BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Vehicle Virgins back-to-back driving M2C vs M2

11-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #23
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protatomonster View Post
I'm wondering, will after market exhausts hang as low?
Simple answer is no, ive seen about 2 now and all of them are now without the fat double chin
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      11-14-2018, 05:32 PM   #24
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
This guy's content always sucks. The upside is if I lose my job, I know I can make a youtube channel at least as good as this guy.
Oh yeah? As much as I dislike Parker's new content, I'd like to see you try lol. 24 years old, new house on a large plot of land in what I assume is LA, 458 Aperta, 600LT, Aventador SVJ, and gets to try/review the newest hottest cars all over the world. 1.9M subs with just car content. He's gotta be doing something right right?

I'm not trying to defend this guy's douchiness and I do admit I was a fan in the beginning with the E39 M5, but gotta at least throw him a bone for all the hard work and success he's been having over the years.

Come on, what's stopping you? I'd love to be doing what he's doing.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #25
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Quote:
This guy's content always sucks. The upside is if I lose my job, I know I can make a youtube channel at least as good as this guy.
Oh yeah? As much as I dislike Parker's new content, I'd like to see you try lol. 24 years old, new house on a large plot of land in what I assume is LA, 458 Aperta, 600LT, Aventador SVJ, and gets to try/review the newest hottest cars all over the world. 1.9M subs with just car content. He's gotta be doing something right right?

I'm not trying to defend this guy's douchiness and I do admit I was a fan in the beginning with the E39 M5, but gotta at least throw him a bone for all the hard work and success he's been having over the years.

What's stopping me? I like what do currently, it's a dream job. I don't want to quit and take the risk of starting my own business that won't pay at least at first (no balls?). A public facing job like YouTube content creator also comes with some big down sides with creepy fans, death threats, and crazies who actually try and do something to you or your family. I guy I used to work with became a live streaming star and makes ridiculous money, but he has also been black mailed and his house shot at twice now.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #26
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Quote:

Guys, Protatomonster is a professional Youtuber. We should ask him!

Protatomonster , is this stuff hard to make? How many hours of work does it take to generate a video like this? And, finally, are you actually this dude from Vehicle Virgins? Like maybe you're actually him, but just to get additional clicks, you're pretending not to be him and making fun of him in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 06:03 PM   #27
D22M2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Not a real M Car

So much butthurt

M2c is a fantastic car but so is the OGM2 - some people are going to like it more than the M2c - and that’s ok - stay calm y’all
Appreciate 3
Robin_NL8710.00
qnet679.00
Dblaz43.50
      11-14-2018, 06:07 PM   #28
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
What's stopping me? I like what do currently, it's a dream job. I don't want to quit and take the risk of starting my own business that won't pay at least at first (no balls?). A public facing job like YouTube content creator also comes with some big down sides with creepy fans, death threats, and crazies who actually try and do something to you or your family. I guy I used to work with became a live streaming star and makes ridiculous money, but he has also been black mailed and his house shot at twice now.
I hear you on the public face/downsides but its not like if you're willing to accept all that, then you succeed as a youtuber. You constantly face criticism just like this thread and you somehow have to just soldier on. I don't think its an easy job at all just like anything else that looks easy.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 06:17 PM   #29
Protatomonster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Kia Stinger 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Guys, Protatomonster is a professional Youtuber. We should ask him!

Protatomonster , is this stuff hard to make? How many hours of work does it take to generate a video like this? And, finally, are you actually this dude from Vehicle Virgins? Like maybe you're actually him, but just to get additional clicks, you're pretending not to be him and making fun of him in this thread!
I cringed at the start of the video of just how bad the audio was. Sometimes people are just at the right place at the right time Car reviews on YouTube are a great place to be but not many people can afford the production quality to make them good. I think most of it is having the connections to make said videos and the right equipment to film them. Forums like these make promotion pretty easy. When I started my channel I like to say a lot of the growth came from being one of the first to make the type of videos I was making and the game I make videos was at it's peak growth so my channel just grew with the game. Nonetheless his stuff isn't awful and the channel appeals to quite a lot of people. I prefer channels like straight pipes and such though who seem to know more of the car.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9103.00
cptobvious2531.50
      11-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #30
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

I would never want to be a YouTube star considering "the crazies" that comes with being Internet famous.. People begin to hate you because deep down they're not you.. :

However, I give props to those that do it successfully and admire their ability to generating revenue off something they created themselves..

