BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Dashcam footage captures Tire Shop Joyriding an M2

05-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Dashcam footage captures Tire Shop Joyriding an M2

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Well boys make sure you have dashcams and make sure you capture all the BS that these scumbags are doing with your cars.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2019/05/...de-allegation/
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:18 AM   #2
Gusman1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Damn that sucks. But those guys are idiots. They saw the dash cam but still decided to joy ride.
      05-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #3
mrdatalife
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Speaking of this - Blackvue still the camera to get? Something better out now (with front & rear)?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 07:39 AM   #4
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, MK8 R, RS6 Avant

Sucks for the owner, but I wouldn’t trust Canadian Tire to work on any nice car lol
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 08:39 AM   #5
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Certainly sucks to have a stranger drive like that in your car

suppose to drive customers cars better then their car (suppose to any way)

My neighbor, brother and dad ALL did burnouts separately, likely above 6k rpm before breakin just to get me aggravated AND laugh SMH but I know them it's different it's ok

Stranger different story, I would have the urge to pull his arms out of his shoulder sockets...

Just (urge) lol
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13117.00
      05-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #6
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdatalife View Post
Speaking of this - Blackvue still the camera to get? Something better out now (with front & rear)?
Ordering it today!

$500'ish with the back cam, already got pulled over 2 times in 2 weeks, no front plate AND speeding (barely over limit) nice to have video if I need to take a ticket off, I have several cars/trucks so a couple points costs me over $2k in additional insurance costs for year(s)

Both times no ticket no warnings 🙌
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:31 PM   #7
Mors
Rep
Drives: e36 M3, '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdatalife View Post
I use Thinkware 800 Pro, or F800 pro, it’s a god send. Front back and parking recording.

I also got a cell link Neo so it can record for about a week without being started, since I only drive occasionally.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:33 PM   #8
silverds
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: you up a wall

Just my opinion and not a judgement of anyone's disgust. I was expecting so much worse. Joe Achilles drove more aggressively than this with a borrowed M2C that was only 150 miles into its break-in.

I understand why it's disgusting. I just don't think this deserved anything more than a reprimand of the driver and a robust customer discount.

A scandal, this hardly is. But it's Canada, different culture, what the heck do I know.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:58 PM   #9
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
Just my opinion and not a judgement of anyone's disgust. I was expecting so much worse. Joe Achilles drove more aggressively than this with a borrowed M2C that was only 150 miles into its break-in.

I understand why it's disgusting. I just don't think this deserved anything more than a reprimand of the driver and a robust customer discount.

A scandal, this hardly is. But it's Canada, different culture, what the heck do I know.
The difference is I'm sure the owner willingly gave Joe the car to play around with knowing what he was offering. When I drop my car off for a tire change there is absolutely no reason for one of the employees to take the car on the main road... especially not doing nearly triple the speed limit. If there is an issue that requires driving then they need to contact me first. I'd be pissed if this was my car.
Appreciate 3
///M TOWN13117.00
natmad667.00
      05-17-2019, 01:52 AM   #10
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
I drive my car in.

I drive my car out.

Nobody drives my car without me present !!
Tag17910.00
      05-17-2019, 04:05 AM   #11
omasou
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
I wouldn't call that joy riding. He took the car out for a short test drive after installing the tires. He stopped at every intersection and took every corner carefully.

He is only guilty of is being excited about driving a cool car.

Last edited by omasou; 05-17-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
silverds335.50
natmad667.00
      05-17-2019, 06:45 AM   #12
gobuffs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 S54 (race car)

All I think of watching that video is “damn, that’s a lot of stop signs”

It’s not that big of a deal IMO
Appreciate 3
silverds335.50
omasou2079.50
doug_9992538.50
      05-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #13
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
I wouldn't call that joy riding. He took the car out for a short test drive after installing the tires. He stopped at every intersection and took every corner carefully.

