BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Brand new M2C in TX - Unclaimed!

06-29-2021, 06:21 PM   #1
F12M6MD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rivian R1T

Brand new M2C in TX - Unclaimed!

I'm not a dealer or broker but just a heads up since production on the M2C has ended and you may still want a brand new one. If this spec matches what you want let me know and I'll help you scoop it up.

Hockenheim
Black Dakota with Blue Stitching
DCT
Executive
Black 788M wheels
Piano black trim

Would be sweet if this works for one of you! PM if interested.

Mark
      06-29-2021, 06:51 PM   #2
F12M6MD
Lieutenant
Rep

Wow. Car sold in 5 minutes. Dang!
      07-01-2021, 11:41 PM   #3
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
I'm surprised that more CA's don't troll these forums drumming up business.. especially nowadays when every dealership on the planet has an "internet department". There was a VW enthusiast/sales guy in Phoenix when I first moved there who was a legend on VWVortex and elsewhere, and did a TON of business by being omnipresent, knowledgable, and just an all-around great guy to buy a car from. Here? I rarely see any CA's at all. Missed opportunity.
      07-02-2021, 06:10 AM   #4
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I'm surprised that more CA's don't troll these forums drumming up business.. especially nowadays when every dealership on the planet has an "internet department". There was a VW enthusiast/sales guy in Phoenix when I first moved there who was a legend on VWVortex and elsewhere, and did a TON of business by being omnipresent, knowledgable, and just an all-around great guy to buy a car from. Here? I rarely see any CA's at all. Missed opportunity.
Yes that is so true now that I think about it. Even on the F8X and G8X forums on this site, GOLFRRRR has a huge presence and is involved in so many conversations. He has sold many new M3/4’s through the forums.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #5
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post
Yes that is so true now that I think about it. Even on the F8X and G8X forums on this site, GOLFRRRR has a huge presence and is involved in so many conversations. He has sold many new M3/4’s through the forums.
In the past yes. Currently, they have no need to promote as demand outpaces the supply by a large margin.

Just a few months ago, before shortages took off, I talked to my Dallas dealer about this forum and they have heard of it but had no idea how to get on it and how to promote deals...
Appreciate 1
Foggins1331.50
      07-02-2021, 04:20 PM   #6
F12M6MD
Lieutenant
Rep

I think rookie (even veterans) sales people have hopes and dreams of keeping their enthusiast spirit and engaging like we all do on Bimmerpost or social media but my sense is that it suddenly becomes just another job, a daily grind. Losing the knowledge of all facts and details about anything BMW. The passion seems to get stripped slowly and the drive to get on here and sell the crap out of the brand is lost. My 2 cents…
      07-03-2021, 07:56 AM   #7
maxcbrdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535xiT; 2021 BMW M2C

I bought my car through a dealer that gets mentioned here a lot, but never directly. I wonder if forum rules prevent them from being more direct here. Otherwise, I don't get the need to be coy about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 02:12 PM   #8
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here's a CA in the UK who does it right. He's ALL over social media and moves a TON of metal..

07-05-2021, 09:23 PM   #9
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by F12M6MD View Post
I think rookie (even veterans) sales people have hopes and dreams of keeping their enthusiast spirit and engaging like we all do on Bimmerpost or social media but my sense is that it suddenly becomes just another job, a daily grind. Losing the knowledge of all facts and details about anything BMW. The passion seems to get stripped slowly and the drive to get on here and sell the crap out of the brand is lost. My 2 cents…
Most CAs are totally clueless. I had one insist to me last week that the M2 Competition doesn't come in a manual, only the M3 Competition. Tried to politely correct them that that was backwards, but it was like talking to a wall.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 10:35 PM   #10
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Most CAs are totally clueless. I had one insist to me last week that the M2 Competition doesn't come in a manual, only the M3 Competition. Tried to politely correct them that that was backwards, but it was like talking to a wall.
He was probably selling Subarus last week, and will be selling Nissans by September. Not very successfully.

My favorite is when a BMW CA tries to tell you a car comes with a "V6". Uh, dude...
chris7197331.50
      07-05-2021, 10:39 PM   #11
M2C-NLUSA
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
He was probably selling Subarus last week, and will be selling Nissans by September. Not very successfully.

My favorite is when a BMW CA tries to tell you a car comes with a "V6". Uh, dude...
There is a lot of clueless salespeople for sure. Can't wait until states pull their heads from their asses and allow direct sales models like Tesla, Lucid (soon to be Volvo) etc. It's inevitable as we switch to electric and service profit margins dry up.
      07-05-2021, 10:50 PM   #12
peteyrx7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 and 2021 BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C-NLUSA View Post
There is a lot of clueless salespeople for sure. Can't wait until states pull their heads from their asses and allow direct sales models like Tesla, Lucid (soon to be Volvo) etc. It's inevitable as we switch to electric and service profit margins dry up.
The dealer lobby is a force to be reckoned with. I wouldn't count on it anytime soon as there are literally billions at stake. The best we can hope for in the near term is a culling of the number of dealerships (non performing stores) provided that can be done in a way that doesn't cause the ones left standing to gouge consumers on every sale. GM cut back their dealerships in their bankruptcy process but didn't go far enough. The manufacturers that can't go direct will be at a serious cost disadvantage if they can't cull the number of dealers and operate through high volume low per unit margin stores.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 09:54 AM   #13
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Once the dealership compensation moved to commissions only on profit per car and volume targets some years ago many good and smart CAs left the industry. Now it's a revolving door in most sales departments unless the CA has an established Rolodex and book of repeat business.
Appreciate 0