BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > BMW M2 Competition: production, order dates, engine specs & more (pre-launch info)

Closed Thread

09-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #727
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
I was looking to have either an M2 or the CS by March/April of 2018... after the salt washes away.

-If i get the M2, I can have the car in March. I am going to look into replacing the hood and possibly the roof with something a bit more aggressive and a few other Carbon Fiber bits. Most likely will do the Dinan S2 package. So, for 15k I will have @ 440hp and 450tq, as well as some aggressive looks, upgraded suspension, better cooling/breathing, and the Mineral Grey I want.
-If i wait for CS, I may have it by May? September? So, for 10-20k over stock M2 It probably will have the aggressive look, 410 hp and +450tq, upgraded suspension, better cooling, but not the Mineral Grey i want.

Did i just talk myself into the 2018 LCI with Dinan S2 and carbon fiber parts? I am quite afraid of the dealership's part in all of this. I am not a long-time bmw buyer. I dont have a pedigree in my garage. While i am technically #1 at my dealership for CS, Will they sell to me as a first time BMW owner?() Will they sell one to me without a massive mark-up?(not likely) I would hate to pass up on the M2 in march, only to wait til May-Aug-October? to find out i have no chance at a CS.
Well do you have it in writing you will pay MSRP no less no more?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 11:51 PM   #728
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
I was looking to have either an M2 or the CS by March/April of 2018... after the salt washes away.

-If i get the M2, I can have the car in March. I am going to look into replacing the hood and possibly the roof with something a bit more aggressive and a few other Carbon Fiber bits. Most likely will do the Dinan S2 package. So, for 15k I will have @ 440hp and 450tq, as well as some aggressive looks, upgraded suspension, better cooling/breathing, and the Mineral Grey I want.
-If i wait for CS, I may have it by May? September? So, for 10-20k over stock M2 It probably will have the aggressive look, 410 hp and +450tq, upgraded suspension, better cooling, but not the Mineral Grey i want.

Did i just talk myself into the 2018 LCI with Dinan S2 and carbon fiber parts? I am quite afraid of the dealership's part in all of this. I am not a long-time bmw buyer. I dont have a pedigree in my garage. While i am technically #1 at my dealership for CS, Will they sell to me as a first time BMW owner?() Will they sell one to me without a massive mark-up?(not likely) I would hate to pass up on the M2 in march, only to wait til May-Aug-October? to find out i have no chance at a CS.
Writing schmiting ... seriously. This is an individual dealer situation. Some dealers are reputable and honest. Most are out for a buck.

All they have to do is place a MARKET ADJUSTMENT tag on it bigger than the wallet of ' guy that thinks he is #1 '. Or the owner will purchase it... or any number of things.

The key here is.. unless you know the people at the dealership and how they do business .. it's a crapshoot.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:05 AM   #729
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando
Quote:

yes I do have it in writing but it was due to a competitor dealership offering the same vehicle at MSRP. So I'm guessing I would have to be able to show I could get CS at another dealership for MSRP... If that makes any sense.
      09-05-2017, 02:32 AM   #730
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Can anyone look at all the test mule videos and photos that we have so far and venture a guess on the tires that are being used. The cup tires on the M4 CS seem to look a little different from the ones we've seen in all the videos and photos.

Also in the 1:51 video, the car was sliding pretty badly in the wet which could mean that they are using some sort of summer tire.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 05:01 AM   #731
N54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Can anyone look at all the test mule videos and photos that we have so far and venture a guess on the tires that are being used. The cup tires on the M4 CS seem to look a little different from the ones we've seen in all the videos and photos.

Also in the 1:51 video, the car was sliding pretty badly in the wet which could mean that they are using some sort of summer tire.
Took this two weeks ago at M test centre

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 06:51 AM   #732
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
It's almost the end of the year and no M4 CS deliveries or pricing information...:

Not feeling optimistic that this M2 CS will arrive in a timely manner.
Which year...? BMW sales year, sorry not being sarcastic, for me start of September is nowhere near the end of the calendar year...1/3 still to go Set, Oct, Nov & Dec??
      09-05-2017, 08:10 AM   #733
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
It's almost the end of the year and no M4 CS deliveries or pricing information...:

Not feeling optimistic that this M2 CS will arrive in a timely manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Which year...? BMW sales year, sorry not being sarcastic, for me start of September is nowhere near the end of the calendar year...1/3 still to go Set, Oct, Nov & Dec??
Indeed. Orders books are expected to be open from January 2018 so there's still plenty of time. Production likely to start from March 2018 with first deliveries in May 2018.

This is exactly the timeline for the 1M. That wasn't fully revealed until late December 2010 with teasers from September 2010 IIRC.