I try to avoid human interaction outside of a bandwidth connection but when you're famous in the Google-search era, they'll come find you..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...t-famous%3Famp
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 06:57 PM   #31
MDuckie
Private
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Doc.
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910910.50
      11-14-2018, 07:11 PM   #32
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Name:  ChrisHarris_M2.png
Views: 2374
Size:  33.1 KB

Name:  ChrisHarris_M2C.png
Views: 1110
Size:  62.6 KB

Name:  ChrisHarris_M2C_2.png
Views: 1129
Size:  303.9 KB
      11-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #33
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

I literally can't stand the guy.
      11-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #34
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:

And he's got a rich daddy. As I said, he tries hard, but doesn't do enough homework.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #35
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

I was really expecting different kinds of drivers.
      11-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #36
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
And he's got a rich daddy. As I said, he tries hard, but doesn't do enough homework.
Yeah, word on the street is his dad bought it all.
      11-14-2018, 10:54 PM   #37
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C DCT

Lol this guy is a total dweeb. Also the sound quality.. was he using an iphone 3gs? Terrible.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 11:53 PM   #38
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Light on detail, gets several things wrong. Drives a non-stock car that is slammed, has Toyo R888s, and a roll cage in it. Thinks the M2C subframe mounting and axles are new. Thinks you can get anything out of the N55 with a tune.

Lazy journalism. People hate on Shmee but he is usually quite accurate and informed.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 12:32 AM   #39
Quietmind
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C 6MT

Garage List
In a world of the blind the one eyed man is king. On-demand, niche content is a strange new world indeed
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 12:34 AM   #40
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

As I stated in the other similar thread started by the owner of the M2C being 'slaughtered' in the video:

I survived the watch, and gave it a thumbs up plus subscribed(no sarcasm, no irony whatsoever)
I'm probably the only one but:
It wasn't douchy at all, the things we already know about M2 and M2C he pointed out again, does that make him a douche? Not in my book.

Enthusiastic review I must say.

And a great looking M2C!

No sarcasm. And yes he made some mistakes but anyway not the end of the world. He stated M2C is the currently best BMW for sale etc etc etc.

People can and will focus on the negative as always

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 2
D22M21372.50
hz101169.50
      11-15-2018, 12:52 AM   #41
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Is this the same guy who used to do the "10 things I hate about my Lamborghini (that my dad bought for me)" videos? I can't keep track of all these guys...

...and it's his parents fault he's a douche. "Parker"?? Poor kid never had a chance... It's like naming your daughter "Chastity" and being surprised when she leaves home at 15 to join a band but ends up a stripper because her singing voice sounds like somebody's swinging a bag of cats.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 12:59 AM   #42
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I actively steer clear of his content. His videos are generally laughable when it comes to facts/homework as evidenced by the video. I have no problem if he likes one m2 over another, but the reasons seem absurd. He also seems to get into some weird drama, if I recall it had something to do with a rx7 hood that he damaged when borrowing a car.

Also here is a pretty good gem:
https://jalopnik.com/vehicle-virgins...flu-1797974337
Appreciate 1
OGM2C242.50
      11-15-2018, 01:55 AM   #43
dtmpower98
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F87 M2

Parker is a personal friend of mine, that's my grey M2, and the comp is my buddies as well. We knew before filming the video the cars both have their differences in slight modifications.
The comp- R888R tires, KW HAS, studio rsr cage and a midpipe replacement. My m2 is on hankook ventus v12's with a downpipe right now as well, and mines a manual. Parker mentioned that's why he wanted to keep the video to the spec facts (power, weight, etc) and he kept it minimal with the driving "feels" between the two
Follow me on Instagram- @dtmpower98
Appreciate 5
krizze928.00
cptobvious2531.50
Robin_NL8710.00
hz101169.50
      11-15-2018, 04:13 AM   #44
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmpower98 View Post
Parker is a personal friend of mine, that's my grey M2, and the comp is my buddies as well. We knew before filming the video the cars both have their differences in slight modifications.
The comp- R888R tires, KW HAS, studio rsr cage and a midpipe replacement. My m2 is on hankook ventus v12's with a downpipe right now as well, and mines a manual. Parker mentioned that's why he wanted to keep the video to the spec facts (power, weight, etc) and he kept it minimal with the driving "feels" between the two
I enjoyed the video, some people here just get a little too passionate i dont like all of parkers videos and think his clickbait is annoying sometimes but no need to start full on laying into him here.
Appreciate 1