BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Akrapovic Mid Pipe and Muffler M2 CS Sound at start up

10-16-2022, 08:47 PM   #89
MinionM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 // 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinionM3 View Post
I was dead set on remaining in the "keep it stock" crowd - this is the first car I have ever had that I didn't start tearing up immediately, but coming up on 2-years of ownership, this thread has me thinking the Akra would make a proper two-year "anniversary" present

My e92 M has been the toy that I tinker with for so long, I think it's about time the M2 gets some proper aftermarket love. Really wish I could hear one in person before committing though :
I resisted for a while because I had trouble justifying something that doesn't really impact performance. I wish I had done it sooner. It brings me much joy. Treat yoself

I wasn't a Parks and Rec fan until now / maybe that vid will help convince my wife it's a good idea… lol

Current Garage:
2012 M3 ZCP, Mineral White, DCT: Track Build
2020 M2CS, Misano Blue, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 06:26 AM   #90
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginijr1 View Post
Did you check all connections? Mine sounds deep and no squeaks
It's very quiet unless valves are opened manually. The system functions in Auto (BMW program) or open. The auto logic is very quiet, but you'll appreciate it on the highway. If your fob turns red and you don't notice a substantial change, then I'd say the sound control kit isn't working.
The valves are working, that's why I said at idle with the valves open it sounds crap, it just sounds rough, unlike the 1m for example, it has the DP cats and a superprint straight pipe to stock back box and it sounds awesome at all rev range.

So, to clarify; The Akra sounds amazing once you get going but I don't think with the valves open at idle it sounds good, when the valves open around 2.5k on Wot it's an amazing sound one of the best I've heard
I had Akra with and without modified midpipe. I ended up with stock midpipe and definitely prefer the sound profile of that Akra setup over stock at all rpm's.
Appreciate 0