BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Vehicle Virgins back-to-back driving M2C vs M2

11-26-2018, 11:04 PM   #133
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIGUY1992 View Post
Hah well that explains a lot of his fanbase then. Yeah the Rob Dahm stuff was super slimy to me, from what I understand Parker broke Rob's RX7 after he let him borrow it to review for his VV channel. Ultimately Rob had texts from Parker agreeing to repay him/work something out, and then not only radio silence from Parker but the guy starts bad-mouthing Rob, one of the nicest guys in the automotive vlog/rebuilding scene.

His reputation among his own friends seems shaky as well, his old co-host (eddy?) seemed to despise him and I remember quite a bit of public drama between them during their channel's dissolution. There are plenty of other young youtubers with hardworking and positive personalities I would rather spend time watching, personally.
From what I read just now he offered to pay but Rob said don't worry about it. Then Parker talked some shit behind Rob's back over text to someone who ratted him out and then Rob wanted the money many months later. Parker was like why you want the money now? Rob said everything was cool don't worry about it, then went and made a youtube video trashing Parker.

Doesn't matter to me though, his content generally doesn't interest me.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 11:48 PM   #134
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
^^ ^^
His content isn't always that bad if you watch with an open mind and learn to separate the perils amongst the swine.. Which could sum up most YouTube "influencers."

Where else are you going to find someone who drove for Uber in a $300,000 Lambo with a $60,000 exhaust?

I am going to fan the flames and share his video from today:

I had a laugh!

@52s: "it can make a boring car really exciting to drive"

I owned exactly 20 cars through my life. 17 of them were manual.

And only seven out of 20 were worth the while as I look back. Two of them being DCT

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      11-27-2018, 12:26 AM   #135
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
I had a laugh!

@52s: "it can make a boring car really exciting to drive"

I owned exactly 20 cars through my life. 17 of them were manual.

And only seven out of 20 were worth the while as I look back. Two of them being DCT

Cheers
Robin
Manuals are like pizza; even if it's bad, it's still pretty good..

I had a cheap 100hp Nissan Sentra and I could of done smokey burnouts in reverse.. It had a baby dick of a motor but never got old, due to the manual control. It was a ton of fun, especially when you don't care about burning out the clutch or tires..

I am not ragging on DSG or DCT, I drove both and they're lighten fast; they shifted faster than I could think about my next move. I feel they do have a place in this world and secretly, I wish I could of own both a manual and a DCT.

However, if find that after awhile, the novelty of the video-gamey, paddle shifters and instant gear change begins to gets old. You then just begin to question; 'why am I even attempting to shift faster than the more efficient computer.' Something that never crossed your mind in a manual..

Unfortunately, manuals are on now on life-support as electric motors are on the horizon. Also, the newer generation sees it as a chore to drive, more than a benefit. Combine, I believe we only have a like one automotive generation of vehicles until they are completely phased out of existence.. #Sad

BTW, Parker's sister will never truly be comfortable driving a stick; I could see it in her actions.. I know the those type of girls, they like manuals for coolness factor but would never fully embrace it.

I tired to teach a couple of my friends, both guys and girls to drive a stick and could instantly tell by the first two blocks that their hearts are not in it.. And that's ok, it's just a testament to the generation we currently live in.

Like they say; all good things..
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8717.00
      11-27-2018, 12:57 AM   #136
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Manuals are like pizza; even if it's bad, it's still pretty good..

I had a cheap 100hp Nissan Sentra and I could of done smokey burnouts in reverse.. It had a baby dick of a motor but never got old, due to the manual control. It was a ton of fun, especially when you don't care about burning out the clutch or tires..

I am not ragging on DSG or DCT, I drove both and they're lighten fast; they shifted faster than I could think about my next move. I feel they do have a place in this world and secretly, I wish I could of own both a manual and a DCT.

However, if find that after awhile, the novelty of the video-gamey, paddle shifters and instant gear change begins to gets old. You then just begin to question; 'why am I even attempting to shift faster than the more efficient computer.' Something that never crossed your mind in a manual..

Unfortunately, manuals are on now on life-support as electric motors are on the horizon. Also, the newer generation sees it as a chore to drive, more than a benefit. Combine, I believe we only have a like one automotive generation of vehicles until they are completely phased out of existence.. #Sad

BTW, Parker's sister will never truly be comfortable driving a stick; I could see it in her actions.. I know the those type of girls, they like manuals for coolness factor but would never fully embrace it.

I tired to teach a couple of my friends, both guys and girls to drive a stick and could instantly tell by the first two blocks that their hearts are not in it.. And that's ok, it's just a testament to the generation we currently live in.

Like they say; all good things..
I understand. Point is, manual cars overhere are(were) very common to begin with, everybody(literally) with a license 'knows' how to drive stick. Nothing special. The examples you gave I understand too.

But driving a sporty/fast car is way(understatement) more than driving stick off course. 991.2GT3RS/GT2RS, 488/812/Huracan Performante/720 etc are the best of the best and don't come with stickshift.

If you get bored with a DCT M2/C: Just push the MDM or all nannies off(beware! don't do this at home, only on a closed course/racetrack!) and see what new dimension you get in with your M2/C.

Stickshifting is 'fun' off course but M2/C is way more than that.

