BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Stock N55 M2 Needed for Dinan Development

12-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Stock N55 M2 Needed for Dinan Development

Dinan is in need of a more or less stock N55 M2 to help bring the N55 flash tunes to completion and release. While we have a big turbo variant on premises we still need a stock / lightly modded car to finish that variant of calibration.

If you are in the SE (preferably in the Atlanta, GA / Auburn, AL area and are interested please send an email to developmentcars@dinancars.com to go over details. Please include contact info, what mods are present if any, and last 7 of the VIN in the email.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Given the fact you have a big turbo development car, I'm guessing it was (really) worthwhile to create a flash tune. Can you give any preliminary indication of a power gain/smoothness over the Dinantronics stage 4? Were the limited fueling issues overcome? Will buyers be able to trade in their harnesses and pay a marginal amount for the software like the S55 owners do?

Good luck on finding a test car.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #3
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Given the fact you have a big turbo development car, I'm guessing it was (really) worthwhile to create a flash tune. Can you give any preliminary indication of a power gain/smoothness over the Dinantronics stage 4? Were the limited fueling issues overcome? Will buyers be able to trade in their harnesses and pay a marginal amount for the software like the S55 owners do?

Good luck on finding a test car.
The big turbo car is our old press car that one of our engineers bought from the company. Its always around for development as long as he is employed. =)

I have not been privy to any power data but the the fueling limitations are still the big roadblock on any tune for the N55 M2.

Upgrade path would ultimately be similar to the S55 stuff if not the same. Upgrade pricing for the warranty should be the same as S55 but the out of the gate price will differ (just like on the DINANTRONICS side).
Appreciate 1
No Boost4019.00
      05-06-2021, 09:33 PM   #4
KKRF87
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I would be interested in doing this with your organization. I am based out of Charleston SC.
Appreciate 0