BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Simple way to decrease turbo lag?

04-25-2023, 02:25 PM   #67
mikeyryap
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
You don’t HAVE to do that. The inlet does increase power (not really measurable on MHD and load based tunes) and the boost pipe (I assume you mean turbo to the intercooler) isn’t really a failure point.

The chargepipe, intercooler and downpipe are more important. If you have those, you’re ok.
Yeah, I know but just to be safe. I’d rather spend $300-400 play it safe.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 06:16 PM   #68
VGSON
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 OGM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
BM3 Stage 2 OTS multimap should be similar, and has no fuel issues whatsoever. Is the MHD that much different?
From my experience on mhd stage 2+, I logged fuel pressure drop at high rpms & cool air. Both the tuner at Motiv & dorche stated to me these cars should have came with something equivalent to the dorche stage 1 pump..

Some have problems, some dont..And theirs outliers like SeanWRT who i think ran a upgraded turbo on stock hpfp…

I guess if you’re just going stay with stage 2 and 91. You could very well be ok
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 07:32 AM   #69
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGSON View Post
From my experience on mhd stage 2+, I logged fuel pressure drop at high rpms & cool air. Both the tuner at Motiv & dorche stated to me these cars should have came with something equivalent to the dorche stage 1 pump..

Some have problems, some dont..And theirs outliers like SeanWRT who i think ran a upgraded turbo on stock hpfp…

I guess if you’re just going stay with stage 2 and 91. You could very well be ok
I haven't seen anyone with fueling issues on OTS maps. If you're trying to eek out every last hp then I can see Stage 2 needing fuel on some cars, but not on OTS maps.

And yes, it's weird that some cars respond differently than others. I always throw those out of my research though.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 01:16 PM   #70
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone with fueling issues on OTS maps. If you're trying to eek out every last hp then I can see Stage 2 needing fuel on some cars, but not on OTS maps.

And yes, it's weird that some cars respond differently than others. I always throw those out of my research though.
i was on bootmod3 OTS maps for stage 2 on m235i (similar power level to MHD stage 2+) and it would crash my hpfp when ambient temps were low. i wasn't the only one either. it's more frequent than you think.

i currently have a spool stage 1 hpfp and run the bootmod3 stage 2+ maps now.
      04-26-2023, 03:51 PM   #71
TheHaze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2

Quote:

My hpfp pressure dips running the latest bm3 multimap stage 2 tune. I had the same issue on the previous version and had Halim trying to help dial it in. I'm still dealing with this now and trying to decide if I want to upgrade the hpfp or go with a different tune. I agree that hpfp issues seem kind of rare running the OTS maps, but it's definitely happening to some of us unfortunately.
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13807.50
      04-26-2023, 03:58 PM   #72
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaze View Post
My hpfp pressure dips running the latest bm3 multimap stage 2 tune. I had the same issue on the previous version and had Halim trying to help dial it in. I'm still dealing with this now and trying to decide if I want to upgrade the hpfp or go with a different tune. I agree that hpfp issues seem kind of rare running the OTS maps, but it's definitely happening to some of us unfortunately.
Maybe I've never had an issue because I run 93 and the 91 map. The difference in power means nothing to me, as I definitely prefer the safety.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 07:15 PM   #73
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

It dipping isn’t a problem unless it dips too much…
Appreciate 0