BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Black M2 Available at MSRP --------- GTA

03-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #23
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
My dealer might be intetested in your M2... Can it be changed from Provinces?
Probably would be hard... if the current dealer gives it up (i.e. without selling it), they would lose the profit margin. If they "sell" it to the other dealer, then that dealer will need to charge a price higher than MSRP to make any money.

Dealers trade cars all of the time to meet customer needs but far less common on rare and high demand cars.

But, hey, maybe they'd do it just to be nice
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2016, 08:08 PM   #24
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Probably would be hard... if the current dealer gives it up (i.e. without selling it), they would lose the profit margin. If they "sell" it to the other dealer, then that dealer will need to charge a price higher than MSRP to make any money.

Dealers trade cars all of the time to meet customer needs but far less common on rare and high demand cars.

But, hey, maybe they'd do it just to be nice
Thanks for the clarifications!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 11:04 AM   #25
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

A good thing happened today....i drove up to Serpa BMW to have a look at the black dct m2 that is there...it was a long drive as i was coming from the west end of the gta...all the way there i was trying to convince myself that i could live with a DCT...the original intention to go there was just to check out a black m2 in person since this is the colour that i have ordered...

Thankfully, when i got up there this am, i was told that it had sold last night! To someone on this forum btw...

So, to that individual I say...THANK YOU for saving me from doing something i may have regretted! And congrats on the car...she is beautiful!

Note: I by no means am bashing DCT's ....it is just that i have always driven MT's and it is my preference.
Appreciate 2
      03-30-2016, 11:06 AM   #26
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
A good thing happened today....i drove up to Serpa BMW to have a look at the black dct m2 that is there...it was a long drive as i was coming from the west end of the gta...all the way there i was trying to convince myself that i could live with a DCT...the original intention to go there was just to check out a black m2 in person since this is the colour that i have ordered...

Thankfully, when i got up there this am, i was told that it had sold last night! To someone on this forum btw...

So, to that individual I say...THANK YOU for saving me from doing something i may have regretted! And congrats on the car...she is beautiful!

Note: I by no means am bashing DCT's ....it is just that i have always driven MT's and it is my preference.
Cool! Who bought it?!?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 11:42 AM   #27
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Cool! Who bought it?!?
That I dont know...some lucky guy who will have this car ALL SUMMER LONG...unlike myself who will maybe get a week or two before the snow starts coming down
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 11:44 AM   #28
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That I dont know...some lucky guy who will have this car ALL SUMMER LONG...unlike myself who will maybe get a week or two before the snow starts coming down
At least you confirmed that the BSM is the right one!
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 11:50 AM   #29
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

about time!! lol i cant believe it lasted a few days
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 11:53 AM   #30
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaM2 View Post
i was very surprised too!

have you seen it (or any black M2) yet gtaM2? If not....boy are you going to love it!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 11:55 AM   #31
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
At least you confirmed that the BSM is the right one!
Exactly. Up until today, all ive seen is AW and LBB. Only one left now is MG but i think im staying with BSM...i dont mind washing the car on a regular basis lol
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 12:13 PM   #32
gtaM2
Driver
Rep

Quote:
i was very surprised too!

have you seen it (or any black M2) yet gtaM2? If not....boy are you going to love it!!
i actually live about 10 min away from Serpa, i know i am going to love it thanks for the reassurance!, a part of me wants to see it now in black but another part of me wants to wait until my euro trip to see it for the first time so i didnt go see it...i think i am being too dramatic about this
Appreciate 2
      03-30-2016, 12:56 PM   #33
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
i actually live about 10 min away from Serpa, i know i am going to love it thanks for the reassurance!, a part of me wants to see it now in black but another part of me wants to wait until my euro trip to see it for the first time so i didnt go see it...i think i am being too dramatic about this
haha, I know exactly what you mean...because after i saw it today, i thought to myself 'now i wont be as excited on delivery day' but i think when the time comes, it will be like seeing it for the first time because unlike this one, you/I will be driving off with it!!

Especially for me since by the time i get mine i will have forgotten what it looked like lol
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #34
gtaM2
Driver
Rep

Quote:
haha, I know exactly what you mean...because after i saw it today, i thought to myself 'now i wont be as excited on delivery day' but i think when the time comes, it will be like seeing it for the first time because unlike this one, you/I will be driving off with it!!

Especially for me since by the time i get mine i will have forgotten what it looked like lol
hahaha true
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #35
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

Glad you were able to make it in this morning. Sorry I was not there to greet you.

I sold the car last night to a forum member!

The car looks awesome though right!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 03:45 PM   #36
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I was shocked it wasnt sold the first day it hit the showroom

Glad its sold now, just wish we had more to satisfy the demand!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 03:46 PM   #37
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
100% wait for your Euro trip!!!! it will be that much more special for you.

Then when you come home bring it by!

Did you buy from us?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 03:51 PM   #38
gtaM2
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch View Post
100% wait for your Euro trip!!!! it will be that much more special for you.

Then when you come home bring it by!

Did you buy from us?
sorry i did not i was looking for the biggest bmw dealership because i was afraid i wouldnt be able to secure an allocation, i will be happy to have my services done at your dealership if that helps in anyway
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 04:02 PM   #39
SupraSaiyan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT Stripper AW/Black

Quote:
I would have gladly taken your Euro trip spot
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 04:20 PM   #40
mmmmmazing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: In my hands!

I just went and looked at mine sitting at BMW Autohaus. LOVE THE BLACK! Plus I'll use the summer to see if I like the DCT and if not simply collect the manual I've got on order.

Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 04:23 PM   #41
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmazing View Post
I just went and looked at mine sitting at BMW Autohaus. LOVE THE BLACK! Plus I'll use the summer to see if I like the DCT and if not simply collect the manual I've got on order.

looks great!!

looks like everyone got black ones.

Im still anxious to see Mineral Grey in person. Ive seen the LBB and AW
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #42
mmmmmazing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: In my hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch View Post
looks great!!

looks like everyone got black ones.
No...Endras received a LBB 6spd! Sold of course...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #43
Benzima
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmazing View Post
What is your deal? I really do not understand how a dealer can do this when the car is already back ordered...

You can drive the DCT until your 6MT arrives? What are they going to do with the DCT if you do not like it?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 07:47 PM   #44
jjr261
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM DCT

Quote:

So I thought about keeping everyone in suspense for a little while about who got this car, and then realized that all of us watching this forum have had to deal with enough suspense already just waiting for news on our cars...

So it was me - I am honestly still in shock that I will have an M2 so soon. Prior to reaching out to Catch last night about this, I was resigned to the fact that I would hopefully get car within 18 months given I was a little late to the pre-order party. I saw the initial Post about this car being available and just assumed it would be sold inside of 30 minutes, so when Catch posted again saying it was still available I jumped at it!

Dabozo - You don't know how relieved I was to read that after you drove all the way to Serpa today I didn't break your heart by nabbing this car late last night. I did not expect ANYONE to tell me THANK YOU for snatching this car late at night knowing how many other car nuts are waiting for their cars. While I definitely wanted the car, I was thinking I was going to break a few hearts if in fact I got my deal signed before anyone else.

I have to thank Catch at Sherpa - Everything about this deal was straight up just like he said in his initial post - no markup or extra fees built in above MSRP, and he worked with me late into the evening to get me all the required paperwork in my hands so I could sign it last night.

Still in shock but very happy - I wanted a DCT and would be good with black or blue from all the pics I've seen so far.

For anyone else keen to check out the car at Serpa, it will likely be there until early May sometime as I am away the last 2 weeks of April so won't be able to get it when available on the 16th...
Appreciate 2