bplewis24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2 Comp; Tesla Model3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshalygin View Post
Great video but I feel like they just said nice things about both cars :/
I can appreciate that because I own both cars!

Or at least I will when my M2C shows up next month!

Also, I was pretty sure the one guy who loves BMWs and calls himself a gearhead would go for the M2C, and the other guy (who has shown a preference for the Audi RS3 in the past because of the AWD and interior) would go for the Tesla. Looks like that's how it ended up.
      12-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

As stupid as this sounds, but I did look at the model 3 pretty closely before jumping into the M2c and honestly they are totally different cars.

The interior on the model 3 is abysmal. Modern design is not slapping a huge iPad and providing a bunch of UI controls. The rest of the interior is just lulz.

The model 3 is fast sure, but that goes without saying, it's an EV motor lol. Mechanics 101....

What the model 3 does well is commuting and long distance trips with the fam. The other part is a conversation piece with friends and fam.

The M2c is a drivers/enthusiast car. Ain't nobody buying this car to go from point A to point B. Look at the cayman thread, if you want social status just buy a Porsche or a MBZ.

The model 3 is driven by soccer moms half the time. They don't care how fast it is, they bought it partly for social status and partly for practicality(lol 60k+ car to save on gas costs lololololol Arithmetic 101 fail).

The model 3 does nothing in terms of environmental impact. It's actually substantially worse for the environment than any ICE. Disposing of Li Ion batteries is fairly complex and cumbersome. Most countries do not have viable access to recycling locations, you don't just dump this car at the local junkyard.

But I digress...cool video.

But why TF are they driving the M2 in the snow? Are these guys trolls? Lol
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      12-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #5
bplewis24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2 Comp; Tesla Model3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshalygin View Post
The model 3 does nothing in terms of environmental impact. It's actually substantially worse for the environment than any ICE.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, which I won't really address, but this part is not true. This is of course the FUD that auto manufacturers and oil/gas have been spreading for a while, but it's not accurate. This is a good video explaining in the most favorable terms to ICE assumptions why/how:

12-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #6
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, which I won't really address, but this part is not true. This is of course the FUD that auto manufacturers and oil/gas have been spreading for a while, but it's not accurate. This is a good video explaining in the most favorable terms to ICE assumptions why/how:

Good vid thanks for sharing, looks like I ought to do a bit more research. I'll be honest I dont know a ton on the EV front other than the basics that I learned in school.
Appreciate 0