BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Why.... WHY doesn't the M2/M2C come with a front view camera?

06-12-2020, 02:49 PM   #23
redgs4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS 6MT

The car has been at the audio shop for almost two weeks getting a bunch of upgrades. I'm bouncing off the walls waiting ... Once I get the car back I'll share pictures of the camera location and what the video looks like.
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6727.50
      06-16-2020, 04:08 PM   #24
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Ok-- I love my M2C.

BUT (and it's a *HUGE* "but")-- with so low of a front clip (ESPECIALLY if you have a cf lip and/or a lowered suspension), why, why, WHY didn't BMW come up with a small front view camera that could be tied into the PDC?

Or, at least support an aftermarket camera?

Hell- you can buy one for an Audi that integrates into the front logo and even Camaro's can have them wired in. How hard could it be?

Sigh. I live in fear of parking curbs-- NOT something I really enjoy.

R.
BMW's usual path is that M cars do not have options/standard features that are not available on the series it is based on. No front camera (or HUD or whatever) on the 2 series = none on the M2, etc.

i usually back in but agree that with the M2's size, I just err on the side of not pulling in all the way if I am parking front first.

I also installed a universal lip protector (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-acexxon-...-1-1000-01~ax/)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgs4 View Post
I agree! I should have this installed soon ...

Bimmertech front camera
https://www.bimmer-tech.net/products...ra-bm16-id6-mt
Cool. I assume the website is just out of date as it mentions it is compatible with the F87 M2 up to 2018, but doesn't mention the M2C/MY 2019/20...

Post up your impressions once it is installed!
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #25
Insane_Dawe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 White ZCP M3

I do wish the M2 had a 360 camera option, just because, but I never found the need for a front camera.

Probably because I back into most of my parking spaces, based on the old adage my grandma told me "It's better to back in because you never know when you wanna leave in a hurry". Also, it's awesome to turn and look at the front end of the car.

My original deal breaker on this car was Active/Radar Cruise Control but after owning the car for a while, I completely forgotten about it. Or its my coronavirus driving habits.
Appreciate 0