BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Getting tired of people trying to race me...

06-05-2020, 06:26 PM   #89
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Yeah, I don't get it. When I see someone with a $300,000 car that I like I'm happy for the owner and want to find out first hand all about it. Conversely when I see an old beater I don't look down on the driver. I mean I once had an old Nissan pickup with dents on every corner, no hood and a missing air cleaner...yes I was very young and so poor I couldn't afford gas. Fortunately I grew up.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2020, 06:58 PM   #90
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Yeah, I don't get it. When I see someone with a $300,000 car that I like I'm happy for the owner and want to find out first hand all about it. Conversely when I see an old beater I don't look down on the driver. I mean I once had an old Nissan pickup with dents on every corner, no hood and a missing air cleaner...yes I was very young and so poor I couldn't afford gas. Fortunately I grew up.
Why do you even put down your window to entertain what others have to say?

I ignore everyone around me, not because I'm arrogant but because nothing they have to share interest me; good or bad. That's why I suggested the dash camera; they can blur out whatever nonsense they want but touch my car haste and I'll find you, one way or the other.

One thing I actually hate about the M2 is the exhaust is too loud and attracts the wrong kind of attention (cops, assholes, thots, ects), so you can't just blend in with traffic.

As a result, you're always going catch someone's eye and to run into people who have something meaningless to declare, best you can do is tune them out and just keep on trucking.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 09:21 PM   #91
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

You can also shoot out their tires. If there's anything the riots has taught me, is that any use of force is justified as long as you can convince someone they deserved it.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2020, 09:57 PM   #92
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
the M2 is the exhaust is too loud and attracts the wrong kind of attention (cops, assholes, thots, ects), so you can't just blend in with traffic.
Real cops don't give a $hit about your exhaust note or audio!!! Never have and never will. Sorry if that happens where u live!
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      06-05-2020, 10:15 PM   #93
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Quote:
the M2 is the exhaust is too loud and attracts the wrong kind of attention (cops, assholes, thots, ects), so you can't just blend in with traffic.
Real cops don't give a $hit about your exhaust note or audio!!! Never have and never will. Sorry if that happens where u live!
You, personally, might not give a shit about a noisy exhaust, per se but a rookie is born everyday and loud pipes attracts unwanted attention, which bring to light your other possible indiscretions..

It's not even a police thing, is a human, common sense fact; loud exhaust, starlets the wrong people, who overwise wouldn't even know existed, let alone crossed their path..

I hate driving my friend's cars with, with strait pipes; everyone looks your way, even if you're just cursing the boulevard.. If that's your thing, I get it but I, personally, loath it..

If you enjoy driving so fast that begin to get a rush and still maybe hold on to your license and stay off your insurance company's high risk tier, incognito i.e. quite is the way to roll..

My dream sleeper car, love it, drove one to my HS prom.. :

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 12:54 AM   #94
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You, personally, might not give a shit about a noisy exhaust, per se but a rookie is born everyday and loud pipes attracts unwanted attention, which bring to light your other possible indiscretions..

It's not even a police thing, is a human, common sense fact; loud exhaust, starlets the wrong people, who overwise wouldn't even know existed, let alone crossed their path..

I hate driving my friend's cars with, with strait pipes; everyone looks your way, even if you're just cursing the boulevard.. If that's your thing, I get it but I, personally, loath it..

If you enjoy driving so fast that begin to get a rush and still maybe hold on to your license and stay off your insurance company's high risk tier, incognito i.e. quite is the way to roll..

Had the aa mid pipe instead today

Today I also had people yelling at me to
"SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!" While I was doing 20ish in a 25

Never had that at all with the OEM system
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      06-06-2020, 01:38 AM   #95
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right..

A throaty exhaust is counter-productive for a daily driver, unless you have a shiny, get-out-of-jail-card PBA card or you're filming a Fast & Furious movie, IMO.

Not to mention, unless it's a super-car or an exotic, it makes one appear like an inconsiderate douche to society. #TrueStory

If one's car is loud and obnoxious, I guarantee that's the root cause of the issues with unfavorable interactions with the public and other drivers attempting to challenge you. How many Toyota Corollas do you think they egg on?

Most people are non-confrontational, unless provoked. And disturbing someone's peace counts as being the aggressor.
Appreciate 2
Davil6523.00
      06-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #96
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:

That's why I said real cops, rookies don't count (Retired here BTW)
But I do see your point! I'm sure things differ from agency, city, county and state. NC State Troupers are notoriously unforgiving even to other cops.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50
COChris888.50
      06-09-2020, 01:37 PM   #97
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right..

A throaty exhaust is counter-productive for a daily driver, unless you have a shiny, get-out-of-jail-card PBA card or you're filming a Fast & Furious movie, IMO.

Not to mention, unless it's a super-car or an exotic, it makes one appear like an inconsiderate douche to society. #TrueStory

If one's car is loud and obnoxious, I guarantee that's the root cause of the issues with unfavorable interactions with the public and other drivers attempting to challenge you. How many Toyota Corollas do you think they egg on?

Most people are non-confrontational, unless provoked. And disturbing someone's peace counts as being the aggressor.
Kinda unfortunate, but as usual you speak the truth.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      06-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #98
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right..

Kinda unfortunate, but as usual you speak the truth.
Thanks for seeing the merits in my perspective, without assuming I was being bias to any group.

You know, nowadays, it's a delicate balance; you have to state your case, all while not offending one side or the other.

It's refreshing to see that some, as yourself, still can not only separate the two but also appreciate it..
Appreciate 1