BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Best websites for performance parts?

10-22-2021, 11:35 AM   #1
Zuccj
Rep
Drives: M2C

Best websites for performance parts?

I got my M2C this summer, and ready to upgrade some things on it. The issue I'm having is I can't find a reliable place to order from. IND has worked well, but they are very limited on true aftermarket performance parts. I've placed orders with extreme power house, and have had nothing but issues and delays with them and just refuse to order from there anymore. My last car was a Z car, and there are two main sites that carried everything you would need to rebuild the car however you'd want. I'm just not finding anything like that for BMW. Is there something like that for BMW I'm missing, or is it all just spread out?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 11:52 AM   #2
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccj View Post
I got my M2C this summer, and ready to upgrade some things on it. The issue I'm having is I can't find a reliable place to order from. IND has worked well, but they are very limited on true aftermarket performance parts. I've placed orders with extreme power house, and have had nothing but issues and delays with them and just refuse to order from there anymore. My last car was a Z car, and there are two main sites that carried everything you would need to rebuild the car however you'd want. I'm just not finding anything like that for BMW. Is there something like that for BMW I'm missing, or is it all just spread out?
For pure performance, check out Active Autowerke and CarBahn for quality parts. Delays are kind of the norm these days though. Love my AA midpipe.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 02:59 PM   #3
Zuccj
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by COChris View Post
Delays are kind of the norm these days though.
I get that part of it fully, but there are correct and incorrect ways to handle that as well. If a part is going to take 4 months to arrive and you tell me that before I order it I have no problem with that. Saying something is in stock, when it isn't, and you have no real idea when it will be available and keep saying it will be next week is what I have an issue with.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 03:37 PM   #4
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

I'd say BimmerWorld or Turner.
      10-25-2021, 09:47 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Im sorry to hear that, we would love to earn your business once again. You can always check stock with me before placing an order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccj View Post
I get that part of it fully, but there are correct and incorrect ways to handle that as well. If a part is going to take 4 months to arrive and you tell me that before I order it I have no problem with that. Saying something is in stock, when it isn't, and you have no real idea when it will be available and keep saying it will be next week is what I have an issue with.
I wish it were that easy, but ETAs keep changing nowadays. If we knew it would take four months, we would have told you so since day 1. But what most likely happened is the ETA kept getting pushed back. We are only the messenger

Phone number 702-494-9435

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 10-27-2021 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 1