BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Warnings after Valve cover gasket Replacement

04-08-2023, 08:37 PM   #1
ylafont
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E53

Warnings after Valve cover gasket Replacement

I tackled a Valve Cover replacement on my 2014 X5 (F15 N55), seemed simple enough after reading everything that needed to be done. I unplug the batter at left it unpluged for over 24 hours, however I don't think there was anything sensitive during the entire project that may cause these issues.
  • Collision Warning System Inactive
  • Pedestrian Warning Malfunction
  • Chassis stabilization Drive Moderately

these warning were not being displayed before I started. Did i accidently moved or unplugged something? any assistance is greatly preactivated.. thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 12:09 PM   #2
DomMuc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

start the engine and steer 3 times all the way left an right.. then the steering angle sensor should be initialized and wanrnings should disapear
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      04-10-2023, 06:38 PM   #3
ylafont
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomMuc View Post
start the engine and steer 3 times all the way left an right.. then the steering angle sensor should be initialized and wanrnings should disapear
DomMuc,

thank you for the reply, I actually did that to no avail, it is worth a try to do it again.

I did have a friend with an autel scanner and was able to reset the Steering Angle sensor, this remove the Chassis stabilization Drive Moderately warning. however the other two remain.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2023, 03:17 PM   #4
ylafont
Rep

Update - these warnings were non-stop for a while, it seems they have been finally cleared after multiple resets of the steering angle sensor (i think), i even lifted the vehicles front end and let ISAT+ perform a calibration. So after 10 or so days, yesterday was the day without warning.
Appreciate 0