Drifting in 3rd shifting smoothlessly to 4th not losing thrust at all, the car keeps on accellerating while sideways thanks to the smart LSD.

IMHO.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50
Davil6523.00
      11-27-2018, 06:34 AM   #137
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:

You aren’t. That isn’t the point at all. If you enjoy driving, being in the right gear at the right time is more about balancing the car and having better control than anything else. The DCT allows you to have more control over the car instead of you spending time on something anyone including your grandma can master in relatively short space of time. Traditional automatics didn’t afford this control and your only option was a manual. Times have changed.
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8717.00
      11-27-2018, 07:56 AM   #138
GTIGUY1992
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
From what I read just now he offered to pay but Rob said don't worry about it. Then Parker talked some shit behind Rob's back over text to someone who ratted him out and then Rob wanted the money many months later. Parker was like why you want the money now? Rob said everything was cool don't worry about it, then went and made a youtube video trashing Parker.

There's a bit more to it than that, particularly from Parker's side instigating things- if anyone is truly interested in getting a cohesive rundown of this youtube drama, Jalopnik did a (surprisingly) thorough article on the matter.

The only parts that mattered to me were Parker's behavior and attitude towards others. Particularly people he calls "friends". When your own former co-worker and friend has few nice things to say about you it raises eyebrows.
      11-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #139
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIGUY1992 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post

There's a bit more to it than that, particularly from Parker's side instigating things- if anyone is truly interested in getting a cohesive rundown of this youtube drama, Jalopnik did a (surprisingly) thorough article on the matter.

The only parts that mattered to me were Parker's behavior and attitude towards others. Particularly people he calls "friends". When your own former co-worker and friend has few nice things to say about you it raises eyebrows.
Parker does come off and mostly likely is an entitled trust-fund douchebag..

But let's be honest, some, if not all the hate that comes towards him is because of envy.

I get it, if I had a wealthy daddy and popularity to boot, I'm sure people will find a reason to hate me to, even if I was cool as a cucumber.

I see it with a lot of celebrities and wealthy people; people simply hate them because they are not them, It just comes with the territory. Never underestimate the depth of jealously..

I'm not defending the guy because I don't know him personally but I am well-versed in Human Nature..

From how I read the story, Rob had a reasonable amount of time to get compensated for his hood but refused.. So his loss, regardless if he felt later on that Parker is a dick.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 10:11 PM   #140
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

This guy doesn't know what he's rambling about...
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 02:45 AM   #141
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Well, it's on coilovers (he doesn't comment, probably doesn't even realize). It has Toyo R888 tires, which ride much differently than MPSS tires. AND it has fucking rollcage, which will also stiffen the chassis.
Whose M2C is that? Are they on here?

Wow, they didn't take long to modify the heck out of their car! Must be one of the first M2C's with a roll cage?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #142
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post

Wow, they didn't take long to modify the heck out of their car! Must be one of the first M2C's with a roll cage?
Yes he's on here, idk if he wants to be known though. Both him and Parker are friends of mine. Good people
      12-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #143
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaing51 View Post
Yes he's on here, idk if he wants to be known though. Both him and Parker are friends of mine. Good people
Do you know why? I'm sure everyone would love to hear his impressions, especially since so many of the stuff he's done he's first to do / one of a few.

I must say that's a rare person who mods their car that much and stays off the forums and doesn't post about what he's done to his car... Since he's probably the only person right now with a roll cage, guess it would be easy to figure it out if he did...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 10:51 PM   #144
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Guessing there’s only one white m2c with a cage and he posted a thread with a pic of him driving with a leg out the window so I don’t think he’s trying to stay anonymous.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2018, 11:19 PM   #145
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you know why? I'm sure everyone would love to hear his impressions, especially since so many of the stuff he's done he's first to do / one of a few.

I must say that's a rare person who mods their car that much and stays off the forums and doesn't post about what he's done to his car... Since he's probably the only person right now with a roll cage, guess it would be easy to figure it out if he did...
He loves it! I also drove the car, made it extremely stiff in the rear end. Had a fantastic feel and handled super well. A nice coil-over suspension and that car is set.
      12-13-2018, 11:20 PM   #146
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Guessing there’s only one white m2c with a cage and he posted a thread with a pic of him driving with a leg out the window so I don’t think he’s trying to stay anonymous.
Bingo! hahaha That's him.

Also correction, his car is HS.
      12-15-2018, 01:08 PM   #147
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
He loves it! I also drove the car, made it extremely stiff in the rear end. Had a fantastic feel and handled super well. A nice coil-over suspension and that car is set.
Which coilovers did he go with? If I'm going to spend the cash and do it, I'll probably do an electronic version, unless there's big drawbacks to them vs. regular ones, or they're crazy expensive. Like KW DDC's. Haven't priced them yet.

Quote:
So then why the continued mystery as to who it is? Just post up his handle, so we can search for his threads!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #148
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bingo! hahaha That's him.
Also correction, his car is HS.
Quote:
Quote:
Which coilovers did he go with? If I'm going to spend the cash and do it, I'll probably do an electronic version, unless there's big drawbacks to them vs. regular ones, or they're crazy expensive. Like KW DDC's. Haven't priced them yet.
So then why the continued mystery as to who it is? Just post up his handle, so we can search for his threads!
Feel free to ask forum fellow Sebastian212az about his M2C in his dedicated threads: