BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Purchasing a 2021 M2C! Questions.

03-24-2022, 07:42 AM   #1
zcp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 M3, 23 Ariya, 23 Pro-4X

Purchasing a 2021 M2C! Questions.

Hi everyone,

I sold my 911 and was looking to get back into an M2C.
It was a 2013 C2 7MT for those that are wondering.
I miss the power and having a newer car that’s good for road trips.

I found a local car for sale.
2021 M2C 6MT with 2,900 miles.
Hockenheim | Slicktop | Orange Stitch | Black Wheels.
Does not have Executive Pack.

The deal seems ok, not good, not great, but sometimes you overpay a little for convenience and for the right spec.

That being said, I am bummed it doesn’t have the Executive Pack as I love the adaptive LEDs, heated steering wheel and wireless charger.

Any ideas how to add those things after the fact?

Thanks!

Last edited by zcp; 03-26-2022 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 08:07 AM   #2
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

I remember looking into this when I was shopping too and I believe the headlights can be swapped and coded to function.

The heated steering wheel might be a challenge because there is a column mounted button to take into account. It's nice to have but I find it unnecessary for a large majority of my driving. Maybe just swap out for alcantara since it keeps the steering wheel temperature from getting too hot or cold?

I've never used the wireless charger. Mainly because my phone can charge from 0-100% in less than an hour but I'm sure the function can be retrofitted.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 08:24 AM   #3
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

You did good because you ended up with an M2C.

The money doesn't matter, driving a car you wanted does.

Congrats and enjoy in good health!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 10:23 AM   #4
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

It will be cost prohibitive to upgrade the lights and will cause future software update issues. I have a 21 comp with the LED lights but my old 17 HID lights seemed better to me. The wireless charger is a waste to me. It takes up to much space in the console and I have iPhones that just over heat and turn off when charging. Maybe thats because I have a silicone case on it? I plan to remove it. I have always said I wouldn't sell mine, but for $68,500 that could change my mind.....
      03-24-2022, 10:47 AM   #5
nismosao
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Toyota Tacoma, '21 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991.1 View Post
Hi everyone,

I sold my 911 and was looking to get back into an M2C.
It was a 2013 C2 7MT for those that are wondering.
I miss the power and having a newer car that’s good for road trips.

I found a local car for sale.
2021 M2C 6MT with 2,900 miles.
Hockenheim | Slicktop | Orange Stitch | Black Wheels.
Does not have Executive Pack.

Seller agreed to $68,500.
Which I know is $8k above sticker, but I think we all know that no one is buying this car with these miles for sticker anytime soon.

The deal seems ok, not good, not great, but sometimes you overpay a little for convenience and for the right spec.

That being said, I am bummed it doesn’t have the Executive Pack as I love the adaptive LEDs, heated steering wheel and wireless charger.

Any ideas how to add those things after the fact?

Thanks!
Did you purchase the vehicle already? Hard to tell as the "drives" portion under your username says that you have a 2021 M2C.

Anyways, you should be aware that the later 2021 versions (I think after April production) have the adapative LEDs even without specifying the executive package. You may want to look into this and find out.
      03-24-2022, 10:57 AM   #6
SchnellerM2C
Private
Rep
Drives: M2c, s54E30, Z3MCoupe,

I just bought a 2021 LBB exec pkg with 3K miles, about $12K in carbon fiber & AA exhaust options included for $69K (+ $1200 in "dealer fees" & $1800 for shipping ). To me it was worth the $ for the color as very few LBB cars are available for sale, especially with low miles..

However... in my search for this car, I found quite a few HHS & white ones to choose from. If the exec pkg options really matter to you, why not keep looking for the right car?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #7
tkl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 LBB M2C

The deal is about market value for you. I would second checking the car for the adaptive LED's. I had a late production 21 M2c and would not have specced the Exec pack if I had known I was getting the adaptive LED's. I live in Seattle and the heated steering wheel isn't very beneficial because the only time it is cold enough to use the function is weather I would not drive the M2c anyway. Also, if you have the larger iphone the wireless charger is absolutely useless because it does not fit and several members have noted the wireless charging is useless anway. I keep an extra apple cable in my car to charge it in emergency situations.

All in all, your spec that you desire is one of the most common M2c specs out there. HHS, 6MT, slick top, orange stich, and exec. black wheels is hit or miss on HHS I would keep searching since you aren't really getting a great deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:06 PM   #8
zcp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
I remember looking into this when I was shopping too and I believe the headlights can be swapped and coded to function.

The heated steering wheel might be a challenge because there is a column mounted button to take into account. It's nice to have but I find it unnecessary for a large majority of my driving. Maybe just swap out for alcantara since it keeps the steering wheel temperature from getting too hot or cold?

I've never used the wireless charger. Mainly because my phone can charge from 0-100% in less than an hour but I'm sure the function can be retrofitted.
Tbh I’ll probably do the CS steering wheel, so the heated element is irrelevant. Can’t say I’d spend the money on the headlights either. Stock headlights look kind of the same though?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:08 PM   #9
zcp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
You did good because you ended up with an M2C.

The money doesn't matter, driving a car you wanted does.

Congrats and enjoy in good health!
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:09 PM   #10
zcp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
It will be cost prohibitive to upgrade the lights and will cause future software update issues. I have a 21 comp with the LED lights but my old 17 HID lights seemed better to me. The wireless charger is a waste to me. It takes up to much space in the console and I have iPhones that just over heat and turn off when charging. Maybe thats because I have a silicone case on it? I plan to remove it. I have always said I wouldn't sell mine, but for $68,500 that could change my mind.....
Ya, I think I’m going to do the CS steering wheel anyways. The stock headlights kind of look the same. Maybe I’m not seeing something. Manual pulls a bit more than DCT, but if yours has really low miles, it’s definitely worth a lot! I also had a 2017 last year.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:12 PM   #11
zcp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismosao View Post
Did you purchase the vehicle already? Hard to tell as the "drives" portion under your username says that you have a 2021 M2C.

Anyways, you should be aware that the later 2021 versions (I think after April production) have the adapative LEDs even without specifying the executive package. You may want to look into this and find out.
I just updated my bio haha. Purchasing is pending now, but picking it up over the next week or two.
He ordered the car in August 2020 and took delivery in November 2020, so it might be a later build.
Do the non adaptive LEDs have the same hexagon LED rings in the headlights? This car has those.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:15 PM   #12
zcp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellerM2C View Post
I just bought a 2021 LBB exec pkg with 3K miles, about $12K in carbon fiber & AA exhaust options included for $69K (+ $1200 in "dealer fees" & $1800 for shipping ). To me it was worth the $ for the color as very few LBB cars are available for sale, especially with low miles..

However... in my search for this car, I found quite a few HHS & white ones to choose from. If the exec pkg options really matter to you, why not keep looking for the right car?
Good find!
Because if it’s a difference of $2-3k max, chances are it’s not going to be local like this one. Finding a HS manual 2021 with sub 10k miles for less than this is pretty unlikely. Especially a 1-owner since these cars seem to be passed around a lot with values climbing. It being a Slicktop is just an added bonus. Just bums me out it doesn’t have such an inexpensive package, but I don’t think I’ll care in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 12:17 PM   #13
zcp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkl View Post
The deal is about market value for you. I would second checking the car for the adaptive LED's. I had a late production 21 M2c and would not have specced the Exec pack if I had known I was getting the adaptive LED's. I live in Seattle and the heated steering wheel isn't very beneficial because the only time it is cold enough to use the function is weather I would not drive the M2c anyway. Also, if you have the larger iphone the wireless charger is absolutely useless because it does not fit and several members have noted the wireless charging is useless anway. I keep an extra apple cable in my car to charge it in emergency situations.

All in all, your spec that you desire is one of the most common M2c specs out there. HHS, 6MT, slick top, orange stich, and exec. black wheels is hit or miss on HHS I would keep searching since you aren't really getting a great deal.

I haven’t seen any other comparable cars in any color with 2k miles for less though. There was one on here that had 10+ offers. Listed for $65k. He took $67.5k. Was a 2021 6MT with 11k and had full PPF and Ohlins.

This might be the closest I get to new.

I agree with the headlights and the steering wheel if you see what I said in response to other comments as well.

Last edited by zcp; 03-25-2022 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 01:00 PM   #14
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
I wouldn't worry about the lights. Other than being adaptive, the base LEDs are basically the same, other than the round halos vs hex-shaped on the adaptive lights - and some people actually prefer the look of the round halos too. It's not like you're getting stuck with some crappy halogen reflector lights that would actually affect light output.
      03-25-2022, 01:35 PM   #15
zcp
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I wouldn't worry about the lights. Other than being adaptive, the base LEDs are basically the same, other than the round halos vs hex-shaped on the adaptive lights - and some people actually prefer the look of the round halos too. It's not like you're getting stuck with some crappy halogen reflector lights that would actually affect light output.
Looks like it’s the hexagons?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
(K)1278.00
      03-25-2022, 02:24 PM   #16
tkl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 LBB M2C

Congrats on the beauty! The photo is a bit hard to tell, but it looks like those are the adaptive LED's. You getting PPF/Ohlins definiately steps it up a bit and since you would probably have done those anway you got a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 05:54 PM   #17
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Yep that’s the adaptive lights. Cool. Apparently a lot of ‘21s got them after BMW apparently ran out of the base lights and just moved everybody to these.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 07:57 AM   #18
IcewaterPete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

Those do look like the adaptive headlights to me too. Great purchase and you’ll enjoy driving it without a doubt!

As far as the wireless charging is concerned, don’t sweat that one as I find way too slow and not worth it. Now the waiting begins!! Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50