BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Monster DIY: KW V3, torque specs, re-indexing, spacers, alignment, coilovers install

09-19-2020, 01:20 PM   #89
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
KW V3 rear height adjustment: While installing linear springs today we also drilled some holes into the upper rear spring mount so we can use a two-prong tool to hold it into place while you raise/lower the ring/spring. Works great. (This is a tool for installing/removing discs on a Makita cordless grinder but could use many other tools to accomplish this.)

Thanks Megator and Nico
Good thinking. I ended up cutting a slot on the bottom to use a screw driver. The mod makes adjustment so much easier, as you know.

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 01:22 PM   #90
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Quote:
KW V3 rear height adjustment: While installing linear springs today we also drilled some holes into the upper rear spring mount so we can use a two-prong tool to hold it into place while you raise/lower the ring/spring. Works great. (This is a tool for installing/removing discs on a Makita cordless grinder but could use many other tools to accomplish this.)

Thanks Megator and Nico
Good thinking. I ended up cutting a slot on the bottom to use a screw driver. The mod makes adjustment so much easier, as you know.

Ooh, that's a good one too!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 05:52 PM   #91
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:

Thanks Megator and Nico
Do you have a picture of how the tool fits with the rear suspension installed? One of the difficulties of adjusting the rear preload on the MPS at the recommended ride height is access, as there is no helper spring and it needs to be set pretty much at minimum (which makes access worse).

Also, what are this top mounts you're using on the front shown in the upper picture.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 12:32 AM   #92
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Quote:

Thanks Megator and Nico
Do you have a picture of how the tool fits with the rear suspension installed? One of the difficulties of adjusting the rear preload on the MPS at the recommended ride height is access, as there is no helper spring and it needs to be set pretty much at minimum (which makes access worse).

Also, what are this top mounts you're using on the front shown in the upper picture.
Works good unless you're slamming it and want to get the top perch very close to the top mount then you would run out of space. I'll never get my rear that low. It's a tight fit with two tools in there but still better than taking whole suspension apart to adjust.

The top mounts on the front: I am running Millway street camber plates (awesome) and they have an adapter for 60mm springs which connects to the bottom of the OEM thrush plate that is still used. Also there's the Millway roller bearing plate which is the very thin plate you see. I really don't think the roller bearing is necessary but definitely ensures there's no spring binding.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Megator517.50
      03-29-2021, 07:26 PM   #93
ROBM2C
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C , DATSUN 260z, Porche

Their are so many people reusing all bolts and not re indexing who have and are still having zero issues . That’s a lot of work for really nothing . Just swap them in and out and your good!
Appreciate 2
Kankles1484.50
Jamongkad239.00
      05-27-2021, 09:53 AM   #94
_pancho_
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: modified F87 M2 Man -17

Quote:

Thanks Megator and Nico
Hello,
what are the spec of the springs you run in the front ?

regards Tobias
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 10:01 AM   #95
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by _pancho_ View Post
Hello,

regards Tobias
Kankles Think you run the stock KW front springs?
      05-27-2021, 02:50 PM   #96
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pancho_ View Post
Hello,

regards Tobias
Kankles Think you run the stock KW front springs?
Hi, running 80-180 main spring and an 80-20 helper. Very close to club sport spec.

Main
https://www.kwsuspensions.net/produc...rings/60110173

Helper
https://www.kwsuspensions.net/produc...rings/60110005
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #97
Durrc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp (DCT)

Are all of the bolts and nuts necessary for re-indexing the same for the M2C? Probably a dumb question but I don't know much. Even though it may not be completely necessary, per other comments I'm seeing on this post, I figure it would be a good insurance policy for just ~ $80.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 01:15 AM   #98
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrc View Post
Are all of the bolts and nuts necessary for re-indexing the same for the M2C? Probably a dumb question but I don't know much. Even though it may not be completely necessary, per other comments I'm seeing on this post, I figure it would be a good insurance policy for just ~ $80.
Suspension is same on M2C and OG M2 so I would think so!

Appreciate 1
Durrc4.50
      03-02-2022, 08:59 PM   #99
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
I'm from gen z. I only learn through infopills inserted into my nose.
Actually no. It's memes.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0