The only he he is guilty of is being excited about driving a cool car.
This is the issue with bringing an M car to a Canadian Tire. They work on garbage cars all day everyday and someone dropping off an M2 is a gift from heaven as they never get to drive nice cars. I'm still stunned someone took an M2 to Canadian Tire. For you americans that aren't familiar, Canadian Tire is like five levels below a Walmart service center and last resort for people that either have no money or no other options. Not excusing the driver that got fired because he's an idiot but so is the owner as everyone should know you don't take nice cars to a Canadian Tire service center.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #14
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post

The only he he is guilty of is being excited about driving a cool car.
It was a joy ride, albeit short. Cars do not need to be test driven after having tires installed. He also revved the car right after cold start. Yeah he didn't go nuts on the car, but he shouldn't have been behind the wheel and on the street with it to begin with.
Appreciate 1
natmad667.00
      05-17-2019, 12:35 PM   #15
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
This is the issue with bringing an M car to a Canadian Tire. They work on garbage cars all day everyday and someone dropping off an M2 is a gift from heaven as they never get to drive nice cars. I'm still stunned someone took an M2 to Canadian Tire. For you americans that aren't familiar, Canadian Tire is like five levels below a Walmart service center and last resort for people that either have no money or no other options. Not excusing the driver that got fired because he's an idiot but so is the owner as everyone should know you don't take nice cars to a Canadian Tire service center.
Well if that's the case the owner should check his wheels, sounds like the kind of place that would scratch and gouge them.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #16
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post

lolwut. Under no circumstances should any shop drive a customer's car without explicit consent from the customer.

Is respect just not a thing anymore?
Appreciate 2
natmad667.00
msdss497.50
      05-17-2019, 03:43 PM   #17
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Lets get in the real world here. That was pretty much a normal drive accept for some speed. he stopped at all signs and even used his signal. He wasn't doing burnouts, launch control, drifting the car, etc., that would be a joyride. He didn't even rev it up that much. When I had my shop and installed tires or did an alignment (especially brakes), all cars were test driven (mandatory) at least two miles, (even more if we did brakes) and you need to get some speed to verify balance no matter what the machine says. This is just an intolerant owner. Hell the BMW dealers by me do even longer test drives when they do an oil change to get an oil read and reset the TPMS. This was unfair punishment of the tech by a weak ass shop manager with no customer skills but to tuck tail.
      05-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #18
SimonBam
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Lets get in the real world here. That was pretty much a normal drive accept for some speed. he stopped at all signs and even used his signal. He wasn't doing burnouts, launch control, drifting the car, etc., that would be a joyride. He didn't even rev it up that much. When I had my shop and installed tires or did an alignment (especially brakes), all cars were test driven (mandatory) at least two miles, (even more if we did brakes) and you need to get some speed to verify balance no matter what the machine says. This is just an intolerant owner. Hell the BMW dealers by me do even longer test drives when they do an oil change to get an oil read and reset the TPMS. This was unfair punishment of the tech by a weak ass shop manager with no customer skills but to tuck tail.
+1 here, nothing to see here.
Appreciate 2
silverds335.50
doug_9992538.50
      05-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #19
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

I didn't think the driving was that aggressive but speeding is where I have a problem. What did it say in the article, 112 km/h in a 40? That's not good and then it can turn into a mess for the owner if there's a speed camera involved (assuming they are in the province where this happened).

Bottom line is if it's not your car, don't drive like an asshat.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 11:17 PM   #20
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
I drive my car in.

I drive my car out.

100% this. Though, i've gone to places where they have refused service when these terms are presented Claiming that it was some kind of insurance liability issue.

I'm not sure how full of shit they were, I just left and went some place else. But I guess most people will just shrug it off and give in most of the time?
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13117.00
      05-17-2019, 11:20 PM   #21
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
lolwut. Under no circumstances should any shop drive a customer's car without explicit consent from the customer.

Is respect just not a thing anymore?
Most shops, including dealerships, don't give a fuck about the customer, or their cars. I have a mechanic friend who openly told me never to take his car to his dealership, because they took them out on the weekends and beat the shit out of them.

When I had my WRX, I explicitly told the service manager I did not want my car going anywhere except in the bay, and then back to me. About an hour later I saw it doing launch pulls on the road behind the shop. And all they did when I complained was offer me a free oil change.
Appreciate 1
MMMBRAP975.50
      05-17-2019, 11:52 PM   #22
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
I drive my car in.

I drive my car out.

100% this. Though, i've gone to places where they have refused service when these terms are presented Claiming that it was some kind of insurance liability issue.

I'm not sure how full of shit they were, I just left and went some place else. But I guess most people will just shrug it off and give in most of the time?
No exceptions.

It's my car.