BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Thoughts after Sydney Eastern Creek BMW drive day with M4/3/2 Comps

09-16-2022, 02:29 AM   #1
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
I used my M2 CS drivers package BMW drive voucher yesterday to (finally) attend an Advanced 2 M driving day after 2 years of Covid delays.

The day had about 20 M3/4/2 comps for track, skid pan, slalom, and obstacle avoidance. It was bucketing down rain for the first half of the track session when I was in the M2 Comp.

Some observations.
1. The G80/2 were very confidence-inspiring on track in the wet (and these were RWD cars).
2. The M2 Comps were out in the worst of the rain and I had at least one moment when I thought it was the end of me. The rears were very twitchy and broke free regularly.
3. The M2's were considered the most fun, but the M3/4 cars had a brilliantly sorted chassis. You could feel the weight distribution at 50/50 and the car rotating brilliantly under speed and in very difficult drive conditions.
4. I remembered back to when I heard a new F80 fired up on the skid pan 7 years ago and the look of disappointed shock sweep though the drivers gathered when we heard the sound. No such issue with any of the cars here. BMW has largely fixed that issue.

Some pictures from the event attached.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
RideM317.00
Davil6524.50
Hedoniste3834.00
      09-25-2022, 06:01 AM   #2
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
This is awesome

Aria and I are going tomorrow to the Adelaide event

Must be tons of fun

EDIT:

One to add to your delightful collection (please forgive my distinct lack of photographic prowess 🙏🏼
Attached Images

Jimjamz4583.00