Appeared at the Detroit auto show in January 2011.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #734
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 View Post
Took this two weeks ago at M test centre

It's hard to make out what those tires are.

Wait, where are the rest of those pictures ?.
You seem to have been able to get really close to the car. What else did you notice or find out.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #735
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Those are no Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Maybe Michelin Pilot Sport 3 ?
      09-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #736
N54
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Wait, where are the rest of those pictures ?.
You seem to have been able to get really close to the car. What else did you notice or find out.
It was parked right next to the fence in their compound.
I walked along hatzenbachstrasse and was right next to it.
Didn't notice much really, the covers / camo was doing its job.
Couldn't see if it was manual or auto but from the gear changes on the videos I think it's DCT.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #737
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Couldn't see if it was manual or auto but from the gear changes on the videos I think it's DCT.
Any closeups of the calipers? You had to get more photos then that.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:08 PM   #738
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
I do wonder why BMW has Camo on the upper part of the front bumper. Not sure what could be changing there since nothing changed on the M4 CS.

Can you please post the rest of the pictures that you took of the car. Brakes, interior, rear. Everything you have basically.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #739
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
How about the seats?
      09-05-2017, 12:19 PM   #740
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I do wonder why BMW has Camo on the upper part of the front bumper. Not sure what could be changing there since nothing changed on the M4 CS.

Can you please post the rest of the pictures that you took of the car. Brakes, interior, rear. Everything you have basically.
I wondered if they are going to a one piece front clip. The hommage concept has fenders and front clip molded into one piece. That's a bit extreme for this car, but just the front clip with integrated aero??? Not as complex as adjustable GTS splitter.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #741
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I wondered if they are going to a one piece front clip. The hommage concept has fenders and front clip molded into one piece. That's a bit extreme for this car, but just the front clip with integrated aero??? Not as complex as adjustable GTS splitter.
I believe the base M2 already has a one piece front clip. No way they're gonna give us the hommage concept no matter how much we wish for it.

I just think that the whole front bumper is being camouflaged since that part might be changing with bigger air intakes or something and maybe it's standard procedure to camouflage the whole part and not just the portion that is changing.

Also, the M2 LCI had the same camo in it's spyshots. We all know that nothing changed on that car. It could be the same with the CS as well. Everyone's anticipating a big change and BMW just gives us the exact same bumper as on the base M2. That will be a surprise.

Last edited by Gatte; 09-05-2017 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #742
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Here's my guess.

It has been confirmed in Summer 2016 that "an M2 model is testing a new aerodynamic aid similar to this".

So, if the M2 CS is supposed to get a bolted-on or integrated 'splitter' (front lip à la BMW GT6 Vision Concept) for aerodynamics and design reasons...

Name:  BMW_GT6_VC_Front.jpg
Views: 5790
Size:  52.0 KB

...then maybe these four 'warts' (neither available, nor necessary, for the flat-nosed base M2) could also be considered worthwhile for some visual assistance when parking the car (worth hiding under camouflage for the moment) ?

Name:  M4_CS_Front.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  547.0 KB

For the record: the BMW GT6 Vision Concept:

09-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #743
N54
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

This is all I've got
You couldn't walk around the car
I could have walked into the compound but don't think that would have gone down too well

Appreciate 4
Gatte1193.00
Artemis28911.50
StephGOD218.50
      09-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #744
Chapman1977
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

For the record: the BMW GT6 Vision Concept:
[PICTURES]
Wow - that is one sexy project car.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #745
N54
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
How about the seats?
Couldn't see them clearly but looked like had covers on
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #746
Artemis
Rep

As if a base M2 was kicked 'a fat lip' (pun intended).

To my eyes, this whole chunky plastic camouflage construction is just a mask bolted on the front end to hide a splitter / front lip (and maybe also front PDC).

Otherwise said: by bolting-on that mask, the splitter is less obvious.

Name:  M2_CS_Testmule.jpg
Views: 4091
Size:  250.5 KB
      09-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #747
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I think the integrated splitter makes sense. It's the only area on the front that looks to be changing besides air inlets, and goes along with Scott26 comment about less complexity.

Now just add the ducktail, and call it a day.

Edit:. An integrated splitter would also separate it as slightly "cheaper" when compared to m4 CS since it wouldn't be CF.

Last edited by medphysdave; 09-05-2017 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #748
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Paddles next to the steering wheel = M-DCT for this test mule.
Quote:
Couldn't see them [seats] clearly but looked like had covers on
Seats got covers = this test mule likely features different seats than those of the base M2.

Name:  M2_CS_Testmule_2.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  70.9 KB