BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Lessons learned, strategies

03-23-2016, 03:43 AM   #23
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl07
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl
The lesson I learned is not to get too attached to the idea of getting a new production vehicle.
What happened?
I'm still on a list. At this point I don't think that means a whole lot...because a whole lot of "nothing" is happening with the production of these cars. Also paying MSRP for *anything* doesn't sit well with me. There are other cars to be bought at less than MSRP that I will be happy with. So if we don't get too attached, there is less disappointment and it is easier to shift gears and get a different car.
I'm sorry! This entire process is very frustrating. And yes, paying msrp would normally be a dealer breaker but I guess it just depends on how attached you become. I guess BMW has got me now since I have no car at the moment. I won't believe that I've got the car until the keys are in my hand. I keep thinking someone will walk in, offer over sticker and the dealer will magically make my car "disappear". They were firm on a 3k markup for two months before they finally gave up. I insisted they put the VIN on the sales agreement and made sure they signed it as well in case they tried anything silly when it's finally here.
      03-23-2016, 11:24 AM   #24
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
In this case if you're still looking for an allocation you have an excellent resource in the 2-series owners map. Mentioned this elsewhere but pop it open and call dealers in areas without large concentrations of M235s. Should be time we'll spent.
link?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #25
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
In this case if you're still looking for an allocation you have an excellent resource in the 2-series owners map. Mentioned this elsewhere but pop it open and call dealers in areas without large concentrations of M235s. Should be time we'll spent.
link?
2 Series Owner's Map http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1213096
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2016, 08:05 PM   #26
azfootdoc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 HEA

Production Number

So I have two dumb questions.

#1 I have lined up a HEA car (gave up the dream of getting one at the Welt) and my SA took my deposit. He gave me a Production # that I was able to register on BMW's website. So this means I have a car right? I know this is a dumb question but I just want to be sure.

So long as I get a 2016 and its delivered in the next couple months I will be very happy. I was told it would have a April build and would arrive sometime in May possibly. I'm still not totally clear on the whole HEA thing but whatever. At this point I'm happy to get a car.

#2 In looking around it seems that the HEA cars were easier to come by than allocations. I had to call around some to get a HEA car but this seemed to be easier than getting the allocation to do Euro Delivery. I don't see the advantage unless you wanted to do Euro delivery.

At the end of the day I figured it was better to get the car I wanted, lock in 2016 price (hopefully no adjustments for 2017 model year), get the BMW Ultimate Service 4yr/50k mile program. We can go to Europe whenever. Maybe I'll rent a BWM when we go but it wont be the same as driving my M2.

Anyways thanks for the input.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-29-2016, 08:23 PM   #27
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Footdoc, If you have a production number you have a car. Since you have an HEA car I am sure it will be built soon. I am in AZ also, would be curious what dealer your working with, if you don't mind PM me. I hear different stories from each dealer but don't really want to out them with the exception of Tucson BMW who has me totally irritated.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #28
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfootdoc
So I have two dumb questions.

#1 I have lined up a HEA car (gave up the dream of getting one at the Welt) and my SA took my deposit. He gave me a Production # that I was able to register on BMW's website. So this means I have a car right? I know this is a dumb question but I just want to be sure.

So long as I get a 2016 and its delivered in the next couple months I will be very happy. I was told it would have a April build and would arrive sometime in May possibly. I'm still not totally clear on the whole HEA thing but whatever. At this point I'm happy to get a car.

#2 In looking around it seems that the HEA cars were easier to come by than allocations. I had to call around some to get a HEA car but this seemed to be easier than getting the allocation to do Euro Delivery. I don't see the advantage unless you wanted to do Euro delivery.

At the end of the day I figured it was better to get the car I wanted, lock in 2016 price (hopefully no adjustments for 2017 model year), get the BMW Ultimate Service 4yr/50k mile program. We can go to Europe whenever. Maybe I'll rent a BWM when we go but it wont be the same as driving my M2.

Anyways thanks for the input.

Yes you have a car ! Congratulations !
An HEA car is the dealers " demo car " that normally would sit in a showroom.

Since the regular allocations have not even been announced and the hype for the M2 has really been there since the 1M stopped,
Dealers began to sell through their HEA cars

The normal allocations would come in afterwards. More than likely the first round of allocations to come in will be announced next week or in early May. Keep in mind that not all dealers get their vehicles at the same time. The rollout of cars across the country happens slowly and haphazardly, much like our election process rambles from state to state.

Essentially the process will begin in April except it is the END OF MONTH ALLOCATION process ... Some regions will get their cars in April and Some dealers may not got their HEA car until 2-4 months from now.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2016, 02:43 PM   #29
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

A lot of folks here are freaking out because they don't have a production number, at this point only the HEA folks have them and of course if you have a number you have a car for sure. M3 Adjusters take on when allocations and production numbers will roll out is consistent with what I have been told by dealers I trust (I trust them because they haven't over promised). I suspect we will see some activity in the next week and then over the next couple of months we will have a genuine sense of what the production rate will look like but as M3 Adjuster says it can be pretty random.
Appreciate 0