BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > M2C M Performance Front Splitter

09-05-2023, 08:45 PM   #1
ZCPMV8
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

M2C M Performance Front Splitter

Just purchased a 2021. Was hoping someone can point me in the right direction - looking to buy a M Performance CF front splitter. Are there good 3rd party sites I can save a buck..or should I just go thru bmw? Also interested in CS style cf splitters as well. Only place I could easily find was IND, but seems like they're same price wise as bmw.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 12:32 PM   #2
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

In the same boat, debating between M-Performance vs CS. From what I found getbmwparts or bmwpartsworldwide has the best dealer prices, I don't think third party resellers are any cheaper.

For the CS, I found Schmiedmann to be far cheaper
https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...1-11-8-078-455 ~$1700 after shipping from Europe

Anyone have experience with Schiedmann?
      09-06-2023, 10:32 PM   #3
ZCPMV8
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp087 View Post
In the same boat, debating between M-Performance vs CS. From what I found getbmwparts or bmwpartsworldwide has the best dealer prices, I don't think third party resellers are any cheaper.

For the CS, I found Schmiedmann to be far cheaper
https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...1-11-8-078-455 ~$1700 after shipping from Europe

Anyone have experience with Schiedmann?
Let me know what u end up going with, and thanks for the tip. FYI, I called a local dealer and casually asked if they can work with me on any pricing. The parts employee actually offered around $150 off the MP splitter and gave me a quote # that shows the discounted amount if I decide to buy it. I'm still debating, but thought I'd share. I usually have good luck with Parts department being pretty helpful.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 12:56 AM   #4
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I just pulled the trigger on the CS lip from Schmiedmann. From what I found they seem to be a reputable vendor in Europe, plus I am ordering OEM, PLUS I got shipping insurance, still came down to under $1700. I could've gone with the M-perf within the US for $1500, but my gut feeling tells me I will appreciate the CS's more aggressive design. Perhaps I will regret it once I scrape it.

They say expected ship date 20 business days, lets see if they can get it out sooner!
      09-07-2023, 02:12 AM   #5
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just to add another factor, I just realized through another post here that apparently there may need to be cutting of the bumper to fit the CS lip. All the videos and reviews I saw were of replicas, I really did not see anyone fit the OEM CS lip onto the Competition, so makes sense. There seems to be a set of mounting brackets that in itself costs several hundred dollars, so I need to find out if there are any workarounds.
      09-07-2023, 09:27 AM   #6
ZCPMV8
Private
Rep

Quote:
Just to add another factor, I just realized through another post here that apparently there may need to be cutting of the bumper to fit the CS lip. All the videos and reviews I saw were of replicas, I really did not see anyone fit the OEM CS lip onto the Competition, so makes sense. There seems to be a set of mounting brackets that in itself costs several hundred dollars, so I need to find out if there are any workarounds.
Nice purchase. I heard that too. Do you know where the cuts have to be made?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 04:58 PM   #7
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Saw you found the other thread, I'll be following up on the technical parts there as there seems to be more info. As for the purchase, I may have to cancel- It's either
1)Buy all the brackets for another $600 and do a proper install (Remove and cut bumper, mount hardware onto bumper)- It seems like a huge hassle especially since I was planning on parting out when it comes time to sell

2) Improvise or skip the two brackets (like any other lip install) but without assistance of Tape and just hope theres no gap

3) Cancel order and settle with M-performance

4) Cancel and get CS Replica
      09-09-2023, 06:45 PM   #8
ZCPMV8
Private
Rep

Quote:
Saw you found the other thread, I'll be following up on the technical parts there as there seems to be more info. As for the purchase, I may have to cancel- It's either
1)Buy all the brackets for another $600 and do a proper install (Remove and cut bumper, mount hardware onto bumper)- It seems like a huge hassle especially since I was planning on parting out when it comes time to sell

2) Improvise or skip the two brackets (like any other lip install) but without assistance of Tape and just hope theres no gap

3) Cancel order and settle with M-performance

4) Cancel and get CS Replica
I think Im going the RW route. There's a few local folks that I've spoken with that vouch for the quality, fitment, and even longevity (as far as fading is concerned). And they've got 10% sale right now.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 02:08 AM   #9
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I ended up cancelling the OEM, will be going with a Replica.

I'm narrowed down to two vendors:

1. RW Carbon- I've seen mixed responses- most complaints seem to be longevity and hit-or-miss fitment. Since I am local I can even have them install so I don't have to run into issues. (But also leaves chance that they will do quick-and-dirty workarounds to force it to fit) They have NO warranty, so honestly not the most reliable from my point of view. ($720+Tax+No shipping for me)

2. TRE (AutoID) is their premium dry prepreg CF, which apparently gives more longevity, deeper color, and they offer 2 years warranty ($721+Shipping+No Tax) AutoID seem to be much more involved in the BMW forums and community recently

Pros and Cons for both, what are your thoughts on AutoID?
      09-10-2023, 11:10 AM   #10
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

I'd go with AutoID for the warranty alone.
Appreciate 0