M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > 2-Day M School On Deck

07-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT Build Week 33

Smile 2-Day M School On Deck

So flying down to SC later today for the 2-day M school tomorrow and Sunday. Pretty damn excited in general but especially excited to be able to go to a school that has the m2c in its current fleet of cars. It'll be fun to have more interaction with the DCT compared to my 6MT. Longest current gen DCT experience I've had thus far was a test drive in a 2018 M2 before I ordered the comp. Also looking forward to the m4 comp pack and m5. I'll try and take as many pics/vids as possible and will try to write out my feedback on my flight back Monday morning.
speedsnice1169.00
cptobvious2531.50
Poochie9099.00
      07-05-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Enjoy! I did a one day M school at the end of March this year. It was a blast. They just received the new M2Cs. I plan to do the 2 day very soon. I am considering that or Barber.

The M5 w/Comp belies logic. It is very fast and capable but a bit numb.

The school also runs 2-2.5 day schools at select tracks throughout the year. They just did one at Sebring. I am waiting for another at Road Atlanta, however, that may not be until next year according to the Driving School. You need to have the 1 or 2 day M cert before committing.

Last edited by devo; 07-05-2019 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
Kleinacus671.00
      07-05-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
jdubm2c
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinacus View Post
So flying down to SC later today for the 2-day M school tomorrow and Sunday. Pretty damn excited in general but especially excited to be able to go to a school that has the m2c in its current fleet of cars. It'll be fun to have more interaction with the DCT compared to my 6MT. Longest current gen DCT experience I've had thus far was a test drive in a 2018 M2 before I ordered the comp. Also looking forward to the m4 comp pack and m5. I'll try and take as many pics/vids as possible and will try to write out my feedback on my flight back Monday morning.
Sounds like fun! I look forward to your feedback. I was wondering if the couple of track days with coaches I've had would make Day 1 redundant/boring at the school (except for the other cool cars). Do they run schools all summer even with the temps 110+? Windows closed and AC on, or sweat it out?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubm2c View Post
Sounds like fun! I look forward to your feedback. I was wondering if the couple of track days with coaches I've had would make Day 1 redundant/boring at the school (except for the other cool cars). Do they run schools all summer even with the temps 110+? Windows closed and AC on, or sweat it out?
If you had coached track days, I would guess the One Day M School may be somewhat redundant. Although, seat time is seat time. BMW does windows closed, AC, walkie-talkies in each car and one instructor for every 8 students. They ran 3 different 8 student segments at a time.

Last edited by devo; 07-05-2019 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0