BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > first time owning bmw, stage 1 logs

09-21-2023, 11:17 AM   #23
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

I purchased and run a CSF but would have gone with something else in hindsight now that I’ve been presented with more information.

Literally anything is an upgrade from stock, but that’s a low bar to clear.

Appreciate 1
      09-21-2023, 11:49 AM   #24
CanadianM2
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
I purchased and run a CSF but would have gone with something else in hindsight now that I’ve been presented with more information.

Literally anything is an upgrade from stock, but that’s a low bar to clear.

I see csf recommended a lot between this forum and Facebook groups.. curious what you would have gotten instead?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 12:09 PM   #25
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianM2 View Post
Literally the first reply in that thread

“That's pretty darn effective for an inexpensive intercooler. It doesn't heat soak, and IATs are never more that 20 degrees over ambient. Hell, IATs at 70* were better than the stock IC at 30*!”

Seems like it will be a great upgrade for me over my stock IC currently thanks for linking the logs you found, I didn’t think to check the suv forum
That thread was from 2017 man - it's 2023. That intercooler was good for back then, but there are absolutely better options. I said that in my first post in this thread.

Enjoy you car.
      09-21-2023, 12:19 PM   #26
CanadianM2
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
That thread was from 2017 man - it's 2023. That intercooler was good for back then, but there are absolutely better options. I said that in my first post in this thread.

Enjoy you car.
I will post the logs here for you to see as there seems to be a lack of info on them for the M2 specifically.

I won’t argue with a $400cad delivered IC that’s offers similar performance as other 5in IC’s from what I’ve now seen.

No doubt a larger IC has better cooling potential 100%

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 12:48 PM   #27
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianM2 View Post
I see csf recommended a lot between this forum and Facebook groups.. curious what you would have gotten instead?
Larger “Race” option from VRSF or BMS. Maybe even the Wagner Evo3 now that I appreciate how critical IATs are to knock-resistance on this platform. It performs pretty well, but as Ray mentioned there are better options now.

My CSF arrived with a 6in scratch on the top and while it’s only cosmetic, between that and their absolute lack of give af about mounting issues that have been shared with them I’m just turned off from the brand.

Their newer products that were jointly developed with PWR not-withstanding, I’m just not impressed with their stuff. They are not C&R or PWR as far as quality is concerned that’s for damn sure and they ask a premium anyways.

The owner seems more interested in picking out a Goyard accent fabric for his air cooled 911 than delivering the best quality product he can. Shits weak. Maybe do less sponsorship and marketing and more product dev ffs.
Appreciate 2
AmuroRay2282.50
      09-21-2023, 01:42 PM   #28
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
Larger “Race” option from VRSF or BMS. Maybe even the Wagner Evo3 now that I appreciate how critical IATs are to knock-resistance on this platform. It performs pretty well, but as Ray mentioned there are better options now.

My CSF arrived with a 6in scratch on the top and while it’s only cosmetic, between that and their absolute lack of give af about mounting issues that have been shared with them I’m just turned off from the brand.

Their newer products that were jointly developed with PWR not-withstanding, I’m just not impressed with their stuff. They are not C&R or PWR as far as quality is concerned that’s for damn sure and they ask a premium anyways.

The owner seems more interested in picking out a Goyard accent fabric for his air cooled 911 than delivering the best quality product he can. Shits weak. Maybe do less sponsorship and marketing and more product dev ffs.
YES! I can't like this post enough.