BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M235i here with an m2 exhaust valves not working properly

02-10-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
Acalamito321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i x drive black/red

M235i here with an m2 exhaust valves not working properly

Hello everybody this is my first post on these forums so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but I put the m2 muffler on my m235i x drive yesterday and the valves no longer seem to open and close

With the car warmed up fumes only come out of the left side in all driving modes and when u change from comfort to sport I no longer hear the clicking you associate with the valves opening and closing

I would like the valves to work like they normally do left side open in comfort both open in sport and sport plus etc etc and I know others that have not had this problem who's valves worked like normal after installing the muffler, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 11:06 PM   #2
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
You should ask people on the 2 series forum who have also done this mod how they did it and if there was any coding involved etc.

They would be FAR more knowledgable than anyone here on the subject. Not many people have had to mess with the stock exhaust valve since it comes working properly from the factory and anything broken can go right to the dealer for warranty repair. I doubt there's much expertise on the subject here for that reason.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2018, 11:57 PM   #3
Acalamito321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i x drive black/red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
You should ask people on the 2 series forum who have also done this mod how they did it and if there was any coding involved etc.

They would be FAR more knowledgable than anyone here on the subject. Not many people have had to mess with the stock exhaust valve since it comes working properly from the factory and anything broken can go right to the dealer for warranty repair. I doubt there's much expertise on the subject here for that reason.
Okay thank you, I'll post there
Appreciate 0