MR
This is absolute nonsense that you are telling here.
Please stay with the truth.

Thanks,
Alex
My apologies Alex for that statement. From what I have been explained, I stand and stood by the truth when it comes to Can bus solutions, but if I have been incorrectly told how your solution works then please feel free to share here how the AK Motion display deals with the OPF delete and safe guards future updates of the ECU software.

The stage is yours... More than happy to learn more about this and correct my sources accordingly on this matter while also informing the people here that the display is one of three solutions now, which I will push in the direction of the many people that ask me for a solution every week.

MR
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 08:31 AM   #38
AK-Motion
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, 335xi

The AK-Motion DataDisplay solution is not a can-bus only solution, it is a mix of real values and can-bus.

That's why it does not matter which ECU Software is installed (ok, it may be that the Display needs an update after some changes of BMW).
That means, the DataDisplay solution works, and will also work in future, we should have the mapping of the OPF updates before BMW rolls out the update for the cars, so it should be always prepared.

I am sure there will be more solutions in future, at the moment the S55 solution with the DataDisplay works, B58 needs to be tested but should also be no problem.

It is less hard than expected but the OPF mapping data is very imortant because it is easy to have no error but the car starts the regeneration in case of just a little wrong value.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2019, 02:57 PM   #39
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Great news! Thanks, Alex.

Feel free to share more details and information about where people can get your solution.

As soon as I know more about other solutions, I will share them here. I will chase up some people after New Year.

MR
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 03:12 PM   #40
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Motion View Post
The AK-Motion DataDisplay solution is not a can-bus only solution, it is a mix of real values and can-bus.

That's why it does not matter which ECU Software is installed (ok, it may be that the Display needs an update after some changes of BMW).
That means, the DataDisplay solution works, and will also work in future, we should have the mapping of the OPF updates before BMW rolls out the update for the cars, so it should be always prepared.

I am sure there will be more solutions in future, at the moment the S55 solution with the DataDisplay works, B58 needs to be tested but should also be no problem.

It is less hard than expected but the OPF mapping data is very imortant because it is easy to have no error but the car starts the regeneration in case of just a little wrong value.
Can't wait to buy a DataDisplay for my M2C; patiently waiting!!
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2020, 03:39 AM   #41
Talx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

Feel free to share more details and information about where people can get your solution.

As soon as I know more about other solutions, I will share them here. I will chase up some people after New Year.

MR
Quote:

MR
You mentioned there are currently 3 solutions?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #42
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
1. AK Motion
2. ECM
3. New solution which I am investigating now and I hope to know more in the coming weeks.

MR
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 12:41 PM   #43
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt View Post
Any news about this?
Yes, There is an update... The current status is as follows:

- ECM OPF Delete solution works for the G-Series, but not the F-Series. The person behind the project is struggling with the final version that is completely fail safe for the M2C, M4C and M5(C). All other features for the ECM are working, just not OPF delete. Lots of empty promises the last two months, so I don't see this happening for the M2C anymore. I lost hope in the person that was working on it, and an extremely pissed off by his constant stream of promises that clearly was a decoy for the real issue that he can't get it to work.

But I am not giving up... I am hopeful we will get there in the end... My hate for the OPF is too big to just turn around and walk away from the project as a whole. I want to win and provide you guys with a solution we are all happy with it...

- AK Motion display solution is still being testing by Danielo58 and we all have to wait until the final software version is there. Personally, I think this solution might well be the one that is gonna work for everyone and the first to market as well. For now I would suggest this option as soon as it arrives. I will see what I can do to make a special offer for everyone here as soon as it is ready. I think Alex might be able to help on that matter as well.

I want to change to AK Motion as well, because my Awron display is slowly dying. The display is dying day after the day, and I need another solution soon. Awron is exit anyhow, so I will put that brand and its product behind me as soon as I can.

- At my end a decision needs to be made on the third solution that I have been offered. It needs some decent development work and a major investment, but cost wise it could be a good solution for everyone here. I am checking the business case if it is profitable for a company to jump into it and get it sorted.

My question for you guys is; Do you want a solution for the OPF that is not only the display? I can see that people are not easily willing to give up one of the air vents for a display unit. So I do see a market in which we could develop the third solution.

MR
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #44
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C

I'd like to share my view as you asked

Display will be nice,display-less it's ok if cheaper
As long is a flawless and well tested solution comes available for sale asap I'm happy

For me will be nice have something to install and forget
And not with too many and complicated features.

My preference is OPF delete and valve control

I'm not going to buy with M-tax on top

I hope this makes sense
Appreciate 1
VIERsr2620.50