BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Professional Ceramic Coating Installer

10-22-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
bngcruiser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '89 Land Cruiser, '18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Professional Ceramic Coating Installer

Hey guys,

Title really says it all, looking for a good Ceramic Coater in the area. I have an appointment with SigmaKore on November 4th, but wanted to hear feedback as their service will be $1300.

Thanks,

Jack
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bngcruiser View Post
Hey guys,

Title really says it all, looking for a good Ceramic Coater in the area. I have an appointment with SigmaKore on November 4th, but wanted to hear feedback as their service will be $1300.

Thanks,

Jack
I had Denver Auto Shield do their Level 2 paint correction & ceramic coating, followed by installation of their “Driver’s Package” paint protection film.

Very, VERY impressed-- they were actually wearing anti-scratch suits while working on the cars.

I had SigmaKore do a ceramic coating on my wife's RDX. It was fine for a daily that lives outside, but I thought that the Denver Auto Shield guys just did a better job and the shine seems to be better.

For comparison purposes: The Driver's package at Denver Auto Shield included: front bumper, headlamps, full hod, full front fenders, rocker panels, lower door strip, A pillars, roof strip, mirrors, door cups and rear quarter panel for $2470 (with a 5% discount for military). Door edges, enlarged rear area (where the M2C gets wide) and a strip under the gas cap were included at no charge.

The Level 2 ceramic coating was $1425 (with a 5% discount for military).

I had the wheels removed and the wheels, interior barrel and brake calipers ceramic coated as well for $285 (again, with a 5% discount for military).

Total was $4180 out the door.

SigmaKore was $1250 for ceramic coating.

Fwiw, in the spring, I'll be bringing my wife's Miata to Denver Auto Shield instead of SigmaKore. Make of that what you will.

I'm in Littleton if you'd like to look at the M2C or the RDX.

R.
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #3
bngcruiser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bngcruiser View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks,

Jack
I had Denver Auto Shield do their Level 2 paint correction & ceramic coating, followed by installation of their "Driver's Package" paint protection film.

Very, VERY impressed-- they were actually wearing anti-scratch suits while working on the cars.

I had SigmaKore do a ceramic coating on my wife's RDX. It was fine for a daily that lives outside, but I thought that the Denver Auto Shield guys just did a better job and the shine seems to be better.

For comparison purposes: The Driver's package at Denver Auto Shield included: front bumper, headlamps, full hod, full front fenders, rocker panels, lower door strip, A pillars, roof strip, mirrors, door cups and rear quarter panel for $2470 (with a 5% discount for military). Door edges, enlarged rear area (where the M2C gets wide) and a strip under the gas cap were included at no charge.

I had the wheels removed and the wheels, interior barrel and brake calipers ceramic coated as well for $285 (again, with a 5% discount for military).

Fwiw, in the spring, I'll be bringing my wife's Miata to Denver Auto Shield instead of SigmaKore. Make of that what you will.

R.
This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for - thank you very much!
      04-23-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
zatchmo
Private
Rep
Drives: 11 328xi

Quote:
I had Denver Auto Shield do their Level 2 paint correction & ceramic coating, followed by installation of their “Driver’s Package” paint protection film.

R.
Not sure how active you are in this forum, but do you have a 6 month review on the work done here? Is it holding up well? I jumped in and am just entering production now so I'm researching paint protection and local shops. The last time I had anything done was in Boulder, but that shop is long gone now. A friend had some Xpel work done in Loveland and although quality of work was okay, level of protection didn't live up to his standards. I25 isn't a friendly highway to paint.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 02:23 PM   #5
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatchmo View Post
Quote:

R.
Not sure how active you are in this forum, but do you have a 6 month review on the work done here? Is it holding up well? I jumped in and am just entering production now so I'm researching paint protection and local shops. The last time I had anything done was in Boulder, but that shop is long gone now. A friend had some Xpel work done in Loveland and although quality of work was okay, level of protection didn't live up to his standards. I25 isn't a friendly highway to paint.
Getting on jet, so this'll be quick.

Denver Auto Shield? Yes, yes, oh God YES!

SigmaKore? Meh.

I'm in Littleton if you want to see their work.

R.
      05-30-2021, 09:10 PM   #6
21_M2 Competition
DasBimmer21
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Getting on jet, so this'll be quick.

Denver Auto Shield? Yes, yes, oh God YES!

SigmaKore? Meh.

I'm in Littleton if you want to see their work.

R.
Appreciate the recommendation. Ended up with scheduling Denver Auto Shield too after reading this.
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6616.00
      05-31-2021, 12:10 AM   #7
zatchmo
Private
Rep
Drives: 11 328xi

I guess I should follow up and say "ditto". Though I chose to just have them do ppf and tint. I still like to do the polish and coating myself. I did order Gyeon coating products based on their recommendation. My appointment is scheduled for mid July. I'll post pics.

Last edited by zatchmo; 05-31-2021 at 12:16 AM..
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6616.00
      06-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #8
bngcruiser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I too had a great experience with them. Washing the car is so brilliantly easy to bring it back to that great shine.